Off course
12 (23.5%)
That would be great but i don't think so
15 (29.4%)
If the album is great i don't need singles with b-sides
5 (9.8%)
No.
0 (0%)
3 singles. All in two version. Every version has at least one b-side and one remix.
17 (33.3%)
K+D+B is godlike
19 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Quote from: Csar on Feb 01, 2019, 16:40

Universal says:
    MAH (instrumental)
    Catch Me I'm Falling (Instrumental)
    Eve Of Destruction (Instrumental)
    Free Yourself (Instrumental)

https://store.universal-music.de/p51-i0602577286957/the-chemical-brothers/no-geography-excl-3lp-/index.html#

Well when I click that link it doesn't say Free Yourself instrumental, just the other three. I know there is an instrumental of FY as it's already "out there" on the internet, but I don't see it being offered here. Does it somehow look different in Germany, or do I need glasses?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 01, 2019, 17:00

Well when I click that link it doesn't say Free Yourself instrumental, just the other three. I know there is an instrumental of FY as it's already "out there" on the internet, but I don't see it being offered here. Does it somehow look different in Germany, or do I need glasses?
Maybe they wanna trick us Germans into that deluxe deal?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Same in France, no sign of MAH Instrumental

Interesting. When I visit the universal store via the chems homepage store tab, I also get the three-track deal with a €6 higher retail price, now at €50.99 for the package. And it tells me there will be a "The Universe Sent Me" instrumental. Weird.

Edit: And it contradicts the one part of my assumption that all instrumentals might be on the vinyl by stating that those three tracks will be available via download card.

Last Edit: Feb 01, 2019, 18:16 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Feb 01, 2019, 17:06

Maybe they wanna trick us Germans into that deluxe deal?
yeah, japan itunes germany exclusive tracks

just kidding, me think the download-links will be lost like the further unmixed links...
no idea, no idea

Not to be a Debby Downer but where is the extra value in the 3LP? The bonus tracks are only instrumentals, so they're not new songs or b-sides, and they're download only? Don't people buy vinyls to actually listen to the songs on vinyl?

If it's only a download code and the same track listing as the 2LP I don't think I'll pay extra just for different colour vinyl and nice packaging.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 01, 2019, 21:18
just kidding, me think the download-links will be lost like the further unmixed links...
DON'T REMIND ME

Quote from: Ford on Feb 02, 2019, 00:43
Not to be a Debby Downer but where is the extra value in the 3LP? The bonus tracks are only instrumentals, so they're not new songs or b-sides, and they're download only? Don't people buy vinyls to actually listen to the songs on vinyl?

If it's only a download code and the same track listing as the 2LP I don't think I'll pay extra just for different colour vinyl and nice packaging.
They're heavyweight vinyl, which is both higher quality sound and will last longer. Limited edition. It's a tradition too - all albums since Dig Your Own Hole (except Further) have had a heavyweight 3xLP version pressed.

Also, a strong chance you get an exclusive unmixed track or two. On the Surrender 3xLP you can hear the ending of Got Glint, instead of it fading into Hey Boy Hey Girl, on We Are The Night you can hear the end of Burst Generator, and even the 3xLP of Born in the Echoes, with no transitions, has a version of I'll See You There with no vocal sample in the intro.

Sometimes you also get these broken transitions on the regular 2xLP (Push the Button 2xLP splits Come Inside and The Big Jump), sometimes not.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Feb 02, 2019, 01:26

They're heavyweight vinyl, which is both higher quality sound and will last longer.
180g records are just heavier and therefore feel sturdier. There is no difference in sound quality between a 140g/160g/180g/200g LP.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Feb 02, 2019, 01:26
Limited edition. It's a tradition too - all albums since Dig Your Own Hole (except Further) have had a heavyweight 3xLP version pressed.
All of them were promo releases. The first official 3LP release was the "Born in the echoes" 3LP set - with bonus track :)
Last Edit: Feb 02, 2019, 15:32 by M_O_N_O

Saw this on their youtube page as an icon for their videos.
Found a bigger version.

Should work for the inner album art maybe.
As if T and E are tapping into new energy!
Last Edit: Feb 03, 2019, 21:01 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

The Chems & silhouettes. Name a more iconic duo.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS
NO GEOGRAPHY  (JAPAN EDITION CD)

01 Eve of Destruction
02 Bango
03 No Geography
04 Got To Keep On
05 Gravity Drops
06 The Universe Sent Me
07 We've Got To Try
08 Free Yourself
09 MAH
10 Catch Me I'm Falling
11 [Japanese Edition Bonus Track] Fan Thai
12 [Japanese Edition Bonus Track] Got To Keep On (Extended Mix)
13 [Japanese Edition Bonus Track] The Universe Sent Me (Instrumental)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICW-10018?s_ssid=e45a995c57b59edc2

Couldn't they just put bonus tracks on the worldwide release and then charge more for imports? I still don't really get how this happens every time. It's a different label in Japan? That absolutely has to charge more than the import version? How about no?

Quote from: neorev on Feb 04, 2019, 03:54

This is fucking excellent news though.

Quote from: neorev on Feb 04, 2019, 03:54

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS
NO GEOGRAPHY  (JAPAN EDITION CD)

01 Eve of Destruction
02 Bango
03 No Geography
04 Got To Keep On
05 Gravity Drops
06 The Universe Sent Me
07 We've Got To Try
08 Free Yourself
09 MAH
10 Catch Me I'm Falling
11 [Japanese Edition Bonus Track] Fan Thai
13 [Japanese Edition Bonus Track] The Universe Sent Me (Instrumental)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICW-10018?s_ssid=e45a995c57b59edc2

damn damn damn

GTKO extended better be on a 12' after we get the MAH/FY release because it makes perfect sense now. EOD/GTKO should be in the works. I want it on a silver platter.
Last Edit: Feb 04, 2019, 04:25 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Feb 04, 2019, 04:20

damn damn damn

GTKO extended better be on a 12' after we get the MAH/FY release. I want it on a silver platter!

Right!? I'm glad I saved my money now.

Nothing new, but Google Translate didn't quite get it.. Still great to see.
Glad I've booked that trip to Tokyo in May a while back, so bang-on timing to claim my mint copy!
https://tower.jp/article/feature_item/2019/02/04/0107

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 04, 2019, 04:16
Couldn't they just put bonus tracks on the worldwide release and then charge more for imports? I still don't really get how this happens every time. It's a different label in Japan? That absolutely has to charge more than the import version? How about no?

Agreed.

Hi Kevin!

No one's actually said: A whole new song! Which is (potentially) the really interesting bit .
So is it Fan Thai or Fan Tie*? Is it going to sound Asian? Will it be the Chems first foray into Goa Trance? (I know, Goa's in India, and the title sounds more Far Eastern but they did play a Goa Trance kinda track at Printworks...) And where did your translation come from Neorev? I just see the titles in Japanese on the CD Japan site.

*Actually the google translate from HMV's listing spells it Fan Tai. And it seems Fan Tai Sui is something to do with the Chinese Zodiac?...

EDIT: I also found this little stub on Wikipedia: Fan Tai
Also the track from Printworks that I was thinking of. Pure guessing of course!
One more thought: Fan Thai is actually the name of a Thai restaurant...
Last Edit: Feb 04, 2019, 17:26 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 04, 2019, 14:35

No one's actually said: A whole new song! Which is (potentially) the really interesting bit .
So is it Fan Thai or Fan Tie*? Is it going to sound Asian? Will it be the Chems first foray into Goa Trance? (I know, Goa's in India, and the title sounds more Far Eastern but they did play a Goa Trance kinda track at Printworks...) And where did your translation come from Neorev? I just see the titles in Japanese on the CD Japan site.

*Actually the google translate from HMV's listing spells it Fan Tai. And it seems Fan Tai Sui is something to do with the Chinese Zodiac?...

EDIT: I also found this little stub on Wikipedia: Fan Tai

I used Google Translate. I tried a couple of others and I got Fan Tie, Fan Thai, and Fan Thailand.

I'm liking the adverts. Bit sad of me, I know.

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1093589075813109761

Last Edit: Feb 07, 2019, 20:01 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Man. If that's the back of the vinyl, it looks beautiful.

And damn, another new font to find!