Feels Like I'm Dreaming

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
It has been common for my students to be like, "Mr. android, the iPad is playing weird music and I cannot get it to stop." the poor children ):
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eating some Borrelnotjes right now. I love the dutch for their food.
no idea, no idea

Just a quick note to say saw Leftfield live and it was intense as Ive heard other people say in the past. The new material stood out really well with the older stuff. No mysterious white walls for visuals unfortunately but the music was great anyway.

Also I've seen heaps of good questions I wanted to ask as well both here on FB for Tom. Wonder how much he'll end up doing and if he regrets doing this now ha.
Last Edit: Feb 24, 2016, 12:41 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I am so desperate to see them again. I had ALMOST (almost, mind) as much fun seeing them at Glastonbury last year as I did loosing it to The Chems.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 24, 2016, 13:02

I am so desperate to see them again. I had ALMOST (almost, mind) as much fun seeing them at Glastonbury last year as I did loosing it to The Chems.

I'm an old fan and was definitely a bucket list moment when I finally got the chance to see them. The crowd was older as expected but some younger ones too which is good to see, so I was about in the middle. Just love seeing that and how it blows their mind rather than stick to whats just really popular at the moment. Neil said we didn't disappoint as a crowd and will be back again which is great. Everyone was so into it and dancing to both the new and the old stuff. Not bad for a Sunday night.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I need to call a doctor, because that video just gave me an erection that's going to last more than four hours.
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2016, 05:40 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

I didn't know where to put this, so I put it here for the Spiritulaized fans.
See the # tag in the tweet for more of these
https://twitter.com/marcushislop/status/704597244058673152

oh this might appeal to Chems fans too

https://twitter.com/marcushislop/status/704680717930860544
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2016, 13:01 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 03, 2016, 17:23

This looks terrible.
It seems you're not the only one. This comment tickled me. (But I didn't make it okaaay?!)
https://twitter.com/nikkimoxxi/status/705446365178900480

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 03, 2016, 12:56

I didn't know where to put this, so I put it here for the Spiritulaized fans.
See the # tag in the tweet for more of these
https://twitter.com/marcushislop/status/704597244058673152

oh this might appeal to Chems fans too

https://twitter.com/marcushislop/status/704680717930860544

Oh my god, I love this!!!

This. This made my week!! Thank you!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Fellow Chems fans - my son is going to be 18 on the 31st of this month! Where has the time gone?

I used to share so much of his life with the old mailing list and on the previous incarnations of the forum. Some of you have practically grown with him, or rather have done so vicariously through me! Obviously I don't share much about him these days because, well... He's his own person who is becoming more independent with each passing moment, and hangs out in other corners of the Internet. He's not a little kid anymore.

Anyway, it's very strange and bittersweet.

Hello, midlife crisis!

I am so happy for Sr. Connorpants that he is turning 18. He has become quite the gentleman.

One thing you should keep in mind is that you have an opportunity to really put focus and emphasis into exploring your own goals. People forget that they yearn for that opportunity, and the coming years may yield something ridiculously awesome and surprising.

Keep your finger on the camera and remember those moments when you were able to be paid while fully expressing yourself, or coming close to it.

And come up to San Francisco more often. <3

Quote from: MadPooter on Mar 05, 2016, 01:00

And come up to San Francisco more often.
but be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
no idea, no idea

My niece just turn 17th this year, and I also can't figure out where did the time go, seems like just yesterday we drove to the hospital to pick her and my sister up... time sure does fly... I actually need to remind myself from time to time that she's a grownup now, and not to think about her as a child!

On another note, do any of you go to classical music concerts? Do you think we take classical music too seriously, as seen in concerts, where people usually behave like they're on funeral?
I find it increasingly difficult to attend concerts like that, where any kind expression of joy derived from music is social no-no.
For example, one can read that during premiere of new symphonies audience often 'interrupted' concert with clapping and cheering, not unlike modern concerts, where we express our enjoyment freely.
Today - not so. Who knows what would greats like Beethoven would think about that?
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: MadPooter on Mar 05, 2016, 01:00

I am so happy for Sr. Connorpants that he is turning 18. He has become quite the gentleman.

One thing you should keep in mind is that you have an opportunity to really put focus and emphasis into exploring your own goals. People forget that they yearn for that opportunity, and the coming years may yield something ridiculously awesome and surprising.

Keep your finger on the camera and remember those moments when you were able to be paid while fully expressing yourself, or coming close to it.

And come up to San Francisco more often. <3

Thanks, Pooter! I would love to head up to San Francisco, it has been so long. It's ridiculous that it has been so long since I've last visited the city! And I'm still doing the photography thing as a hobbyist but haven't had a paid gig in a while. I'm OK with that since I get so much pleasure just from taking photos and it is always good practice!

Quote from: sandelic on Mar 07, 2016, 14:36

My niece just turn 17th this year, and I also can't figure out where did the time go, seems like just yesterday we drove to the hospital to pick her and my sister up... time sure does fly... I actually need to remind myself from time to time that she's a grownup now, and not to think about her as a child!

On another note, do any of you go to classical music concerts? Do you think we take classical music too seriously, as seen in concerts, where people usually behave like they're on funeral?
I find it increasingly difficult to attend concerts like that, where any kind expression of joy derived from music is social no-no.
For example, one can read that during premiere of new symphonies audience often 'interrupted' concert with clapping and cheering, not unlike modern concerts, where we express our enjoyment freely.
Today - not so. Who knows what would greats like Beethoven would think about that?

I've not been to a classical performance in a while but being quiet and still during the performance is the way it has always been. One cannot hear the subtlety of certain instruments as they'd drown in the sound of audience interference. I personally do not find it difficult to be still during performances like this, but it can be weird when looking around and seeing stoic expressions. Now reading during a performance - that's a weird one!

A couple of years ago I saw John Williams (the composer of Star Wars) do his thing with the Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl. Compared to when I was last there to see The Chems (where I lost my voice from you know, fangirling it up and screaming) - it was definitely a different experience! They philharmonic performed other things besides Star Wars theses, but those were definitely the highlight. A lot of people in the audience brought toy light sabers or had glow sticks, and the whole place swung them in unison to the rhythm during the Imperial March. There was no yelling or anything like that during the performance but after each song, people would cheer and stomp their feet and such. Different crowd than the traditionally stuffy orchestra crowd, haha

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Whirly. Concert you describe sounds great, and it has that 'level' of interruption I had in mind when I wrote my little rant.
I saw Cesaria Evora in that hall, where classical music is often played - we call it 'classical music chamber', years ago, and that chamber has such a reputation for being 'serious', that people refused to move from their seats, even when Cesaria herself tried to get people to dance, or at least stand up and sway. Maybe it's the hall itself that freak people out and turn them into expressionless mannequins....
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

So Piku was the name of a rowboat at Tom's paerents place in France.
Hmm, reminds me of Rosebud in Citizen Kane.
Anyway, as you were...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Massive EDM festival organiser SFX goes bust. But who will buy Beatport from them? (please, not Apple!)
Mixmag

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: sandelic on Mar 07, 2016, 14:36

I worked for a symphony for 6 years. It at first was a very different experience to me. Sitting, contemplating, keeping the emotions internal. Eventually, I grew to love the contrast between a dance environment and a symphony environment.

Mind you, I still hate shows in venues where it's set, drilled to the ground, seating where artists play where they're encouraging you to move about. I remember seeing Earth, Wind, and Fire in a venue like this 2 years ago and it felt wrong. I can't move freely in a setting where the options are always kicking the seat one foot in front of me or being crowded in a small aisle.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly