You Are All My Children Now

2019 No Geography Tour Expectations

Started by Enjoyed, Nov 29, 2018, 22:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Obvious things first...

Free Yourself, Gotta Keep On and MAH stay, of course. I think we get AT LEAST Eve of Destruction if not another new one.

What makes room for it? No idea. Maybe shorter versions of other tracks?
I personally could survive if Saturate, Go, Believe or Chemical Beats were replaced (I know Chemical Beats is going nowhere) but if you touch my Star Guitar I'm gonna be mighty upset.

I'd like to see more little nods to other songs, perhaps in slightly more fleshed out forms? I've never had the pleasure of Got Glint? or Piku. Those would be a treat.
And heck if I wouldn't loose my shit hearing Galaxy Bounce or Come With Us (new opener please!).

What do we think?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I want EOD near the 2nd half of the set since the other 2 new tracks are in the first half.

Maybe it should replace Acid Children! Besides, that's where the visual is right now!

Im a begger so i'm gonna hold a cardboard banner at the Shrine show that says PLAY LOOPS! and then the other side says PLAY HOOPS! :))
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 29, 2018, 22:42

And heck if I wouldn't loose my shit hearing Galaxy Bounce or Come With Us (new opener please!).
CWU would be great, but not as an general opener - I see it more as an opener for the encore.

Other tracks I'd like to hear are Life Is Sweet or Music:Response
no idea, no idea

EBW7 was pretty long this tour (yeah buddy), I could see it being cut down a bit for Eve of Destruction, or a mashup with all of the different vocals.

I could see Free Yourself as the opener, or them going back to a tried+true one
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more new and different stuff the better basically. So you get more bang for your hard earned buck for the fans that have seen them every time.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Mad As Hell/Setting Sun please (minus Out Of Control)

Eve Of Destruction could be a plausible opener, if not made the opener midway through the tour like Another World was.

and perhaps Keep On/AMMC
Last Edit: Dec 14, 2018, 03:34 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

my setlist prediction (doesn't change much from last years prediction)

1-Tomorrow never knows
2-Eve Of Destruction
3-GO!
4-Do it again/Get yourself High/Direkt Buki
5-Free yourself
6-MAH
7-Chemical Beats, Feel so deserted (vocals)
8-Swoon
9-Temptation/Star Guitar
10-EML Ritual
11-Let Forever Be
12-Gotta Keep On
13-It Doesn't Matter (original)
14-Tuba/Acid Children
15-Out of Control/Setting Sun
16-Hey Boy Hey Girl
17-Saturate (shortened to make room)
18-Believe(With acid children drop)
=================
29- Got Glint? (It should not belong in the encore, period)
=================
20-Snow/Surface to air
21-Escape Velocity
22-Under the Influence (Robots mix)
23-Galvanize
24-C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L (Full)
25-Block Rockin' Beats
26-Piku/Playground/Music:Response
================
27-Hold Tight London
28-The Mystery Track (From Alexander Palace)
29-Wide Open
30-Dissolve/The Private Psychedelic Reel/Sympathy for the Devil (Vocals)
Last Edit: Feb 01, 2019, 03:01 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

At some point during the recording of No Geography, Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons pushed the reset button. It began with the construction of a studio within a studio - a tiny makeshift room that housed the kind of kit they'd previously used to record the bulk of their first two albums; equipment that had sat gathering (freestyle) dust in Tom's attic for the last twenty years. That experimental space offered a freedom and the chance to create music and tell their own story in a way they hadn't done for years.

Older equipment used to produce new album, maybe a hint towards the comeback of older material in setlist? Probably not the case, but would be fun to see!

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 01, 2019, 20:05

Older equipment used to produce new album, maybe a hint towards the comeback of older material in setlist? Probably not the case, but would be fun to see!

New album should have the freestyle logo on the back!

Hope they do a big ass interview during the album realease and expand more to detail about Tom's attic!

Finally, my only expectation for the album is that the other 6 tracks are just as good than the first 4 we already listened to. Looking for solid 7's and 8's (or higher) but no 5's or 6's!

As for the tour, maybe TSU, Don't Think,and CWU!

HBHG needs new visuals..

ENOUGH!
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Feb 07, 2019, 21:43

HBHG needs new visuals..

ENOUGH!

May I also add that "Do It Again/Get Yourself High" should be put to rest
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Feb 07, 2019, 23:25
May I also add that "Do It Again/Get Yourself High" should be put to rest
Also agreed.
Hi Kevin!

My guess so far, and sketchy at best.

go ( no longer opener but still will be played)
Dia/gyh
FY*
mAh*
Believe
EML
CB
Swoon
Sg
GTKO*
Hbhg
Saturate
Elektrobank/piku
Ev/gp
Acid children/EVE vocals (replaced now with EOD + new opener)
Uti
?
?
Galvanize
Stts/CHEMICAL
BRB

* = new tracks
? = Tracks to be added aka maybe STA,TSU,TPPR,ETC.

NOTE: (duh) it seems the chems are always shooting for 2 tracks per album to play)but if this is the case, why can't we get 2 from CWU?

You all are so funny with your tour expectations. I love it, though! ❤️

I just expect to have a great time and hear great music that may force me into hearing aid territory sooner than anticipated. 🤪
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

They better play the fucKING SALMON DANCE
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Feb 22, 2019, 18:01

They better play the fucKING SALMON DANCE
This Is Not A Game with Miguel on stage
no idea, no idea

Not that this has anything to do with setlists... I wonder where "This Is Not A Game" ranks amongst the rest of their songs in net revenue in the digital age. I think it's safe to say the track is not well liked amongst Chemical Brother fans, but aside from that, it was well received amongst the utes (youths). It even got heavy play during the 2016 NBA draft, which if some of you are not aware is highly watched by a lot of younger, and influential people. I know Miguel was starting to make a name for himself around that time, but I'm curious who was behind the push of this song to be featured on such a large stage. 

This footage doesn't even do it justice how much the song was used. At every commercial break the song could be heard via ESPN NBA Draft promo commercials, it was truly crazy. I've never been exposed to so much Chemical Brothers music on such a mainstream event, yet it's perhaps my least favorite Chemical Brother track.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 22, 2019, 23:44

I wonder where "This Is Not A Game" ranks amongst the rest of their songs in net revenue in the digital age. I think it's safe to say the track is not well liked amongst Chemical Brother fans
I would love the song if the vocals from Miguel where different. Lordes small part ("There it is") fits in perfectly, but Miguel somehow sounds wrong. So with different Vocals i could have the same amount of love for it like i have for Keep My Composure (both versions). But TINAG is still better than Taste Of Honey
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 22, 2019, 23:44

Not that this has anything to do with setlists... I wonder where "This Is Not A Game" ranks amongst the rest of their songs in net revenue in the digital age. I think it's safe to say the track is not well liked amongst Chemical Brother fans, but aside from that, it was well received amongst the utes (youths). It even got heavy play during the 2016 NBA draft, which if some of you are not aware is highly watched by a lot of younger, and influential people. I know Miguel was starting to make a name for himself around that time, but I'm curious who was behind the push of this song to be featured on such a large stage. 

This footage doesn't even do it justice how much the song was used. At every commercial break the song could be heard via ESPN NBA Draft promo commercials, it was truly crazy. I've never been exposed to so much Chemical Brothers music on such a mainstream event, yet it's perhaps my least favorite Chemical Brother track.

Having worked in TV, it can just simply be a matter of the producer's choice to use it once they get approval from the record company. This producer might've known like you said that it was gaining momentum and wanted to use that to appeal to the younger audience and maybe just the fact that it had 'this is not a game' in it. It also might've been cheaper to licence due to miguel not being too popular at that time and that its not a big chemical track coming from just a movie soundtrack as well.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...