Off course
12 (23.5%)
That would be great but i don't think so
15 (29.4%)
If the album is great i don't need singles with b-sides
5 (9.8%)
No.
0 (0%)
3 singles. All in two version. Every version has at least one b-side and one remix.
17 (33.3%)
K+D+B is godlike
19 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Quote from: SouthernBrother on Jan 28, 2019, 22:08

Track List
https://store.thechemicalbrothers.com/*/*/No-Geography-CD/5ZOI0000000

CD
1 Eve Of Destruction   
2 Bango   
3 No Geography   
4 Got To Keep On   
5 Gravity Drops   
6 The Universe Sent Me   
7 We've Got To Try   
8 Free Yourself - Album Version   
9 MAH   
10 Catch Me I'm Falling

Eve got first dibs? Bravo choice!
GD and TUSM? any influences from the Galileo thingy?
Gravity Drops - sequel to escape velocity?

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jan 29, 2019, 02:30

maybe bango is alluding to bongo (or in this case bango) drums, so Here Comes the Drums possiblity. prayers O:-)

was thinking the same thing
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Absolutely weirdest names for a Chems album yet. I'm into it. Let's go.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jan 29, 2019, 03:33

Absolutely weirdest names for a Chems album yet. I'm into it. Let's go.
Bango!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 29, 2019, 07:21

Bango!

I already know, Bango is going to be my jam!
So let your body rock...

That explains why stuff is Shazamable now ! Eve of Destruction and Got to Keep On are both Shazamable. No stuff from Galileo worked on Shazam though

Edit: Shazamed We've got to try from the Desert Island Disco mix too

Gravity Drops. Oh heck yes.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 29, 2019, 08:17

That explains why stuff is Shazamable now ! Eve of Destruction and Got to Keep On are both Shazamable. No stuff from Galileo worked on Shazam though

Wonder how this works. Does Shazaam get advanced notice of tracks, are they already available to them or what?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm intrigued by all of these song titles (except for the released ones of course).

As predicted FY (Album version! hopefully it takes the crazier harder route or maybe just a different sequence/edit to go into MAH nicely) ... will be going into MAH (single version?).

I'd imagine We've Got To Try will sound a bit different as it only had the sample and new vocal addition as you guys discovered.

I may like this album from start to finish continuously hopefully.
Last Edit: Jan 29, 2019, 13:30 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Csar on Jan 29, 2019, 08:31

Wonder how this works. Does Shazaam get advanced notice of tracks, are they already available to them or what?
Tracks get sent to digital streaming services like Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, etc in advance, with a release date. Shazam must probably be part of it too, they have to have the track in order to make it recognizable by their algorithms. The lack of artwork probably means it's still not final, and will come later.

Re: Here Come The Drums, there were people who hoped it would be on the last album, but it wasn't. I'd be surprised if it's on this one (probably a different "timbre", to use a Whitenoise expression).
It's also possible that HCTD is now registered as Papal Disco, following Ben J's investigation of the French SACEM registry of songs and some forum input from Enjoyed and me.
There appeared to be a cluster of Life of Galileo songs on the SACEM page, none of which share titles with No Geography, so it's not a suprprse that Ben J didn't get any joy with those on shazam. But I guess Galileo could have nonetheless offered some inspiration.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 29, 2019, 08:25

Gravity Drops. Oh heck yes.
A Dubstep track now that the Dubstep bubble has burst? Hope not.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 29, 2019, 08:17

Yes, Bosco spotted this a couple of days ago. I can't find his post now though...

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 29, 2019, 13:19

Tracks get sent to digital streaming services like Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, etc in advance, with a release date. Shazam must probably be part of it too, they have to have the track in order to make it recognizable by their algorithms. The lack of artwork probably means it's still not final, and will come later.
That would seem to be a logical explanation. I've tried typing some track names into Shazam's website, but it's not playing ball with me. May be diffeent in other countries though?

Re: Catch Me I'm Falling, am I the only one thinking that sounds like quite a white, girly sort of a lyric/title? Perhaps an Aurora song? Although another thought: anyone remember the final scene in Trespass Against Us?

Re: Bango. Having slept on it, I'm even more convinced that they've probably sampled that Dinosaur L track.

Ahh, speculation...

IT'S MORNING TIME!

GOT TO KEEP ON, out maybe this Friday ???

So let your body rock...

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 29, 2019, 17:00

That would seem to be a logical explanation. I've tried typing some track names into Shazam's website, but it's not playing ball with me. May be diffeent in other countries though?
I think you can only search for tracks that have been released. You can Shazam any track registered though

^lol. Now I'm gonna think of that every time I come across that track. Such a great film.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 29, 2019, 17:00
Re: Bango. Having slept on it, I'm even more convinced that they've probably sampled that Dinosaur L track.
I might be delirious but I vaguely remember the "I wanna go bang" vocal from a recent DJ Set...

EDIT: actually, I might be mistaken with the "I wanna get freak" part at the end of the Nuits Sonores DJ Set
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019, 10:49 by Ben_j

Digging the titles, and love a 10 track LP, quality over quantity.

"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Also, if Kate Gibb does the artwork, I'll lose my Shi* - Chems and Kate are a match made in heaven.

I was reading an interesting piece here the other day centred around Kate and the Surrender Artwork, and I didn't know until then that the Out of Control Single cover was almost the cover for Surrender.

Link here for those interested. https://illustrationchronicles.com/A-Vibrant-Transcendence-Kate-Gibb-and-the-Art-of-Surrender
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Quote from: VMan on Jan 31, 2019, 10:41

Also, if Kate Gibb does the artwork, I'll lose my Shi* - Chems and Kate are a match made in heaven.

That would be awesome! But I think the black color will dominate again.

I had the great idea of checking Spotify through a VPN in New Zealand. And guess what ? Got to keep on is out ! And here's the artwork of No Geography apparently. It does look like Kate Gibb's work

Quote from: nekoland on Jan 31, 2019, 13:03

That would be awesome! But I think the black color will dominate again.
I'm happy I was wrong! is beautiful!!