Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

Chemical Spotting

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 05, 2015, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Skyscraper on Sep 04, 2017, 12:14

Hey Enjoyed, you managed to edit my post with your comment!! This is very confusing!!

YOU ARE MY PUPPET

No, for real though. I hit the wrong button and had no idea. I'm real sorry!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Hitting buttons here is a big deal, be careful!
Hi Kevin!

Hanna's Quayside Synthesis in BLADE RUNNER 2049 - "2048: Nowhere To Run" Prequel Short Film
Hi Kevin!

Not a real chemical spotting, but Romola Garai (Caroline from the Further visuals) is one of Harvey Weinstein's victims => https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/09/actor-romola-garai-felt-violated-after-harvey-weinstein-encounter
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Explud on Sep 29, 2017, 17:16

Hanna's Quayside Synthesis in BLADE RUNNER 2049 - "2048: Nowhere To Run" Prequel Short Film

I just watched all the shorts, and it happens real quick, but it's there. Great Catch!

Wow! Keen ears, Explud!

From 1:40 to 2:00
Last Edit: Oct 13, 2017, 14:00 by Explud
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Mixmag have done a few of these "evolution" videos recently. Underworld, Daft Punk, Prodigy...
I didn't realise that BITE hit No 1 in the UK album charts. Probably should have noticed that.
(ps: they've clearly taken the HBHG music from the video, complete with talking parts. Which is silly)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

That was hilarious hearing the music from the HBHG video.

Wish they would have played the various tracks from whatever albums they were mentioning.

It looks like some kind of art project. If you follow the #faduuba tag there's loads of quite similar looking music-art books that don't really seem to have any reeeeal connection to the music itself. They look interesting, but it's not like they're incorporating Kate's work into it or any photos of the boys. It just looks like random imagery and interesting typography.
Cool idea though.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 09, 2017, 17:04

It looks like some kind of art project. If you follow the #faduuba tag there's loads of quite similar looking music-art books that don't really seem to have any reeeeal connection to the music itself. They look interesting, but it's not like they're incorporating Kate's work into it or any photos of the boys. It just looks like random imagery and interesting typography.
Cool idea though.
Yep, if I'm not mistaken, diseño means drawing, or something like that?

Galvanized was covered by Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra (around the 29mn mark)

He also covered Massive Attack's Unfinished Sympathy, but Del Naja is not happy with it.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 19, 2017, 13:27

He also covered Massive Attack's Unfinished Sympathy, but Del Naja is not happy with it.
So it seems. Not only that, but the cover of Unfinished Sympathy is not the best. Galvanize is pretty well done though !

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 05, 2017, 20:09

YOU ARE MY PUPPET

You had a perfect opportunity to use Acid children and you blew it X(

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 13, 2017, 17:17

So they asked me to work at my university's commencement

Should've at been my class graduation, or atleast they should've played saturate when the baloons came down.
instead we had some crappy Justin bieber/one E'rection song. at least there was also One republic to finish it off (this one isnt crappy, I like One Republic)
Last Edit: Feb 17, 2018, 04:45 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

The Chemical Brothers Entice Music-Lovers to Spiral Down the Rabbit Hole in Trippy Ad for London's O2!

http://www.adweek.com/agencies/the-chemical-brothers-entice-music-lovers-to-spiral-down-the-rabbit-hole-in-trippy-ad-for-londons-o2-arena/

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Wow. That voice over at the end COMPLETELY undercut the atmosphere built up by EML. Weird choice.

The first drop didn't feel right either. No increase in energy in the visuals.
I like the idea. Mostly well executed, but it could do with some tinkering.

This might be considered cheating b/c it's a fanedit, but I spotted them...

Drive: The Silent Cut

I can't remember which car company it was but they had GO! playing in the background during a super-bowl commercial.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."