And It Feels Like I'm Dreaming

2019 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco May 17th

Started by Bosco, Nov 30, 2018, 01:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Yo

Edit: proceed to next post for proper introduction
Last Edit: Nov 30, 2018, 02:15 by Bosco

Hey yo San Francisco!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I've convinced my mom to to take me (haven't gotten my licence yet)
Definitely going ;D
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Congrats dude!

Be sure to take your Mom out for breakfast/lunch while you're there. Obviously some great cuisine in San Francisco, but there is a modest place on the North West side of San Francisco with a great view of ocean, and easy American fare called Louis'. Perfect place to take your Mom to return the favor. Plus, it's Mothers Day the Sunday before the show, so there's that...

Last Edit: Dec 01, 2018, 22:52 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 01, 2018, 22:28
nd easy American fare called Louis'

Is the website older than the restaurant?
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Dec 01, 2018, 20:46

Definitely going ;D

This sounds like my most recent trip with my family to San Fran...somehow convinced my mother to attend the Young Fathers gig I wanted to go to. She loved it. Couldn't convince my hipster sister though.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Dec 01, 2018, 20:46

Definitely going ;D

That's awesome! My first chems concert I was not very old and was accompanied by my father (who was the one to even introduce them to me) so cherish it and be super thankful!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: kosek on Dec 04, 2018, 14:49

Is the website older than the restaurant?

Still a top 100 search on AltaVista!

Jokes aside, it's just a simple diner with history. Though of the same cuisine, not necessarily trying to attract the Guy Fieri crowd. Local place trying to be local.   
Last Edit: Dec 04, 2018, 21:01 by Bosco

my first chems I was 13..back in 2002 when they still came to canada..
(~_~;)
Eight or over.

might not end up going, but it still feels good to secure a Chemical Brothers ticket again.  8)

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 01, 2018, 22:28

Congrats dude!

Be sure to take your Mom out for breakfast/lunch while you're there. Obviously some great cuisine in San Francisco, but there is a modest place on the North West side of San Francisco with a great view of ocean, and easy American fare called Louis'. Perfect place to take your Mom to return the favor. Plus, it's Mothers Day the Sunday before the show, so there's that...
she used to live about 30 minutes from the bay so she's been there mulitple times, she knows it like the back of her hand compared to me (all I know about SF is the golden gate bridge, Alcatraz (AKA Mob of the dead), and the pyramid building), but I'll be sure to take a look.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I am in..

Happy Birthday to me :D
"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there."

Trying to figure out the logistics of getting to SF. I don't prefer to drive there but looking at the possibility of trains or buses. If I can get a hotel near the fisherman's wharf or the Transbay, then that would be super convenient for me as I can simply walk to the venue on foot since it's close by.

I know it's early but how are you guys and girls getting there?
Any recommendations or ideas?

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Feb 06, 2019, 03:38

Trying to figure out the logistics of getting to SF. I don't prefer to drive there but looking at the possibility of trains or buses. If I can get a hotel near the fisherman's wharf or the Transbay, then that would be super convenient for me as I can simply walk to the venue on foot since it's close by.

I know it's early but how are you guys and girls getting there?
Any recommendations or ideas?

San Francisco is back on the table for me! The hubs and I booked our flight to SF the Friday morning of the show. We are staying at a hotel in Union Square, then flying back to LA quite early the next morning for a family event which I am certain I will look less than refreshed for, hahaha  :D But hey it's Tom and Ed, and I'm not getting any younger!

We originally were planning on just driving up there but there's just no way with our schedule. Plus driving to the city isn't convenient... parking (cost and location) is also another issue to consider as not all hotels have available parking. I say if you can fly and book a hotel, and hoof it or take a Lyft to the show, that might be better. I don't recommend taking the train as you never know when it will be delayed. No opinion about taking a bus since that's not something I've ever looked into.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I would spill any details if I had any. But as of right now, I still don't know if I'm attending.

I do have family in the area, but being that I expect some-type of afterparty (with or without you forum folks) I'm counting on booking myself a room.

I've stayed off of Bush st. close to China town (name of hotel isn't coming to mind) before. I would probably return there, based of familiarity.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Mar 09, 2019, 17:52

which I am certain I will look less than refreshed for, hahaha
but the glint in your eyes!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

just bagged a hotel thats just a 10 min walk from the venue! still working on flights!

hows everyone doing on their research?

Flights research? I booked all mine back in January. Had to plan for the studio so it made sense to lock them down asap.

Accommodation wise. I've been trying not to suck too hard in our games of League of Legends, in the hopes that Senior Poots will have his lovely cushiony couch available for my weary body.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

...and flight out booked for the Sunday morning out of SFO.

this is starting to feel real.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

managed to book a hotel about 2 blocks from the concert before they ran out of reservations. booh yah
Last Edit: Apr 14, 2019, 10:31 by Conn6orsuper117