Further

Chemical Spotting

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 05, 2015, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
I was watching Farmageddon Shawn the sheep film, and the track out of control played and thought brilliant. shame that the Hanna tv didn't have any chemical brothers tracks but did glue by Bicep.
tom, ed can i meet you? please?

Bango seems to be part of Dirt 5's soundtrack

In Dust We Trust on 6 Music right now
no idea, no idea

I dunno if this counts but I'm listening to lunatic calm and this track sounds suspiciously like it could've inspired out of control

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Sound more like Leave Home on steroids.
Hi Kevin!

Ad for Oculus Quest 2 uses Galvanize.
You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

Quote from: gpro2005 on Oct 10, 2020, 11:08

Ad for Oculus Quest 2 uses Galvanize.

There'a another ad running on TV and YouTube here using Galvanize. Can't remember which one though. I feel like in the past years there's been a big increase in Chems usage in ads... Or is it just an impression?

EDIT: oh right, it's Michelin

Am I crazy to hear the Base 6 intro very faintly in that commercial at 0:13 ?

I def hear it
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 23, 2021, 21:43

Am I crazy to hear the Base 6 intro very faintly in that commercial at 0:13 ?

I remember stumbling across that sound effect/sample(?) before, and I think that sound originates from here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyyrgORcsHU&feature=emb_title

It's from the movie soundtrack 'Forbidden Planet' and the music was composed by Bebe And Louis Barron, who are early pioneers of electronic music using magnetic tape. I posted about it before in one of the old threads.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

NASA is some kind of fan
no idea, no idea

This is probably old news but does this count?

was watching a video on the controversity behind the soundtrack of this series, and I recognize the song the 1st 2 seconds of the track
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Mar 31, 2021, 05:13

This is probably old news but does this count?

was watching a video on the controversity behind the soundtrack of this series, and I recognize the song the 1st 2 seconds of the track
I would rather post that in Covered Chemicals. Or better yet, create a "Plagiarized Chemicals" thread :D

Gonna look silly here but...
Which track has been plagiarized?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

My Elastic Eye.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 01, 2021, 11:13

Gonna look silly here but...

no idea, no idea

The Chems should definitely sue. Well, someone should sue...

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 01, 2021, 09:25

Or better yet, create a "Plagiarized BY THE Chemicals" thread :D
Great idea!
IT'S MORNING TIME!