No Geography

Chemical Spotting

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 05, 2015, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Aug 20, 2018, 03:27

I really wanna know where that "ROCK IT! sumtinsumtin" sample in Chemical beats is.huh. musta missed that, Im there practically on a regular basis

there's a fucking animal in eric's house!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 14, 2018, 16:13

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 14, 2018, 15:38

And the Hold Tight London one.

Mr Biff mentioned this one in 2017 (although his embedded vid is blank now) and I replied blathering on about how royalties probably weren't paid as the song was based on a song by The Doors that had only been played live HERE. Now if The Doors had the Rolling Stones' lawyers...
Remember this and the previous post I linked to (above), which mentions the Electric Kool Aid Acid Test and Ken Kesey's bus ('Further')? In their mid-70's the Ace Of Cups are going to release their first album. Info HERE. This article also mentions Electric Kool Aid Acid Test and the bus. I didn't realise until now that one of the characters in the book was a member of Ace Of Cups.
Last Edit: Aug 27, 2018, 17:23 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Can't remember if I posted this already, but playing jet set radio for the first time since 2005 and heard a familiar riff play several times through this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZIej-ZraE&ab_channel=DaveClassique

Setting sun, anybody?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

You mean the synth drone at 1:43? That's an amazing spot!

Naganuma is known to be a HEAVY sampler so it genuinely could be a Chems sample, and short enough and buried enough to go largely unnoticed. I adore the JSRF soundtrack and listen to it a reasonable amount - especially when bombing down a mountain on a snowboard, it's a fantastic feeling! - but I've never noticed that before.
I've always found a lot of his work on Jet Set similar to the early Finger Lickin' records stuff though, I'm sure there are some shared samples there.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Found this on Reddit

Update: This seems to be a fan-edit and wasn't in the episode.

Last Edit: Oct 17, 2018, 13:18 by LLG

I saw the new Halloween movie yesterday. At a certain point a guy says: "Come with us and let us help you Free yourself" which made me laugh out loud

The devil is in the beats in a television documentary about chocolade
no idea, no idea

Randomly stumbled across these (there's more from the shoot if you look around):

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/stack/615284815?assettype=image&family=creative

Never for money, always for love.

Haha, how great's that?!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 02, 2018, 03:18

Randomly stumbled across these (there's more from the shoot if you look around):

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/stack/615284815?assettype=image&family=creative

I also see the potential inspiration of groove armada's Lovebox artwork (2nd photo, poster on the wall)
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Back with another one of those rip offs of a Nintendo idea

https://www.amazon.com/Pavonidea-Silicone-mold-Robot/dp/B00TQ5C0DK/ref=lp_11107991011_1_1?srs=11107991011&ie=UTF8&qid=1545055779&sr=8-1

Not a direct spotting but... was looking for holiday gifts... You can make your own chemical robot cake now.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Ed Simons on Spotify. Last track listened to: HIA.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 07, 2019, 23:59

Ed Simons on Spotify. Last track listened to: HIA.

But why? He must have all his songs (even the unreleased and behind the couch ones) on every device he owns.
no idea, no idea

Behringer's full size, fully analog SH-101 clone for only $329 is finally available for preorder and look who gets a mention in the listing...

I watched The Butterfly Effect last night with the missus. She had never seen it.
It has not aged well... And, I completely forgot My Elastic Eye is used in that movie!

was watching this you-tuber review a crappy half life 2 mod, and I noticed a familiar sounding track play during the outro. starts at around 12:40

can't tell if its a remix or a sample heavy track
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Song To The Siren on BBC Radio 6 Music (interestingly introduced as The Dust Brothers)
no idea, no idea