Dream How I Dream to Feel

2019 - Shrine Expo, Los Angeles May 15th / Greek Theatre, Los Angeles May 16th

Started by Bosco, Nov 30, 2018, 01:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Ben_j on May 17, 2019, 12:54

Until which mark can I listen to this without having spoilers ?
I'd say until the 50 min mark (with some minor transition tweaks that differ from last year's shows).
Go
Free Yourself
Chemical Beats
MAH
EML
Swoon
Temptaion/ Star Guiter (Gravity Drop beats segue)
GTKO
HBHG
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Ben_j on May 17, 2019, 12:54

Until which mark can I listen to this without having spoilers ?

Just wait the week bro :D
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Fun to watch a little pre-show, pre-glint footage too
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The fact that an encore in a noise curfew restricted venue, pleases me. This could spell well for NY and any other non-festival outdoor shows.

Bring the Reel to NY!

and chicago!!!

Quote from: Bosco on May 17, 2019, 17:53

The fact that an encore in a noise curfew restricted venue, pleases me. This could spell well for NY and any other non-festival outdoor shows.

Bring the Reel to NY!

and chicago!!!

YES I NEED THE REEL!!!!!!!1
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Hi all, posted occasionally over at the old forums and wanted to chime in about the new run of shows.

Happy to have made it to the event at the Shrine. Seriously great atmosphere, and it was great to -finally- get to a Chems show with an encore instead of being left wanting more after 75-80 minutes like at the Hollywood Bowl in 2010 and Coachella 2011 (well, I guess the latter was 50 minutes...freakin Kings of Leon). Was also the first time I've been able to see their live show in a more club-like atmosphere, and I feel like that's the optimal environment.

Personal highlights included the re-tweaked version of Dig Your Own Hole, the Eve visuals (not a big fan of the album version of the song, but I like the chopped up version they played live), Temptation/Star Guitar, Got Glint>Catch Me I'm Falling and (a bit surprisingly) Galvanize, which may have been the apex of the show, imo (just a potent moment of supreme fun, aided in part I think by the BPM slowdown). I do have a few nitpicky comments but I'll add those in the other thread.

Anwyay, just an all-around joyous occasion. Always so impressed with the lads' mastery of emotion-through-synthesizers. Hope the show at the Greek was fun!

Quote from: Bosco on May 17, 2019, 17:53

Bring the Reel to NY!

and chicago!!!

FUCKING COSIGNED.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 16, 2019, 09:11

Then there is that moment during the George & Mildred reveal where you can hear me yell out

"ROOOOOBOTSSSSSSS!!!!!"
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 16, 2019, 21:11

See for yourselves!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KhP5YxqvsgpEblXHU1R-s5kA8omPN-_L

I keep listening back to the first part of the set in my car. and I keep hearing Whitenoise, Inchem, and Fern...

I particularly love when Fern says at 1:08 "What if I want to scream?"
or at 1:05:35 where you can hear me start my "Holy Shit" line

Edit: Ha! I just heard myself clear as the blue sky saying my "Thank You Old Friends!" line at 1:34:48
Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 21:31 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on May 21, 2019, 21:12

My "Holy Shit! (Fuck yes!)" comes at 1:39:29 - First Got Glint? for this fella.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: rynostar on May 21, 2019, 21:12

I keep listening back to the first part of the set in my car. and I keep hearing Whitenoise, Inchem, and Fern...

I particularly love when Fern says at 1:08 "What if I want to scream?"

Edit: Ha! I just heard myself clear as the blue sky saying my "Thank You Old Friends!" line at 1:34:48

:)) :)) :))

Im afraid to listen to my own voice.I hate it. Definitely gonna cringe after I listen! I was mostly next to Ryno for most of the shows and I definitely could hear him loud and clear

Fern was definitely audible at the SF show! Definitely whooping it up!
Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 18:35 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

— Aurora (The Seed)

It's so fantastic to hear the crowd noise. "THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING" during Eve of Destruction was particularly hilarious.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 22, 2019, 15:52

:)) :)) :))

Im afraid to listen to my own voice.I hate it. Definitely gonna cringe after I listen! I was mostly next to Ryno for most of the shows and I definitely could hear him loud and clear

Fern was definitely audible at the SF show! Definitely whooping it up!

I think it was you that recorded a bit of Escape Velocity when they DJ'd Coachella? Because all I remember from that clip is hearing me basically losing my shit. So embarrassing!! Lol
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

This channel has some great footage from the Greek and Shrine Expo gigs!

— Aurora (The Seed)

wonder if he's got any civic center vids ::)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."