I'll Take You Along With Me

2019 - Shrine Expo, Los Angeles May 15th / Greek Theatre, Los Angeles May 16th

Started by Bosco, Nov 30, 2018, 01:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Bosco on Mar 02, 2019, 21:37

I get pre-show jitters just being a spectator. There is no way I can stomach a Baconator let alone a hamburger before a Chems gig. That's why God invented Golden Nugget/ Waffle House.

Preshow jitters!

Usually the day before the show, I get some tea into my system to help me to relax before I hit the bed, kind of very hard to sleep cause of the excitement. Next day, I prepare! Big breakfast, get extra cash from the ATM, gas up the car, etc. Then a few hours before the show, the jitters kick in harder! First thing I wanna do is to make sure I take a crap. I don't want any  bodily distractions during the show. When driving, im very cautious on the freeway because I don't want no bad luck accidents.

Oh, and a pack of gum... preferably cinnamon. Oh and a bag of cornnuts too!

Last Edit: Mar 04, 2019, 02:15 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Gonna be flying in Tuesday before the first showwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got time off approval

Now to buy plane tickets and figure out lodging.

Anybody have recommendations for hotels? Or (way less likely) anybody willing to host me? I'll gladly pay for lodging and make good conversation. I also smell nice

Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 02, 2019, 16:13

Got time off approval

My boss just told me 'guess what...your going to the greek!' Vacation approved!

Got my shrine ticket but still waiting for the others.
Last Edit: Apr 05, 2019, 22:58 by inchemwetrust

...arriving at LAX at 11:00 am...

It's happening folks...

now need to set up hotel/airbnb/couch & way to get up to SF. Are people still interested in the carpool idea?
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

My plans are kind of up in the air - still going, but not sure if roadtripping out or flying. Should have them solid by the end of the week though!
Never for money, always for love.

I am chiming in again because I am SO FREAKIN EXCITED!! I am totally down for grabbing a bite and perhaps a cocktail or two beforehand either show. See some old faces and meet new ones too after all this time. I would love to try making that happen.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Apr 12, 2019, 23:00

I am chiming in again because I am SO FREAKIN EXCITED!! I am totally down for grabbing a bite and perhaps a cocktail or two beforehand either show. See some old faces and meet new ones too after all this time. I would love to try making that happen.

I am definitely down for this

Especially because you all are foodies and I like food

and cocktails

Quote from: whirlygirl on Apr 12, 2019, 23:00

Yes! Let's do this! I don't really care to much where we eat but as long as it's tasty! We can get in some good talks, do some group photos. A good place to start is to see when everyone touchs down in Los Angeles and gets settled in. ( I know some of you will have long flights or travel getting here and just need a little rest before meeting up)

As soon as I can put my bags down somewhere, I want to just do stuff

Has anyone got their tickets to the Greek yet? Slightly worried that they're not here yet.

I got mine emailed to me pretty much instantly after I bought them back in December.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 01, 2019, 04:23

I got mine emailed to me pretty much instantly after I bought them back in December.

ok so I called them (AXS) and they said the ticket was shipped on the 29th of last month. Why so late?

At the Greek, they want you to spend $599 for section AC (center front stage) and a minimum of two tickets for a total of $1,198? Are they frigging serious?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 13, 2019, 10:22

At the Greek, they want you to spend $599 for section AC (center front stage) and a minimum of two tickets for a total of $1,198? Are they frigging serious?

Yep! But there's plenty of tickets left right now (200+ tickets left when I counted seats on the axs website)

Gonna rain on Thursday too. Expected to clear up by noon!

Never had a wet one, but would be cool to get drenched to SG!

I guess AXS has a few more tickets left
https://www.axs.com/events/365566/the-chemical-brothers-tickets?skin=shrineauditorium
Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:21 by inchemwetrust

I anyone bringing a recorder to the show?*

*(the wind instrument we all learn in school at age 7. I want to try to play the Go baseline on it, but would feel strange doing it alone, since recorders are meant to be played in large groups.)