It Doesn't Matter

Pooter's preposterous, prolonged, preachy post pertaining to appreciation

Started by MadPooter, May 22, 2019, 01:46

Previous topic - Next topic
It's difficult to know where to begin sometimes. Trying to capture the entirety of a sequence of extraordinary events can lead you chasing your own tail. An endless spiral of self-reflection.

But in the end I realized I just wanted to thank each and every one of you... Tom, Ed, Adam, Marcus, Errol, Whirly, Makeskidskill/Toomuchstash, Androidgeoff, Darkstarexodus, Whitenoise, Enjoyed, Biff, Rynostar, Inchemwetrust, Fern, Conn6orsuper117, any of the un-named forum folk who made it to the show we didn't meet up with, and of course the much missed Bosco for helping to create some inertia for the shows... This past week was one of the best in my entire life, seeing the shows at the Shrine, the Greek, and finally at the Bill Graham.

@Tom + Ed: I ended up being blown away by the new album, and the live shows right now are the best I've seen. You two continue to impress me. For decades you've continued to impress me.

@Adam + Marcus: How do you do it? How do you make each visual experience feel like I'm seeing it for the first time all over again? No one comes away from the experience of the live set unscathed. What you did with the visuals this tour exceeded my already-high expectations.

@Errol: Thank you for making us fans feel more connected--I dig that every time I run into you at the shows you're absolutely genuine about having a conversation. And as an FYI - the next time I see you you better have a terrible dad joke ready. I'll be testing you.

@Whirly: No one makes us all feel more loved than you. Our beautiful Chemical matron. Your energy and enthusiasm are felt by all, and I can't believe the countless times you have ushered us crazy kids through the chaos of noise and exuberance.

@Makeskidskill/Toomuchstash: My fellow foodie. My fantastic gay rodeo master. Your sarcasm has the sharpest edge but the most loving soul. Thank you for making sure that we didn't end up having to endure sub-par cuisine--the eats were amazing.

@Androidgeoff: I love you, dude. That's what I have to say. Oh yeah, and I think my nose is still a little raw. I can't wait for our next endeavor. There is so much to look forward to.

@Darkstarexodus: You are one of the sexiest god damn people on the planet. Walking down the streets of LA with you... I almost felt like a celebrity. I can't believe 8 years had passed since the last time we hung out, and it makes me sad it will probably be another 8 years.

@Whitenoise: You are one of the most talented guys I have ever met. From talking to you I cannot believe how much you set your mind to and what you are able to accomplish. Thank you so much for laughing at my entirely-too-immature jokes--I felt privileged to share the same sense of humor as you.

@Enjoyed: You are literally the only Englishman that has ever swept me off my feet. I don't know if I could ever compete with your charm and wit--I am grateful to at least know you're on the west coast and we'll be catching shows both in Portland and SF together.

@Biff: God damnit I miss you brother. I was so glad to see you and so glad you were able to help shuttle people from LA to SF. I can only hope that the future allows us to more frequently hang out--I wish you and your family nothing but the best.

@Rynostar: It was an absolute delight to hang out with you again. You are one of the warmest people I've ever met and I hope you come back to SF in the future. You are always welcome to crash at my place, and if a layover lands you here again you should certainly let me know.

@Inchemwetrust: Every time I get to hang out with you at a show it ends up being a better time. I am absolutely impressed how you continue to maintain such energy and enthusiasm for the music, for fellow fans, and for life in general. Seeing Star Guitar live will never be the same again. Keep the faith brother--you absolutely rock.

@Fern: Did I mention my nose was a little raw? It was awesome to meet someone else who has as much enthusiasm for board games as I do, not to mention help bring the awkwardness. I certainly hope to see you at future shows--dancing with you was an unforgettable experience.

@Conn6orsuper117: I was super happy that we ended up being able to connect with you at the end of the show in SF. Your sign was awesome and I really appreciate you helping to bring the energy to my hometown. Keep it up in the future--we'll see you there. #seewhatididthere

@Bosco: God damnit I miss you amigo. You're not getting away with not coming to a show in the future. I don't care if I have to hire someone to kidnap you, defile you, and bring you to the next show against your will. Oh, I guess we don't need the defiling. Pretend I didn't mention it.

I hope and encourage all of you out there in the far reaches of the world to reach out and connect to one another. Look out for each other.

And remember.

Remember.

No Geography.

defile me?

Honored to be in your thoughts even though I wasn't there. I'm so happy you and everyone else had such a wonderful time. Hope there is many adventures in the future!

THIS!!!! THIS POST!!! WE COULD SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN AND I WILL REMEMBER THIS POST!!!
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

❤️ my MadPooter!

And still laughing at the gay rodeo master comment, hahaha. I love everyone who made the last week's festivities that more festive. It was incredibly awesome to meet up with familiar forum people again and meet those forumites (and their significant others) for the first time after all these years!! What a fabulous meetup!

Forever grateful to the Chems and their entire crew for aligning the stars in our favor so we could share the time we had together. Aaand... I'm crying now, dammit!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

'sniffle'

Ah man Pooter!

Those words of encouragement and wisdom that you spoke to me at Smugglers Cove shook me to the core!
That's why you have ton of friends because you know how to say the right words at the right time, and you know how to comfort and host friends,loved ones, including your chemical family on the forum. Thank you Dr. Awesome!
Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 18:50 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.