K+D+B Is Godlike

Go: Remix Package

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 04, 2015, 08:50

Previous topic - Next topic
I couldn't decide whether to put this in The Social or under the BITE stuff (incidentally, can moderators move and merge threads?).
Anyway, as just posted to the Facebook page (where I mentioned the EOC dub in a way that I might not mention here), you may want to read this:

http://www.mixmag.net/feature/big-tunes/

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I think it's fine where you posted it, Skyscraper.
Read the article, but where could I download that package?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Patience Mr Csar! The comments from Paul Woolford said 'soon'. So it ain't out yet. I'm sure the Chems Twitter & Facebook will let us know.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 04, 2015, 09:10

Patience Mr Csar! The comments from Paul Woolford said 'soon'. So it ain't out yet. I'm sure the Chems Twitter & Facebook will let us know.

Oops. Aye Sir! ;)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

LOVE the Special Request Warehouse mix!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 04, 2015, 09:10

Well I'm not sure we were informed as publicly as I imagined...But they're out. Does anyone else feel the urge to shout "Planet Rock!" over the Claude von Stroke remix ?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 18, 2015, 19:45

Does anyone else feel the urge to shout "Planet Rock!" over the Claude von Stroke remix ?

I am, it's my daily word, and it can be used over that track properly, fuck yeah.

Now you can listen the remixes on spotify

Go (Remixes)

That Special Request remix takes me back straight into early 90's, and it reminds me of this cool artists like Altern 8, Praga Khan, 4 Hero, 2 Bad Mice, Rufige Kru (Goldie) with their Techno Breakbeat. Looks like this releases are getting a little nostalgic and it's taking us back to the glorious days of raving, so awesome.  :music

And where's the remix package? I thought one could download the GO tracks and parts... Was I mistaken?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 20, 2015, 16:26

And where's the remix package? I thought one could download the GO tracks and parts... Was I mistaken?
I don't remember anyone promising the parts. Remix package= bunch of remixes. There is an instrumental of the standard 4.20 version if you look somewhere else...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 20, 2015, 16:35

I don't remember anyone promising the parts. Remix package= bunch of remixes. There is an instrumental of the standard 4.20 version if you look somewhere else...
Sniffle. I'm so bloody stupid these days.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

It's interesting that both Claude and Mr. Woolford went super old school with the remixes. I wonder if it was by (special) request of The Brothers...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I think it's a trend, part of the beginning of a 90s revival. You know how things come back in style every 20-30 years. We've got """deep house""" and jungle making a comeback, X-Files on our screens in January, I think we're going to see a lot of 90s throwback stuff in the next 10 years, much like a lot of the 80s throwback stuff that's been around in the recent past.
Never for money, always for love.

And also, those vocals of Q-tip have sort of a feel that belongs to some old school tracks. Many times I hear some piece of music with Q-tip always takes me back to the beginnings of the 90s, where the hip hop culture was merged with the dance scene to a whole new level. Perharps the Brothers, got the chance to manifest their younger side this time around, with not only the album (watching you Just Bang) but also with this remixes, truly a "special request".

Didn't want to make a new thread, but feel free if you feel it's worthy...

Looks like "Go" will be released in physical form on September 4, 2015.

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/96776

Catalogue No: chemst30

180 gram vinyl

A - Go [Extended]
B - Go [Edge of Control Dub]

Additionally, why would they do this now?
Last Edit: Aug 16, 2015, 03:43 by Bosco

Yeah, it seems real late in the game for a first single. There should be a focus on the follow up. (SIFSD)
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 16, 2015, 03:31

Didn't want to make a new thread, but feel free if you feel it's worthy...
Well it's still part of the remix package, so this would seem to tbe the perfect thread for it. £12.99 though? For music that most (all?) of us already have? If it was at least a double pack with all the mixes (and some additional artwork) it might be a bit more tempting ...
Oh by the way you can now get all the Go remixes  in WAV format for nada, if that floats your boat. See...somewhere else.

Quote from: satur8 on Aug 16, 2015, 04:11

Yeah, it seems real late in the game for a first single. There should be a focus on the follow up. (SIFSD)
Well SIFSD came out before Go didn't it. But I'm probably looking forward to the as-yet-unreleased remixes of SIFSD, more than a 12" of two Go mixes I already have.
Perhaps Universal should conisder releasing something from BITE other than the above two tracks as a proper follow up single, with a 12", a download (mixes) and video. Or is that too conventional?
IT'S MORNING TIME!