It Doesn't Matter

'Problem / Question'

Started by UnknownWeaponBattle, Dec 12, 2018, 02:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Lately I was some alive of the Chemicals but I find the song 'Problem / Question' very much, but it has less information than other rare songs that other songs like "Superflash", "Guitar Tuned To D" or the mix "Confront Your Demonds"

But ... Why is there so little information about the song?

I found some theories that was eliminated by a bassline problem

Or that I was going to make an extra theme of Further

Do you know something?

Spoiler
It was a remix/rework of Salmon Dance that was also going to be the original EBW8, but was scrapped because Sammy was hot fire

In reality it is Here Come the Drums level of Chems lore

Most likely we will never hear it

EDIT:

The two vids for people who have never heard this track:

Last Edit: Dec 12, 2018, 19:48 by androidgeoff
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

to add to that, many fans (myself included) believe the track was also reworked as the Animal track that always plays after Out of control with the It Doesn't Matter Acapella (from 2007 to 2016, notably before Saturate) which is why many youtube recordings currently dub it problem:Question.

Only reason why I hold up to the theory is the synths heard in Summercase is congruent to the animal track

from what Is currently known about the whereabouts of the full track is a user on soundcloud played a mega mashup with about 16 seconds of the original draft and is possibly in possession of the full track. I DMed him about him sending me the track in the comments before asking him again via Email.
Spoiler alert as of today, he never responded.
(yes, it was fake blood I DMed, I couldnt remember his name)
Last Edit: Dec 16, 2018, 08:19 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Fake Blood's a professional DJ, who hasn't been active for 2-3 years now... gonna say odds are real low he responds to a Soundcloud message.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 13, 2018, 14:38

You can also here a few seconds of it at 4:44 in that Minimix
https://soundcloud.com/fake-blood/fake-blood-minimix-dec-2008
Wait some people have the studio version?

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Dec 13, 2018, 06:51

to add to that, many fans (myself included) believe the track was also reworked as the Animal track that always plays after Out of control with the It Doesn't Matter Acapella (from 2007 to 2016, notably before Saturate) which is why many youtube recordings currently dub it problem:Question.

Only reason why I hold up to the theory is the synths heard in Summercase is congruent to the animal track
Could you point to a specific live set from these eras where you believe they used a reworked version? Because the live version from 2005 and the DJ set version from 2006 are basically the same with some slight variations (longer intro in 2005). I couldn't find any similarities of that song (or didn't notice it) in any of the sets I own.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: UnknownWeaponBattle on Dec 13, 2018, 18:44

Wait some people have the studio version?

I would put money on Erol Alkan having it

He is so good at keeping secrets, so we will not get it out of him

But he definitely has it.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Dec 14, 2018, 07:15
I would put money on Erol Alkan having it

He is so good at keeping secrets, so we will not get it out of him

But he definitely has it.
What a disgrace it would be great if the chemicals published it as an EP.

I stumbled out of a West London charity shop today with a load of vinyl, mostly old stuff including a couple of white labels. One of them (nothing on the label) sounds uncannily similar to those clips above.

2021 EDIT: This was a devious lie on my part, sorry!
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2021, 18:24 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 14, 2018, 20:52

I stumbled out of a West London charity shop today with a load of vinyl, mostly old stuff including a couple of white labels. One of them (nothing on the label) sounds uncannily similar to those clips above.
What are you waiting for, rip it for us, my man!
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Ed tweeted last week that he went and sold a bunch of vinyls to a shop, including some Chemical rarities.
Could it be it?
https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/1073210471099060224

BRB booking a flight to London

you know what to do
Never for money, always for love.

bruh if he really did just purchased Eds set, wolkenkrabber may actually have the holy grail of rarities. only 1 way to find out.
Quote from: Csar on Dec 13, 2018, 19:46

Could you point to a specific live set from these eras where you believe they used a reworked version? Because the live version from 2005 and the DJ set version from 2006 are basically the same with some slight variations (longer intro in 2005). I couldn't find any similarities of that song (or didn't notice it) in any of the sets I own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAlcBoMCPTg&ab_channel=echoramaeuterpe
basically the transition from Out of control to Saturate (or Star guitar in 07/08)
the synth/Arp pattern is very similar to the Dj set in 2006 (I didnt hear the synths in the 2005 video)
Last Edit: Dec 16, 2018, 08:55 by Conn6orsuper117

Can I get the rip?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Aug 26, 2021, 17:48

Can I get the rip?

Nope. I knew that someone would see Ed's charity shop tweet that day, and sure enough BenJ posted the tweet a couple of posts below me here. I didn't go to any charity shop that day, and especially not the one where Ed dropped off his vinyl. I was clearly in a mischevous mood at the time. Soz! :D
IT'S MORNING TIME!

This was a devious lie on my part, sorry!

Off with your head!
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 26, 2021, 18:30

Nope. I knew that someone would see Ed's charity shop tweet that day, and sure enough BenJ posted the tweet a couple of posts below me here. I didn't go to any charity shop that day, and especially not the one where Ed dropped off his vinyl. I was clearly in a mischevous mood at the time. Soz! :D

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 26, 2021, 18:30

Boi, You better run because we're coming for you