I See the Sun Now

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jan 19, 2023, 06:17
Ladies & Gentlemen, Brother & Sisters, (hopefully) Tom & Ed...
It is with Great Pleasure for me to inform you that after years of trying your boy just got his Drivers Licence!!!
Congrats, Connor, I am happy you're finally there! May you be always safe on the crazy US streets and always keep in mind the stupidy of the other drivers around you.
And if it's some kind of comfort to you, it took me 3 times to get my license. The second time was a bit unfair ( I know, I know, everybody can say that) as it was kind of a subjective evaluation of one situation at the very end where I was almost finished. Even my instructor tried to argue with the examiner... Third time went smooth as could be.

Happy driving!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jan 19, 2023, 06:17
Ladies & Gentlemen, Brother & Sisters, (hopefully) Tom & Ed...
It is with Great Pleasure for me to inform you that after years of trying your boy just got his Drivers Licence!!!

Congrats Connor! You are now free to roam! Not sure what car your driving but it's always good to learn to change your oil, changing a tire, and have regular maintenance done. Oh and have jumper cables nearby.

Very happy for you !
Last Edit: Jan 23, 2023, 00:35 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

So has China really been audacious enough to continue to send surveillance craft to North America after their first balloon got shot down a week ago? Or is it:

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Y'all do motor shows differently in America, huh?

https://twitter.com/j37h3r/status/1626075892844838912

Big up Green Velvet/Cajmere
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Happy Pancake Day, UK folk!

And Happy Fat Tuesday to the rest of Europe!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 21, 2023, 21:48
Happy Pancake Day, UK folk!

And Happy Fat Tuesday to the rest of Europe!
You mean I get to have / make Brinner tonight!?! Yes! 

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

We have a large Polish population in Chicago-land area so we have "Paczki Day" in Chicago. Paczki are basically jelly filled or custard filled doughnuts. It's a Polish-American tradition before Ash Wednesday.

I usually don't participate, but I managed to grab a half dozen from a local bakery today.

Paczki. Hmmm. In Germany they are called "Berliner", except if you have to live in Berlin, then you have to call them "Krapfen".
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 22, 2023, 09:53
Paczki. Hmmm. In Germany they are called "Berliner", except if you have to live in Berlin, then you have to call them "Krapfen".
We call them krafne.
People eat them before Ash Wednesday, too.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

In Austria, we call them "Krapfen", too

Please log in to view this attachment.

Yup, those are exactly what they look like.  I had a lemon cream one earlier, it was fantastic.

Oh that sounds delicious, I love everything lemon.
Here in Austria, they are typically filled with apricot jam, but also seen with vanilla or chocolate cream. Sometimes with Powidl, which is a highly controversial jam made from prunes (it's delicious and everyone who disagrees is flat out wrong).
Last Edit: Feb 25, 2023, 22:14 by Stefan

Quote from: Stefan on Feb 24, 2023, 15:58
Oh that sounds deliciouls, I love everything lemon. 
Especially a morning lemon. amirite?

Ишь ты, Масленица!
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 22, 2023, 09:53
In Brazil we call it sonho ("dream"). It can be filled with custard or doce de leite (dulce de leche) and we can easily find it in bakeries any day of the year. 
Just get yourself high.

Haven't spoken on the forum in a while, hello hello! 

Was on my way to Rough Trade East today and I see the Ed Banger Instagram posting that there's gonna be a Ed Banger XX signing and a couple(?) of DJ sets, got work on that day but I'm sure my manager will understand if I request a day off ;p 
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Hope everyone enjoyed Pi(e) Day yesterday.

[Top left - Lemon Vanilla Bean, Top right - Marionberry, Bottom - Chocolate Hazelnut]
dancesoitallkeepsspinning