It's the Lifestyle We're Living

2019 - Shrine Expo, Los Angeles May 15th / Greek Theatre, Los Angeles May 16th

Started by Bosco, Nov 30, 2018, 01:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Figured it's time to get this going so we don't clutter the other thread.

The Shrine looks like a really dope place for a concert. The setup reminds me of the tent stages at Coachella where it can get a bit narrow and cramped, but you definitely get a great feel from the vibe of the crowd. I think it's gonna be a wild one!

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 02, 2018, 03:33

The Shrine looks like a really dope place for a concert. The setup reminds me of the tent stages at Coachella where it can get a bit narrow and cramped, but you definitely get a great feel from the vibe of the crowd. I think it's gonna be a wild one!

It's gonna be great. All GA with a better club vibe than the Greek obviously. The sound will be much better too, given the time and sound volume restrictions for houses near the Greek.

There's also a nice outdoor area to get some fresh air and have a toke. Saw Portishead here back in 2012 or so and it was fantastic. Can't wait for this one.

If anyone already has an extra ticket, please let me know.

You can now pull up specific seats in your desired location for The Greek show. Majority of the desirable seating are spoken for, but from what I see, there is a lot seats still available.

Where are the lurkers? I would expect them to post in here by now with their recently purchased tickets!

Ed or Tom gonna chime in again on about how to get the best sound again @ the Greek or any tidbits of info? (Ex: Hollywood Bowl)
Last Edit: Dec 09, 2018, 22:06 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Ok..... forum.... here we go!
Long time, no chat. I recently found out about the upcoming Cali shows and would love to make an appearance.

Will be doing this trip on my own, so looking for advice:
Which show should I go to -- if I only choose one (both are possible but not 100%)
Where should I get tickets if I choose the Greek, keeping in mind I'd love to hang with all of you?
Where should I stay in LA on a relatively cheap budget (this is an in/out, not a luxury getaway)

Currently looking at arriving on the Tuesday and leaving Friday afternoon.

Whirly, Pooter, Bosco, and everyone... the time has come to.... galvanize!

Hey dark! Welcome back!

Either the SF or the Shrine are the best choices because the ticket prices are set and cost less way more than the Greek!
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019, 02:16 by inchemwetrust

The Greek show has tier pricing, meaning that if you wanna get up and personal to the stage, it's gonna cost an arm, whereas the farther your away from the stage, you'll pay less.

Oh and it's assigned seating too!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jan 31, 2019, 02:10

the farther you're away from the stage, you'll pay less.

But still more than a GA ticket at The Shrine!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I've now booked flights and have ticket to Shrine. Going to also get ticket to Greek in the next couple days. It's on!

Haven't done this in awhile!  ;D

Hey Darkstar! I totally overlooked your first post. Good to see you're still kickin!

Quote from: Darkstar on Jan 31, 2019, 01:38

Where should I stay in LA on a relatively cheap budget (this is an in/out, not a luxury getaway)

I don't know about the rest of the out-of-towners, but I was potentially scouting out the janky motels on Hollywood blvd. One in particular looks bearable, and it's certainly at the right price.

http://www.hollywoodinnexpressnorth.com

Dat Charlie Chaplin room lookin' mighty fine!  :))

Would hostels be an option for people? I stayed in West Hollywood the first time I came to LA and had a pretty good time!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 05, 2019, 04:29

Would hostels be an option for people? I stayed in West Hollywood the first time I came to LA and had a pretty good time!

Drove past here today while on my day off. might want to check it
https://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Banana-Bungalow-West-Hollywood/Los-Angeles/16860?dateFrom=2019-05-15&dateTo=2019-05-17&number_of_guests=1

one more thing..

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Feb 21, 2019, 18:28

Drove past here today while on my day off. might want to check it
https://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Banana-Bungalow-West-Hollywood/Los-Angeles/16860?dateFrom=2019-05-15&dateTo=2019-05-17&number_of_guests=1

^^ That's where I stayed!

First time back in America since I was a littl'un. Really bad ear ache from poor altitude adjustment, jet lagged, falling asleep in a bunk bed after downing a full bag of Chex Mix, a Whatchamacallit, and a grape ice tea that I bought from a 7-11. Talk about the American dream.

^^ It's time for you to toss that chex mix, toliet flush that Whatchamacallit, and pour the rest of that grape ice tea for your lost homies because no one should succumb and be comfined to the chains of a 7-11!

Not on my watch. No sir-eee!

Someone give this man a Baconator or I will!

Maybe all of us can have a good sit down dinner before the show!

If you're proposing Wendy's for dinner. I am in.

I am always in for my gurl Wendy.

I get pre-show jitters just being a spectator. There is no way I can stomach a Baconator let alone a hamburger before a Chems gig. That's why God invented Golden Nugget/ Waffle House.
Last Edit: Mar 02, 2019, 22:04 by Bosco