Off course
12 (23.5%)
That would be great but i don't think so
15 (29.4%)
If the album is great i don't need singles with b-sides
5 (9.8%)
No.
0 (0%)
3 singles. All in two version. Every version has at least one b-side and one remix.
17 (33.3%)
K+D+B is godlike
19 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 31, 2019, 13:14

I had the great idea of checking Spotify through a VPN in New Zealand. And guess what ? Got to keep on is out ! And here's the artwork of No Geography apparently. It does look like Kate Gibb's work

Glad they're back to their vintage/sampled looking style. missed it. I can also spot a face in the sky amongst the clouds. Reminds me of the faces they use in the live show.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Release date of the album is April 12th apparently

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 31, 2019, 13:45

Release date of the album is April 12th apparently

"Pre-Order: Expected 12 April 2019" in iTunes Australia.

From Australian iTunes.

Love it!!!!!!!

No black and white scheme!!!!!!!

It doesn't seem completely Kate Gibb as this a straight vintage colorization & edit of an even older photo, with no proper silkscreening. Kate Gibb also edits old photos but in a much more cut and surreal manner, this is different. I wonder if they nicked it from some odd protest art, cloud face and all.

It seriously looks class. Fits. Confirms the political themes we're sensing. I wonder if this is something short and cranked out, and another album might be making its way out soon too.

I hope the singles get similar art too, but that doesn't happen that often this day and age.
Never for money, always for love.

COLOR! We got COLOR! Nice find Ben!

And since we're getting GTCO today, I think we'll have enough room to squeeze in EOD for release before the albums drops right?

Love the timing of all of this!

The cover! My interpretation: The Bros are heading toward some type of threat maybe but going in strong and not afraid because the weather gives them a beautiful positive outlook.

Wonder if itunes has an extra track for the Japan release?

Again great cover!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I'm sooo digging this album cover!
Great to see some colour again.
Anyone else getting some Autobahn vibes after seeing this?
But the longer I look at it.. the more I see..
At the horizon, a bright red light... underneath the cloudy face.

Also loving the names.. 12th of April feels really far away now.
Patience is virtue though.

Quote from: MIKL on Jan 31, 2019, 13:34

Glad they're back to their vintage/sampled looking style. missed it. I can also spot a face in the sky amongst the clouds. Reminds me of the faces they use in the live show.

I noticed the face, too! I kind of thought I was trippin on my cough syrup, teehee

I love love love this cover!!

Bring it on!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jan 31, 2019, 13:58

It seriously looks class. Fits. Confirms the political themes we're sensing. I wonder if this is something short and cranked out, and another album might be making its way out soon too.
Yep, Tom was very reluctant to admit it on Lauren's show but this is pretty clear to me. Love the kind of In-the-evening-you-might-praise-the-day theme.

But man, this album is going to be quite short, doesn't even touch the 50 minute mark.
Although I hope you're right, WhiteNoise, I somehow doubt this is going to happen. That would be a Chems' first.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 31, 2019, 15:02
Although I hope you're right, WhiteNoise, I somehow doubt this is going to happen. That would be a Chems' first.
By soon, I hope within 1-2 years, instead of the recent 3+. Right around the corner would be incredible though.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 31, 2019, 13:52

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/no-geography/1450389806

Track length and release date

So, Free Yourself is actually shorter on the album than the single released version (4.21 Vs 5.03). I don't think it's going to be a more kick ass version, as some of us may have hoped.

Quote from: i0ne on Jan 31, 2019, 14:30

Anyone else getting some Autobahn vibes after seeing this?
Yep.

Quote from: i0ne on Jan 31, 2019, 14:30

At the horizon, a bright red light... underneath the cloudy face.

Quote from: Csar on Jan 31, 2019, 15:02

Love the kind of In-the-evening-you-might-praise-the-day theme.

Are they heading towards something beautiful or something terrible? I'm genuinely not sure.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jan 31, 2019, 14:09

Wonder if itunes has an extra track for the Japan release?

It's gone midnight in Tokyo, I'm on Japanese iTunes now. Searched Chemical Brothers albums and couldn't see the new album. Searched "No Geography" and the songs come up (plus confusingly, a track called No Geography by another artist). I can't see any sign of a bonus track, but I'll admit I very rarely visit iTunes. Feel free to check yourselves.

In fact I can only find 9 tracks on Japanese iTunes; no sign of Eve Of Destruction (?).

*EDIT* Wait, I found it after entering THE Chemical Brothers. Ten tracks, same release date. Nothing new(er) to report, as far as I can see.
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019, 15:52 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It's not a Kate Gibb artwork. It was artwork that can be found in the 20 page booklet that came with Godley and Creme album Consequences. Looks like the Chems have used the image totally unaltered. A link below will show you the album booklet

https://www.discogs.com/Lol-Creme-Kevin-Godley-Consequences/release/871182

The cloud formation was also used on their front cover art

Fucking love this cover art, very in keeping with the brothers earlier work! Also love the fact it is taken from an album called Consequences which could be the whole subtext of No Geography
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019, 17:34 by Sneaker
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

So you knew where this cover was taken from, Sneaker? Wow, you guys are a gang of bloodhounds!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I love this. The film grain specifically just works so well imo.

Anyone else imagining the soldier on the right as long haired Tom?

Gravity Drops is the new Galaxy Bounce. Calling it.

April is actually hella close. 2 days before that show about dragons and incest comes back... What was it called again?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Csar on Jan 31, 2019, 17:06

So you knew where this cover was taken from, Sneaker?
I second this question. Are you a Godley & Creme fan Sneaker?

It's worth clicking your link to Discogs for the original image. Difficult to find it on google images
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019, 18:17 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

just had a thought!

you know the recent kraftwerk tour where they got the cover of the autobahn record and they animated it for the visuals. they should do the same for this new album cover and let it be the new visual for....wait for it...GALVANIZE!

just freaking lovely all together. NG definitely stands out from the pack.
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019, 18:26 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Wow. this album is like a inspirational blueprint for the new chems album. Not just visually but how the music was produced with the techniques involved I suspect. And the concept of the album nature vs Man etc. A lot of experimentation with new instruments and the sheer ambition of the project to getting it done (funny how I mentioned the art Vs Commerce thing in GTKO)

the album looks like a mix of Exit Planet dust era and Surrender.

also theres this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63ln4VrTLm8&ab_channel=TheChemicalBrothers
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."