Just Get Yourself High

Gym Mixes

Started by Auricle, Feb 15, 2024, 13:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all,

I'm looking for decent mixes to play in the gym.

Ideally high bit rate and upbeat, and not like the awful mainstream dance music that you get when you search on Spotify.

I tend to play lots of Krafty Kuts, LTJ Bukem, Scratch Perverts, DJ Yoda, Freestylers. I'm getting a bit tired of them so I'm looking some new mixes and would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks!

Pendulum's 2005 BBC Essential Mix maybe?

no idea, no idea

I'll throw out some suggestions!

I personally have a Top Rated playlist that I shuffle through when I'm running. But I've also gone for a few big mix runs with the following:

Sasha - Involver
Darren Emerson & Tim Deluxe - Underwater Episode 1
Stanton Warriors - The Stanton Session
Plump DJs - Urban Underground
Plump DJs - FabricLive.08
BT - Rare&Remixed
The Chemical Brothers - Brothers Gonna Work It Out
Anjunadeep - 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 (they're basically all great!)
Finger Lickin' Records - Again, any of them - they're all super good and full of bangers
Hospital Records - Sick Music 2020
Groove Armada - Deep House London Mix #003

And then I also listen to my own mixes because it's obviously full of my favourite music!
Enjoyed Mixes

Last Edit: Feb 15, 2024, 21:11 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Back in December, Pete Tong and Radio 1 did two things to celebrate 30 years of The Essential Mix.

They re-upped a bunch of the best (in their opinion) Essential Mixes from the past three decades under the title Essential Mix 30 and they also created a separate section on the BBC Sounds app & website called Classic Essential Mix with even more 'classic' mixes from the past 30 years.

Most of the 'classic' uploads have expired now, but the Essential Mix 30 still has a few there such as Sasha's 2005 Maida Vale mix and Soulwax's 2017 Essential Mix - the first hour of which went on to become the Soulwax album Essential. But you get 14 tracks in this original mix rather than the 12 that ended up on the album.

A lot of these mixes (as listed in Tongs text in this insta post) are available somewhere on the internet. So maybe they'll provide some inspiration for you.

PS I presume you're already familiar with the FabricLive series of mix CDs which covers some of the names you mentioned. I personally like the Evil Nine, Stantons and Glimmers mixes.

PPS I presume you're also familiar with the Chems Essential mixes from 1995 and 2019.

IT'S MORNING TIME!