I'll Take You Along With Me

2019 No Geography Tour Expectations

Started by Enjoyed, Nov 29, 2018, 22:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 29, 2019, 22:27

I have no reason to expect this or grounds for this demand but BRING BACK NUDE NIGHT

I hope they do change up the setlist with one or two songs while in the states!

I am hoping for a few surprises here and there.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

One thing I'm excited about with this tour is that it's usually the second leg of a Chems promo cycle where the live shows really kick off - think about how they stepped things up, both visually and in terms of the setlist, for the long tail of the WATN tour where they kept on the road to promote Brotherhood, or the leg of the Further tour that doubled as prep for Don't Think. That break to reconsider and improve an existing setlist has consistently been of great benefit to them. But for No Geography they've already done a considerable amount of that legwork ahead of time, with the 2018 festival tour. Three No Geography tracks already have full visuals (or, well, 3.5 if you count "Eve of Destruction") and the BITE set structure has gotten a thorough rinsing, so I really expect them to come out the gate with something impressive once they've added a whole additional layer of tour prep on top of that.
On that note please feel free to examine this still of a Smith+Lyall tour visuals shoot from three weeks ago for evidence of "Nude Night":
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Champiness on Apr 30, 2019, 20:14
think about how they stepped things up, both visually and in terms of the setlist, for the long tail of the WATN tour where they kept on the road to promote Brotherhood, or the leg of the Further tour that doubled as prep for Don't Think. That break to reconsider and improve an existing setlist has consistently been of great benefit to them

Yes! The 2004-2005 tours I'm reminded of as well - start by touring mainly festivals ahead of the album being finished or released, with a set of hits and a few unreleased songs. Then come back the next year after the release prepared with new songs and ability / desire to tweak the hell out of the setlist after touring it the same way for so long. 2005's average setlist changed at least 4 times over the year and had so many weird surprises pop up. Would be amazing to see that in 2019 and I feel it's much more likely now that Ed's wholly on board again.

Though the number of dates on a tour probably plays into how much they tweak the set too. In 2005 they had about 50 stops on their tour. This year it's 26 (and counting of course).
Never for money, always for love.

ed's instagram story today has a rehearsal clip of
Spoiler
escape velocity & golden path vocals
Eight or over.

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Apr 30, 2019, 22:18

ed's instagram story today has a rehearsal clip of
Spoiler
escape velocity & golden path vocals
Spoiler
hearing this vocal sample is just a constant reminder that I'll never hear actual Golden Path live

and that's enough spoilers for me! Need to go into this knowing as little as possible!
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 30, 2019, 22:30
and that's enough spoilers for me! Need to go into this knowing as little as possible!
Me too but it's gonna be so hard!!

ngl I've been checking Smith+Lyall's not-updated-in-weeks Instagram page with the specific and remote hope that they'll slip up and include some visual spoilers in a post, so thorough is my inability to wait until May 11, so I can't really relate

Last tour I had a little personal job of scouring Instagram for any interesting clips of every show they played in the year since their Rockhal debut.

I'm trying not to spoil the show for myself this year either so would anybody like to carry the torch for me? (or should I continue archive?)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Maybe worth noting, on the day before the tour kickoff at Corona, that this photo ostensibly taken at some point during rehearsals has synths labeled with names like "Hoops", "Reflexion", "Eve", "Wide" and "Glint" amidst the more familiar stuff
Also one that might, through the heavy compression, read "TBJ", but that seems implausible to me

Spoiler
Most likely Hoops will be the transition between S2A (they already tackled the classic blend from S2A so I doubt they'll change it up) and Galvanize
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

So, today is the day to stay off YouTube and social media for this ruckus.

I will preserve my eyes and ears.

But eventually, I just wanna see 'Hold Tight Los Angeles' when shit does goes down.

That is all!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

My prediction: they open with Eve of Destruction.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 11, 2019, 14:52
My prediction: they open with Eve of Destruction.
I mean, they kinda have to don't they? It's such a killer album opener, imagine that fading in from tomorrow never knows!

I spoiled the part of the 2020 setlist by photos from the Matt Cox twitter:

Spoiler
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Mar 06, 2020, 18:25

Spoiler
Spoiler
RIP Eve of destruction & IM BLIND EML Ritual/Bango
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I spoiled the part of the 2020 setlist by photos from the Matt Cox twitter

Your list is not complete. I've got a spy in Ed's house (Frank The Boss, if anybody wants to know) and he told me that they will definitely play a mashup of Power Move and These Beats Are Made For Breaking between Star Guitar and GTKO. Also they will start the third part of the show with Loops Of Fury.
Last Edit: Mar 07, 2020, 13:10 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Spoiler

Can't say for sure this is official, Reflexion was slated to play in 2018 and Hoops in 2016 going by some previous posts from Matt and Ed, it's likely this is just a list of cues rather than a cohesive setlist for now.

Spoiler
however hey boy hey girl being an intro again is possible, i looked at adam's pinterest posted on the forum before and there seems to be an interesting board https://www.pinterest.es/flatnosegeorge/hbhg2020/
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 07, 2020, 09:23

Your list is not complete. I've got a spy in Ed's house (Frank The Boss, if anybody wants to know) and he told me that they will definitely play a mashup of Power Move and These Beats Are Made For Breaking between Star Guitar and GTKO. Also they will start the third part of the show with Loops Of Fury.
God, I wish

pumisher's info not solid. good authority that third part of the show starts with dust up beats
Eight or over.

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Mar 08, 2020, 13:36

pumisher's info not solid. good authority that third part of the show starts with dust up beats
which version?

and by sayin' my info's not solid you call frank the boss a liar...
no idea, no idea