Ohm Sweet Ohm

2019 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco May 17th

Started by Bosco, Nov 30, 2018, 01:58

Previous topic - Next topic
remembered what song I got ed to wave at me on. ;D
Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 18, 2019, 19:28

I managed to get Ed to wave at me during Galvanize:

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Hey Connor, I'm really curious: how did your Mom experience the live show? How did she like it? Too loud, noisy?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 20, 2019, 07:40

remembered what song I got ed to wave at me on. ;D

And Tom acknowledged the rest of us at different points. I think it was swoon. He saw fern, pooter and biff first (fern went nuts about this). Then I think he it was star guitar when he saw me and enjoyed singing/dancing perfectly to the beat. He was doing a long reach across the desk. When it clued in that it was us there was a 'oh hey! It's those wankers' Moment in his body language. He then gave a wink while shaking his head. I think he and Ed talked right about us after as well...but it could just been about the track.

If I recall, Whirly said that Ed may have saw our group during the shrine show when her and jim talked to them in vip...but she would have to confirm that.
Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 17:35 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Csar on May 20, 2019, 12:54

Hey Connor, I'm really curious: how did your Mom experience the live show? How did she like it? Too loud, noisy?
she brought earplugs in case it got too noisy, but she loved the whole show (especially the reel). I think what blew her mind the most was Escape Velocity since I could here her oohs and ahs through the bass.
her 2nd favorite moment was when a balloon hit me on the head and nearly knocked my hat off as she was laughing really hard during NG.

she was really excited when I told her before summer starts, I'm gonna sit her down to watch Don't Think.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: rynostar on May 20, 2019, 16:59

And Tom acknowledged the rest of us at different points. I think it was swoon. He saw fern, pooter and biff first (fern went nuts about this). Then I think he it was star guitar when he saw me and enjoyed singing/dancing perfectly to the beat. He was doing a long reach across the desk. When it clued in that it was us there was a 'oh hey! It's those wankers' Moment in his body language. He then gave a wink while shaking his head. I think he and Ed talked right about us after as well...but it could just been about the track.

If I recall, Whirly said that Ed may have saw our group during the shrine show when her and jim talked to them in vip...but she would have to confirm that.

Errol had mentioned to me shortly after the Shrine, that you guys were spotted by Tom and Ed. 😊😊 And Ed (as well as Tom) said to Jim and I that they appreciate you all coming together and for making the effort to travel and see the shows. They wanted to be sure you guys were having a good time and enjoyed their set!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 20, 2019, 18:24

she brought earplugs in case it got too noisy, but she loved the whole show (especially the reel). I think what blew her mind the most was Escape Velocity since I could here her oohs and ahs through the bass.
her 2nd favorite moment was when a balloon hit me on the head and nearly knocked my hat off as she was laughing really hard during NG.

she was really excited when I told her before summer starts, I'm gonna sit her down to watch Don't Think.

Your mom sounds awesome! ❤️ I wish I could have stuck around a bit after the SF show so I could have met you both!

This was such an awesome show! I'm glad everyone wanted to get way up in there (close enough for Tom and Ed to see we exist). The other two shows I was a bit back, but this was a fun one to be adventurous and get all up in there. I swear I'll write a review in more detail at some point and post anything microphones caught.

Quote from: Biff on May 20, 2019, 19:11

This was such an awesome show! I'm glad everyone wanted to get way up in there (close enough for Tom and Ed to see we exist). The other two shows I was a bit back, but this was a fun one to be adventurous and get all up in there. I swear I'll write a review in more detail at some point and post anything microphones caught.

Please review! 😊 I would love to read an up close and personal review from the floor of the San Francisco show. That crowd was nuts!! We were in the upper level and the crowd up there were all in and raving hard, too.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 20, 2019, 18:24

Splendid! Great to hear she enjoyed herself, Connor. Because, you never know how people unfamiliar with them react to a show like this. I once brought a dear friend to the London Olympia show in 2008 and she didn't quiet like it because of all the frenzy that was going on, esp. in terms of dizzing lasers and volume (but I did appreciate her bold move to join me though).

Quote from: whirlygirl on May 20, 2019, 20:38

Quote from: Biff on May 20, 2019, 19:11

Please review! 😊 I would love to read an up close and personal review from the floor of the San Francisco show. That crowd was nuts!! We were in the upper level and the crowd up there were all in and raving hard, too.
Yes, please! I'd like all of that.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: shakermaker on May 19, 2019, 20:35

that was fucking spectacular. my 7th time seeing them and probably the best yet. I cannot get enough of the Chemical Brothers live. sigh.

anyone know anything more about these posters? were they sold at the merch booths? I didn't take a look until after the show, and wouldn't have wanted to hold on to one all night anyway, but man they look good.

There were a bunch of similar sized posters in the bathrooms - I think Whirly is probably right, they were likely put up around the venue (maybe on a few lamp posts too) before the show and taken down before the actual event.
Probably worth checking eBay in a week or so to see if any show up. I would have loved one.

As for my review. It's forthcoming - just got to get properly settled back into real life first.
The real take away is something that echoes what Whirly said in her review - Somehow, they get better and better with each live show. I really didn't think that Glastonbury 2016 could be topped (especially as we got TSU) - but these shows we're sublime. And, as if I didn't love No Geography enough already, they have cemented Chemical 9 as one of their best works.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 21, 2019, 02:20

There were a bunch of similar sized posters in the bathrooms - I think Whirly is probably right, they were likely put up around the venue (maybe on a few lamp posts too) before the show and taken down before the actual event.
Probably worth checking eBay in a week or so to see if any show up. I would have loved one.

As for my review. It's forthcoming - just got to get properly settled back into real life first.
The real take away is something that echoes what Whirly said in her review - Somehow, they get better and better with each live show. I really didn't think that Glastonbury 2016 could be topped (especially as we got TSU) - but these shows we're sublime. And, as if I didn't love No Geography enough already, they have cemented Chemical 9 as one of their best works.

I really want that poster! Or maybe the one at the shrine. If I could just find the name of the artist.

I don't know how the Chems are gonna top this show, but in some way, there gonna get the job done!

I was very slow settling back to the real world. Monday was too brutal! The shows were kind of like drinking a couple of energy drinks and later I was crashing hard on the first day of the work week. I daydreamed,reminisced, and pretty much pouted about clocking in at my job. I'm barely uploading the videos I took because I pretty much slept thru the entire sunday.

@Connor
I'm thrilled that Ed waved at you! The feeling that you get at your first show and finally this happens! You mom is awesome for bringing you to the show, but double points for her for enjoying the show as well and being welcomed into the brotherhood.

@ryno @whrirls
I couldnt tell if T and E we're looking at us or where we were in the crowd. But if Errol said they did see us, my only guess is maybe because Enjoyed was pulling off some mad vertical jumps. Guy was hopping and jumpjng like no tommorow. There was no way Tom or Ed could miss that!

Write up/ review is coming along. I'm trying to write down quickly the things that happened on those three days before I actually forget.  :))
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 21, 2019, 05:28

Write up/ review is coming along. I'm trying to write down quickly the things that happened on those three days before I actually forget.  :))

And to this I say, thank god for smart phones! I was able to jot down a few impressions and feelings after the shows (on the way home, or back at home/hotel) while things were still fresh and buzzing in my mind. And even still I can't believe I left some things out that I did (robots, in particular)

Getting back to reality yesterday was brutal!

Still looking for that Snow/Surface/Wide Open video or recording to, um... er... surface.

Found an excellent recording of The Greek Theater on DIME.  Not sure if it was one of you who posted it there. 

Quote from: Shotglass75 on May 21, 2019, 16:57

Still looking for that Snow/Surface/Wide Open video or recording to, um... er... surface.

Found an excellent recording of The Greek Theater on DIME.  Not sure if it was one of you who posted it there.

...again...there was no snow/surface. The visuals for snow were used. That's it.

Nerdy question that only this forum would take notice; are they still playing Terry Riley - A Rainbow in Curved Air, post gig?

Whitenoise brought that up as we were playing board games the next night. He played the entire thing. I was meaning to bug him again for the name and artist.

That said, I don't remember if it was played post gig(s).

Quote from: rynostar on May 21, 2019, 17:36

...again...there was no snow/surface. The visuals for snow were used. That's it.

Must have missed where it was posted.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Now if we could just get them to do it, that would be sumptin' wouldn't it?!?!?!!

I'm new to these forums, is there a place to post my videos from the show?

Right here! But there's no video service on the forum so upload em to Youtube and post the links here.
Never for money, always for love.

I got a few decent ones.

I'll upload the rest later. I was blown away by how intense everything was close up!! It was my third time seeing them and I've never been close enough to see their faces.