Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

Interviews & Articles

Started by Enjoyed, Jul 07, 2015, 17:35

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know how to say polite about this in an english language, but i can in Russian!

По-моему, она, того..

P.S. Google translate won't help you )))
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 12, 2019, 16:51

https://www.nme.com/news/music/aurora-chemical-brothers-no-geography-collab-forest-story-2537293
Quote from: Explud on Aug 12, 2019, 22:00

I don't know how to say polite about this in an english language, but i can in Russian!

По-моему, она, того..

Haha, oh well. She's adorable but a little oddball too. But maybe that's what's so charming about her. I hope she'll never be ruined/ exploided by the industry or shady figures.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Explud on Aug 12, 2019, 22:00

По-моему, она, того..

IT'S MORNING TIME!

"Then I went to his house and forgot to order a hotel..."

This story just keeps getting more ridiculous. Add the fact that it involved a birthday party for toms' daughter...

What's next?
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Csar on Aug 13, 2019, 09:43

She's adorable but a little oddball too.

Agreed. I will add, she seems like pretty amazing people person. Watching her interact with her fans is pretty special and looks incredibly natural:

(lol, even the goth chicks dig her!)

A meanderingly thorough and amazing interview from 1997 was recently re-shared by The Face digitally, in lieu of a piece on their now cancelled London Design Museum exhibit.

It's the one with the photoshoot where they dressed up as classical composers.

https://theface.com/music/the-chemical-brothers-archive-1997-techno-dig-your-own-hole

Just a few highlights are them judging contemporary songs on whether or not they were "Chemically inspired" (of note Tom talks about writing Bill Drummond concerning 1987 and receiving a white fluffy hat in return), the state of their Orinoco Studio when recording the album, whispers of Ed's university afro, and probably the longest they've ever awkwardly fielded questions about their own drug use in an interview.
Never for money, always for love.

I've seen that center fold photo before, but never really digested it until now. I'm getting Wes Borland vibes from the photoshoot (especially the eyes). I'm starting to think they're closet Limp Bizkit Fans. Remember when they made fun of them last year on Beats 1 retelling old tour stories... usually admire those that you razz... :P

Any artistic significance to the Nosferatu type nails on Tom?

Lesson from this article: Drink with your peers and listen to music.

This one quote right there sums it all up for me about them.

Ed: ​"I think we are. Of all the dance bands. Doing something different. And interesting. We're in this weird position of being in America and being seen as the leaders of the dance music explosion that's happening there when most of the inspiration we've had has come from America, as anyone can hear on the new album. It's ridiculous that they see The Prodigy and the Chemical Brothers as the dance music."

Ah. But you're not denying your importance any more, right?

"It's not important," says Ed, ruining everything. ​"I would never put much import into our music. I think the sound we popularised, which is a big one, is a good thing, but that's about it." The cumbersome shackles of modesty, once again, clamp shut around their conscience. So you blow their trumpets for them, tell them they are epoch-defining artistes, titans of all that is good and vital and visionary. And mean it. And feel like a right berk.

Modest, everyday guys having a huge impact on electronic music while keeping it low-key. I think this has been their unintented receipe for success for all these years. Not having a big ego is a pretty rare breed these days..
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

definitely. i think a big ego about it would have destroyed ed a long time ago..
Eight or over.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 01, 2020, 21:07
probably the longest they've ever awkwardly fielded questions about their own drug use in an interview.

I love the descriptions used for the silence between question and answer "Men land on Mars" :))

Great interview btw, thanks for posting.

I remember reading a French interview a long time ago that someone translated, where one of them talks openly about drugs just to wind the other one up. Wish I could find it now!

Interview from 1996 on MTV 120 minutes
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 21, 2022, 22:29

Interview from 1996 on MTV 120 minutes

Matt Pinfield awesome music interviewer opposed to Kennedy. Unfortunately, Tom and Ed not very talkative in their youth...

Would love to see this done again today.
Last Edit: Oct 23, 2022, 06:13 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 23, 2022, 05:23
Matt Pinfield awesome music interviewer opposed to Kennedy. Unfortunately, Tom and Ed not very talkative in their youth...

Would love to see this done again today.
Agreed, Bosco.

My friend used to videotape 120 Minutes so we could all watch it after a long night out on the weekends. I ended up doing the same for Amp! Ah, to have the energy of a 20-something again!

Also, I never watched that interview with Aurora before. Truthfully, I'm not very familiar with her other than her work on No Geography. She's delightful and kind. I will learn more and investigate her solo work.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Jan 07, 2023, 16:48
Also, I never watched that interview with Aurora before. Truthfully, I'm not very familiar with her other than her work on No Geography. She's delightful and kind. I will learn more and investigate her solo work.
I've come to love quite a bit of her body of work as well as her personality over the last three years. Especially her live performances are great. Maybe we should open a topic, so we can discuss and share recommendations and stuff?
There's also a very interesting, almost surreal, documentary about her, which gave a look into her life showing some of the boon and bane of becoming a signed artist and the commercial and personal pressure that goes along with it. It even got to a point where I had to stop watching because she (and I) seemingly felt uncomfortable with the situations (e.g. people always want to get real close, hugging etc.) and also her producer seemed to be kind of annoying. It made me kind of uneasy watching her discomfort so much so that I haven't even finished it yet.

But if you want to get to know more about Aurora, maybe you would also like to check out the music of one of her previous background vocalists Silja Sol. She had been a staple at her shows with an incredible versatile voice until recently when she decided to focus a bit more on her own music which she had going for years besides her Aurora gig. And it's really good, even a bit more interesting than Aurora's in my opinion, more and more involving electronis sounds over the course of her discography. Definitely worth a listen.
Last Edit: Apr 13, 2023, 22:03 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 07, 2023, 18:26
There's also a very interesting, almost surreal, documentary about her, 
posting trailer, because you have me interested, and the trailer is actually really well done...

Yes, this must be the one. I could bite me in the rear because I can't find it on my pc anymore and I could swear I had it somewhere to go back and finish it sometime later. Rrrr.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Let me know if this has already been posted.

Uhhhhh....I haven't seen this before. It's from the tail end of an interview on "The New Music" which was on the Canadian station MuchMusic. The interviewer is Terry David Mulligan who is a known (not well known) tv/radio host and actor.

The interview looks to be prior their May 8, 1997 show at "The Rage" here in Vancouver which is now called the Plaza of Nations or Harbour Events Centre. It's weird cause, I walk past this spot every few weeks.

Interesting to see a young Adam filming the experience...and then nutting Terry David Mulligan.

Edit: Also found this brief clip from Glastonbury '97 by the same program (The New Music) uploaded by the same user. Sponsored Freestyle Dust wellies...we need them as merch.

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

My gosh, that first (Canadian) video!! Pure chaos, no one gives a duck. Only in the 90s could that have been produced. It's like hovering between discomfort and amusement watching it.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 12, 2023, 23:06
Edit: Also found this brief clip from Glastonbury '97 by the same program (The New Music) uploaded by the same user. Sponsored Freestyle Dust wellies...we need them as merch.

Interesting clip at the end. Got anymore on it / anyone know if its online somewhere. quite like it but cannot quite figure out what song it is haha
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023