Listen to Your Heart

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Looks really great, Explud, where did you get them?
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Tried to grab something from flickr, that is not so copyrighted.
Hi Kevin!

Yeah, I also like the new style! Is there any way you could provide a link to the original photo?

The time has gone funny again. Current forum time: 15.37, but it's not it's 19.37 (chez moi).

Also, just to be really anoying, I'd like the moving ziggy zaggy lines back. At least for the home page. The pix are nice but the moving artwork was/is unique to this forum and has a nice official vibe about it.

Also if the forum is gonna keep going down, is it time to change this thing so that it's hosted by the Chems? It might save someone some money too.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Those moving lines were freaking me out, I love those big, joyful pictures of CB visual adventures  ;D
Please don't change it! It's perfect!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

@Skyscaper - I will shortly be making an option for users to decide what background or entire visual layout you like best. Background was a quick update thanks to Mr. Explud, we wanted to do it when the first show launched.

Some of these images are taking ages to load, and they're ugly on mobile, so I'll be optimizing them too.
Last Edit: Jul 03, 2016, 16:24 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 03, 2016, 14:59

Yeah, I also like the new style! Is there any way you could provide a link to the original photo?

You can download the wallpaper you're interested quite easily: go to your browser's site information (firefox in my case), then hit "media"and you'll be able to download the image in full size.
Click on the image you like, then right-click to access the context menu. Click "show background" and then you'll get the image. Sometimes the image shown is not the image you saw before since it's a randomized process, I reckon. So you might want to give it some shots until you see your desired picture.

Interesting change, by the way.
Last Edit: Jul 04, 2016, 08:52 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

So I'm here with a few questions about this place and I'm looking to get a few answers. All questions are asked specifically for a friend and definitely not me. What a noob right?

1. How often are people really "on" here on a regular basis? I need to know who to make friends with.
2. Does anybody every use the chat feature? I sat there all by myself for at least 7 minutes before moving on.
3. Who might the head honcho be around here? (Special attention will be paid to said person's posts)
4. What's the general rule on talking about un-chemical brothers related topics? (Recipes, Runescape, etc.)
5. Anything that I really ought to know that I probably don't?

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm dating this forum right now and want to see if it can turn into a long-term thing. Much appreciated, everyone!

Quote from: breakfast on Jul 07, 2016, 06:11

So I'm here with a few questions about this place and I'm looking to get a few answers. All questions are asked specifically for a friend and definitely not me. What a noob right?

1. How often are people really "on" here on a regular basis? I need to know who to make friends with.
2. Does anybody every use the chat feature? I sat there all by myself for at least 7 minutes before moving on.
3. Who might the head honcho be around here? (Special attention will be paid to said person's posts)
4. What's the general rule on talking about un-chemical brothers related topics? (Recipes, Runescape, etc.)
5. Anything that I really ought to know that I probably don't?

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm dating this forum right now and want to see if it can turn into a long-term thing. Much appreciated, everyone!

1. I think most of us are here daily. There are maybe 20 or 30 people who post regularly I'd say.
2. The chat is mostly used for when there's a new Chems track on radio and we wanna all get together to chat and react to it. Other than that, we rarely use it.
3. Whitenoise and Explud are the two running the forum, then if you mean who posts the most then Whitenoise, Whirlygirl, myself, The Pumisher, Explud, Sandelic... Just look at this topic for a few days and you'll notice who posts the most ^^
4. You're free to talk about anything you want ! If you don't feel a subject would need it's own topic then the General Bullshit Chat is the place to use :)
5. Love is all you need
Last Edit: Jul 07, 2016, 12:06 by Ben_j

Quote from: Csar on Jul 04, 2016, 08:44

You can download the wallpaper you're interested quite easily: go to your browser's site information (firefox in my case), then hit "media"and you'll be able to download the image in full size.
Click on the image you like, then right-click to access the context menu. Click "show background" and then you'll get the image. Sometimes the image shown is not the image you saw before since it's a randomized process, I reckon. So you might want to give it some shots until you see your desired picture.

Interesting change, by the way.
Hmmm, my browser (Chrome) doesn't offer such an item in the context menu.

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 07, 2016, 18:50

Hmmm, my browser (Chrome) doesn't offer such an item in the context menu.
Hm. I guess I found sort of a workaround to this. Put the following address into your address bar.
http://forum.thechembase.com/Themes/NormalForum/images/background/rotate.php

Then you'll be shown random wallpapers that are available. You can then download them via right-click and "save picture" or something similar that Chrome might offer in its context menu. Mind you, the pictures you download are not always the pictures you see as they keep rotating in the background. It might take you a couple of attempts to capture the right one.
If you don't have a "save picture" option in your context menu, go to "file" in your menu bar and use "save as" and change the output suffix to .jpg. It should do the trick too.

PS: You can also right-click on the picture you see, chose "copy image" from the context menu and paste it in a image processing software like paint or PS. Advantage here is that you actually get what you see.

The images you get thru this workaround seem to have a lower resolution than the ones diplayed here on the website. Maybe that's due to the web player or image container which is used in the background.
Last Edit: Jul 07, 2016, 19:34 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

What the?...
Guys, really, i'm with you, i'm not that guy, from something "Cool Web-Design Company" that holds all the secrets.
Catch the originals in attachment.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Csar on Jul 07, 2016, 19:14

The images you get thru this workaround seem to have a lower resolution than the ones diplayed here on the website. Maybe that's due to the web player or image container which is used in the background.
Optimization. Full HD pictures take time to load. Those are the same pictures used in the background, they're just stretched to a higher resolution because the photos don't look bad stretched.

And see Explud's post :D
Never for money, always for love.

Yep ;)
Damn! I really love how this two pics work for our background:

Hi Kevin!

If it came down to one placeholder for the forum front page, it would be the robot.It's perfect!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

First of all, I LOVE the new look of the forum. It feels... complete and official. And it's awesome.

Second, I successfully blocked a request for my client to pay sanctions. I feel good about that.

I feel bad about the fact that the opposing attorney lied to the court and the court didn't do anything about it. It feels... unjust. I took the time to point it out to the judge in my brief, and it feels like the judge simply didn't care.

I know that's probably not the case, but nonetheless it feels like that's what happened.

My client sucks, too. He probably won't even appreciate the fact that I helped him avoid sanctions. And it was going to be like thousands of dollars, too. ::sigh::

Crossing my fingers that the case settles soon and we can just collect the money and everyone can go their separate ways.

And then I won't have to deal with the inept opposing counsel anymore.

I recently saw the Tonight Show with Obama and heard the the scotus is missing a judge - maybe you should give them your card  ;)
no idea, no idea