No Geography

2019 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco May 17th

Started by Bosco, Nov 30, 2018, 01:58

Previous topic - Next topic
In for this show. Bringing along the wife (veteran of three shows) and best friend from high school (saw three Chems shows & one DJ set with me, including Red Rocks '99 and Bill Graham '99). Probably dining @ the Market beforehand & possibly a drink or three before or after @ Smuggler's Cove, depending on anticipated end-time (last call @ 1:15). I'll be the big white elder-millenial in a "Man Machine" shirt.

Oh man, Smuggler's Cove looks right up my alley. Although I'm not fine tuned to the intricacies of rum drinking, I'm a sucker for island-life lore. Have fun dude, I would've been pushing hard to make a visit if I was still making the trip out. 

Additionally, I really hope a second Red Rocks show is in their future. Words don't describe how great that venue is.

I'll be the guy with a ponytail wearing a black & Grey Sweater, a pink floyd shirt, and an A7X Beanie. If I don't already stand out, Imma be the guy in line/in the lobby near the shop stands with this:
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Smuggler's Cove is a wonderfully cozy castaway place to get a nicely crafted tiki drink, and they have some cool mugs you can buy if you're into collecting that sort of thing.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I wont be able to join you guys at smugglers cove.

EDIT: 1 DAY LEFT IN THE PERIOD!!!!
Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 19:47 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

About to board the flight, I can't believe I'm actually going!!! :music

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 17, 2019, 11:28

About to board the flight, I can't believe I'm actually going!!! :music

What time does your flight arrive?
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I'm at the airport now - my flight is delayed but thankfully it is a short flight for me to San Francisco.

Hoping to get a disco nap at some point today!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Can't wait to hear from the youngest amongst us and his first chems experience.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: rynostar on May 17, 2019, 15:18

What time does your flight arrive?
Arrived just now (1:05) and has boarded BART to the civic center. See ya guys there, stay safe, brothers ( and sisters)

FUCK MY LIFE, of coarse I lose my phone in the subway of one the biggest cities on the planet, no audio phone recording! No pictures! And most likely never gonna see it ever again. Have to text on this crappy iPad my mom carries around. Fuck! :'( >:(

That's a major bummer, especially for your first show. I hope some kind soul will help return it to you!

In the meantime, remember, it's just a phone. You might not have the ability to take any personal photos/recordings, but there will be dozen of people out there capturing the moment.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 17, 2019, 21:46

FUCK MY LIFE, of coarse I lose my phone in the subway of one the biggest cities on the planet, no audio phone recording! No pictures! And most likely never gonna see it ever again. Have to text on this crappy iPad my mom carries around. Fuck! :'( >:(

We'll look for your sign at the gig. Not sure what pre game looks like yet as we're waiting on two cars to still arrive. Inchem and I are headed to his hotel to get him checked in. Keep your eyes here for now.

no audio phone recording! No pictures!
Hey man, bummer about your phone but don't worry about it for the show, just have a great time! First and only time I saw the Chems (until next week!!) was pre smart phone era and I'm glad I just got to enjoy it as is,no distractions

On that note have a great time to everyone who's attending tonight!!!

Thanks, everyone, we went to a neat little diner on 4th and got a malt to cheer myself up. In about an hour we're  going to check out the venue to see what it looks like. Be on the lookout.
Last Edit: Aug 17, 2019, 05:53 by Conn6orsuper117

Hey Connor. We're at the venue now and will be making our way in to the crowd pretty soon. We'll be looking for you and your sign but in case you don't have it up, keep your eyes out for a tallish guy with a top not pony tail making an emu action with his hands! I'll be doing it while we walk in... On the off chance you have internet right now!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Connor! We're going to be meeting at the merch stand on the right side of the entrance after the show. If you happen to see this, hopefully we'll see you there!

Hope you had an amazing time whatever happens!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

If crotor or eroll are around, we are at smugglers.

Downstairs
Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:21 by rynostar

Witnessing The Reel 3 nights in a row is extremely beneficial to your health.
Never for money, always for love.

Oh damn, that's terrible. Well, on the bright side, all in all, this is a day you'll never forget. Hope you had a fun tonight, though, and you could meet with the gang after all.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 18, 2019, 07:03

Witnessing The Reel 3 nights in a row is extremely beneficial to your health.
So glad for you. So, it's the Private Psychedelic Heal now!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)