So We Rollin' With the Chemicals and We Got the New Sound

Chemical Spotting

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 05, 2015, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 11, 2016, 09:15

Yep. Jump back to reply #22 on page 2 of this very thread.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jun 11, 2016, 09:32

Yep. Jump back to reply #22 on page 2 of this very thread.
Ok, csar=stupid --> confirmed. Argh, German (not so) Ultra I guess :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Well the clip you posted wasn't available back then; I'm surprised it's available now actually.
Maybe it will encourage some of ya'll to see it (though it is kind of a spoiler). It's a silly film but it really is better that it's 6.1 IMDB score.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Of all songs "This is Not a Game" has been spammed all night long as the promo for the 2016 NBA draft. If you tune in to ESPN I guarantee you will hear it before the draft is over.

I don't know what to even say...

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 24, 2016, 02:47

I don't know what to even say...
...if you don't have no money... you won't get no honey!
— Aurora (The Seed)

— Aurora (The Seed)

Not technically Chemical Spotting in the traditional sense. This is more a "Chemical Brothers Fan In A Chems T-Shirt" Spotting.  :D

@ around 35 seconds

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 11, 2016, 04:28

Not technically Chemical Spotting in the traditional sense. This is more a "Chemical Brothers Fan In A Chems T-Shirt" Spotting.  :D

@ around 35 seconds

At least he seems like the only clever person in that video

Cross post, but this is worth mentioning here too !

From an interview of Moderat, on their live setup :

There's my little modular system and I stole Szary's Arturia MiniBrute, which I'm using for a few songs. I re-programmed some sounds we used the modular for in the studio. It's nice because you have much more modulation moments. We have one part in Reminder, which we call the 'Chemical Brothers part' as it's full of modulation.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/moderat-on-the-gear-that-powers-their-live-set-641035

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 11, 2016, 04:28

@ around 35 seconds

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 11, 2016, 18:33

Cross post, but this is worth mentioning here too !

From an interview of Moderat, on their live setup :

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/moderat-on-the-gear-that-powers-their-live-set-641035
Ha, I fucking love these two spottings a lot! How nice is it to see others appreciating them as much as we do. Especially that Chems reference by Moderat! It shows how big an influence they have made with what they do and, above all, how they do it!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Sep 22, 2016, 17:52

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/53xtcl/what_perfectly_true_story_of_yours_sounds_like_an/d7xa34j
I wonder which stage of their life that "chemical brothers" is referred to. When they actually already were the Chems or before that when they used to be students.

So maybe Jeanie was right then back when we're were speculating about Surface to Air's lyrics: "Weed helps to make the world a little bit better" :)
Last Edit: Sep 22, 2016, 18:50 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Sitting at a local McDonald's and they're playing Wide Open
no idea, no idea

Star Guitar on 6 Music
no idea, no idea

Sopranos S06E06 from 42:00 min to 44:00 min

Loops Of Fury
no idea, no idea

Why wouldn't you use CHEMICAL on a Sky News promo?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

On the german wannabe know-how tv show "Galileo" they've used K+D+B for a documentation about cordless screwdrivers
no idea, no idea

@6:30 Out of Control/We Are The Night intro sound effect