Yeah, We Will Live Again

Chemical Spotting

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 05, 2015, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 01, 2021, 12:18

The Chems should definitely sue. Well, someone should sue...

Great idea!
Well, taking a sample and plagiarizing a whole song structure are two different things, right?!?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

^ Well I'm having a bit of fun here.

Incidentally the Dragonball track with it's slightly changed notes actually reminds me of the piano on this track from 1.34. But that might just be me.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

On a similar note, Star Guitar anyone?

Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 02, 2021, 00:35

On a similar note, Star Guitar anyone?

Aside from the claps placement, I don't hear any other similarities

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 02, 2021, 08:57

Aside from the claps placement, I don't hear any other similarities
not? the bassline? some parts of the synth?
no idea, no idea

Does this count? We recently purchased a Cricut machine to do some vinyl cutting, and my wife had the brilliant idea to put the starlings from K+D+B on this glass!

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Apr 02, 2021, 14:54

Does this count? We recently purchased a Cricut machine to do some vinyl cutting, and my wife had the brilliant idea to put the starlings from K+D+B on this glass!
K+D+Beer

First three minutes of this Essential Mix; a nice blend/mashup of Bronson's Foundation and the Chems' GTKO.

Saturate features later on in this Essential mix (but there's nothing fancy about the mixing).

Tracklist here.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

The Chems and Orbital "rubbing shoulders" on this list with Dave Gilmour CBE, Robert Plant CBE and Sir Paul McCartney.
What really struck me was how many musicians have accepted Queens honours. I remember when Mick Jagger was getting his knighthood, Keith Richards ripped into him about it. And TBH, If I were in a rock band, I would probably take Keith's stance. But hey, maybe my Irish background gives me some bias. Irish people tend not to be fans of Royalty or the "class system" etc. If I ever bump into Bob Geldof, I'll be having a word...

https://twitter.com/Tim_Burgess/status/1384450647169413127
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 12, 2019, 19:12

From Aardman who brought you Wallace & Gromit, Chicken Run and (I think) the animation on Robot Chicken, comes...
A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon

At around 52 minutes into the film we get a couple of minutes worth of Out Of Control.
Sounds like the original mix but heavily re-edited. There are calamity/fighting sounds over the top and they may have Re-EQ'd it a bit, but I'm pretty sure it's a film-makers re-edit rather than a Chemical one.

US release date: January 10, 2020. (Is it just me or does 2020 sound like it should be waaay in the future instead of 19 days away?)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 04, 2020, 22:30

This is how OOC appears in the credits of Farmageddon, in case anyone cares.

Soul just won best animated feature at the Oscars. But the above film was also nominated. And the clip they showed featured Out Of Control (Farmageddon remix).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

More Chems spotted on film soundtracks.
Just released on streaming services, a film that takes its title from the opening line of Joy Division's Decades. Here Are The Young Men perhaps unsurprisingly has some good music on the soundtrack. Some indie stuff and some dance stuff.
I guess their choice of Chems track kinda covers both genres.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

0.52 visuals. Cheeky.

Fred Again.. feat. The Blessed Madonna - Marea (We've Lost Dancing)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yesterdays episode of Lauren Laverne's show, House Music starting around 01:04:00, including some Tom & Ed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000x0l8
no idea, no idea

An ad for Zwift (a virtual reality "game" for smart cycling hometrainers) which is currently running in the commercial breaks during Eurosports Tour de France coverage has Go playing as background music.

came across this while looking through instagram. Posting for posterity:

:)) superfans if I recall  ;)

It is. This photo should be forwarded to Zane Lowe in preparation of his next conversation with them.

Wonder if it was taken at Woodstock, since the 2 performed (Most likely not since Limp Bizkit performed the day after)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Apparently, there's a Chemical Brothers dancing squad out there

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Ferrofluid to Gotta Keep On

— Aurora (The Seed)