So We Rollin' With the Chemicals and We Got the New Sound

EML Ritual

Started by Ben_j, Jul 03, 2015, 21:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 17, 2015, 10:58

At first I just saw the EML video but then I realised there are a couple more too.
Oh nice find, I had not seen the other two !

On the EML video at 1.57, could that be Adam? On the skating vid they really should have chucked Ed in there somewhere.

It is Adam ! I thought it was him when I saw the Glastonbury video, but now I'm sure it's him.

If you play this to anyone who hasnt heard it, i would recommend checking they have clean underwear.

Here's a scene that almost certainly inspired the visuals :

There are just too many similarities for it not to be inspired by this !
The black and white, the spinning heads... Even the shirt is the same, for crying out loud !

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 18, 2015, 00:52

Nice find! Now it has lost some of it's originality.
But still those visuals are outstanding and pairing nicely with the track.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: kosek on Jul 18, 2015, 06:04

Nice find! Now it has lost some of it's originality.
But still those visuals are outstanding and pairing nicely with the track.

It was not my finding, credits to whoever it was who posted it on the Facebook group ! Yeah it lost some originality but there's still a really big work on the look, the lighting and the synchronization with the music

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 18, 2015, 00:52

There are just too many similarities for it not to be inspired by this !
The black and white, the spinning heads... Even the shirt is the same, for crying out loud !
Wow, nice find. I can say it's more than inspiration for now, it's some kind of remake with chemical atmosphere.
Hi Kevin!

The first shot in the short film for EML that was posted on pitchfork makes so much sense now. Inspiration from a French video? Find the most French looking kid you can find. Also, make sure he looks unimpressed.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

O face

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 13, 2016, 01:38

2mn13 of EML Ritual live visuals :)
http://www.notube.co/media/56138fbab73d120300986207

And the article it's coming from http://lbbonline.com/news/mark-whelan-cuts-surreal-trippy-visuals-for-the-chemical-brothers/
I've already got this as a VLC media file (.flv) on my PC along with visuals for Go (roller skating) and I'll See You There. Each clip preceded with a 5 or 6 second "Nowness presents" banner.  I'm pretty sure you found that web page in the first place Ben.
Ah, here we are:  NOWNESS.  I can't see now how I managed to save them from here, but the clips on this site are the three clips I've got.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

This awesome Run The Jewels 360/VR music video got me thinking : how cool would it be to have a VR version of the EML Ritual visuals ?
Last Edit: Apr 03, 2016, 01:29 by Ben_j

That's a very trippy idea  ;D
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

A little bit of EML Ritual in 2ManyDJs' set at the end of this video
(terrible sound)

I enjoyed that weird BITE creature defending the Giant Peach from the crocodile tongues that James dropped. I guess Tom and Ed were huge fans of Aunt Spiker and Aunt Sponge.

Best track on the whole record for me :)

Geez, how could I miss your video, Benji?!? These BITE cover animations are fucking awesome! The brothers should get the license for this to use for their shows. I mean, this idea to make a living echo with blinking eyes out of this is so simple and yet so creative. They've got to work that into their string of visuals someday.

@PG79, yes, it's a juggernaut of a track. The chems at their best. Their Parklife version last year was so energetic, it's made my love for it even bigger.

Edit: at 2:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZYNQHCiRS8&t=2m46s
Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017, 16:14 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 24, 2016, 17:40

A little bit of EML Ritual in 2ManyDJs' set at the end of this video
(terrible sound)

A Short but sweet followup to that video:

I never took the time to notice that the 2 pods appear to look like faces. Reminds me of the paper clip from Microsoft word X.X
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Csar on Jul 04, 2015, 09:00
Do you think the track's title refers to this former synth company:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Music_Laboratories

2:13 EML Wobbler:

Perhaps I should post this video in the Prodigy thread?
Music Radar made a fuss about this thing about ten days ago, and I thought: I'll take a look when I get a moment, and today YouTube suggested it to me as well. So I've watched some of it, but not all of it. A quick skip-through suggests this guy knows his stuff.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

That was some treat, thanks for sharing this, @Wolkenkrabber!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)