Me, You, And Me, Him And Her, And Them Too

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 24, 2015, 01:09

I just had a chiropractor give me like 8  different wrestling moves, including a sleeper hold.

no idea, no idea

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 24, 2015, 01:09

I just had a chiropractor give me like 8  different wrestling moves, including a sleeper hold.  On the ice now!

It'll be so worth it... You should be feeling like a new person by Saturday. I used to go to this chiropractor who specialized in rehabilitation. He worked for a group that worked with people recovering from moderate to severe injuries and part of the service was having deep tissue massage after being snapped, crackled, and popped. The massage wasn't like some day spa dealie, either. It was pretty hardcore lean-into-it-breathe-deep-like-you're-in-labor-ouch-that-fucking-hurts shit. It was painful during the process and the next day was spent being sore as hell, but two days afterward was a total body revelation.

So anywho,  I picked up a new hobby about a year ago after my dad gave me his beast of an old DSLR camera. I quickly found that I enjoy taking photos of architecture. So much so, that if I'm out and about and I don't have my camera, I feel like it's a complete missed opportunity if I happen across a structure when the light outside is perfect, and all I have is my iPhone. More specifically, I like taking pictures of houses. LiKe... Really enjoy taking pictures of houses. If you're friends with me on the facecrack, you'll see me post pictures of houses from time to time. So after all this creeping about and stalking houses taking pictures, I think I may have landed myself a real estate gig! It's mainly for exterior shots only for just -sold/newly listed fliers and personal real estate mailers. Yesterday I was told there are 24 properties to shoot so I'm waiting on addresses and whatnot. I'm really nervous about doing a good job and invoicing my work, etc. but am hoping this is a doorway into something that will eventually bring me out of the current job I've been doing for nearly a decade (which is customer service.)
Last Edit: Sep 24, 2015, 14:56 by whirlygirl
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Good for you Whirls! I've noticed those pics on your facecrack feed , and this whole time I'm thinking ' is Mia moving to a new place'?  I think that you can definitely craft this new passion into a new job. Continue with your stalking the Amityville horror houses in your area. I like those types of houses. The scarrier the better.

@Pum
Ouch! That vid is too traumatizing, especially what I went through yesterday. A little sore now but feeling much better in my neck thank god.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

weekend, off to berlin
no idea, no idea

You should take pictures of Chicago buildings.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok! so  far its been a little slow in the forum. I think Brazil has next on the tour. So while we wait at home base, maybe I would just put in my thoughts on whats been going on with me

Its kind of funny how life can quickly shift in front of you.  I personally have a uphill battle that is so close to its finale! I am definitely getting back to what what I was doing before, which was getting outdoors, and pursue new passions, as well as ignite old ones.  I had to drop some anchors to stop and look around, and see where I was heading, and I admit I almost got lost. But I regained my compass and said adios to some of the things that were just annoying and distracting in my path, as if  I went on some sort of boat sailing and sight-seeing on some beautiful vistas from far away that made me happy, but when i got closer to it and landed, it was actually some fake hollywood backgrounds that you see in those movies. I immediately called it out and said 'That's some BS right there!'

The Chems have somewhat kept me from going overboard, and I laugh by saying that because the last show i went to sort of saved me and pulled me from the abyss of some sorrows and fatigue. I had to reflect plenty of thoughts and just stop fussing about my past bad decisions and mentally push forward day after day.

And so far, big strides and successes were made, old habits were buried, and new ideas were pooping from my brain. I almost drifted away from my own personality, but man, does it feel good to actually see what I am capable of these days.

Looking forward to getting back the bliss and joy that I missed from last years holidays. Very grateful that i'm still on this planet, and laying the smack down on whoever or whatever is trying to take my peace of mind.  8)

Dont let those pirates take control inchem! These wonderful shows are what helps me escape the harsh battles life brings my way.  :)

Sounds like you have had some intense introspection going on, inchemwetrust. I hope the focus leads you to the place you need to be.

I settled a BIG. FUCKING. CASE.

Like, the kind of settlement with six numbers in the amount.

So, okay, it's not huge in the grand scheme of things, but it's a marked achievement for me as a lawyer. And, you know, money, is good. I like money.

@inchem: Glad to read you're getting back on track following your own principles and discarding things in your life that hold you back and drag you down! I guess cleaning out one's closet is something one has to do every once in a while. Rethinking and reconsidering one's life instead of keeping a humdrum routine or letting things pass you don't like or that (gradually) hurt you can be quite reviving. Keep that spirit!

@Pooter: Ha, see, I told you! Clients will beat the path to your golden lawyer's door and bring in the cash! :D Great you finally got to settle an important case and receiving the appropriate rewards for it (as well as professional satisfaction of course). May there be more of these!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Uggh.

I've had a cold the past couple of days and I have to take a deposition tomorrow.

I kind of feel like this.

Recently new case. More landlord/tenant law.

Opposing attorney schedules a trial for the week of Thanksgiving. She makes the motion to schedule the trial like, weeks before Thanksgiving. AS IF WE DON'T HAVE ANY FUCKING PLANS, BITCHFACE.

The opposing attorney won't agree to move the trial date.

My clients are livid. One of my clients has plans to fly out of state to visit his children. So, it's kind of a big deal, and it's really awful that this attorney won't agree to move the trial date a week.

So then I file a motion for summary judgment. The hearing is next Wednesday. For all of you who don't know what that is, it's a motion to the court asking the court to decide the *entire case in your favor*. It's kind of a big deal.

After I file the motion, I serve a copy of the filed papers, as required by law, on the bitchfaceopposing attorney's office, which is closed on Fridays. She has a box at her office to accept documents, though. So the process server (someone whose gets paid to serve papers like this) puts copies of the motion in a sealed, addressed envelope into that box.

She sends me an e-mail telling me that she's going to oppose the motion because it was improperly served on her... because her office was closed...

I'm like, BITCH. CALIFORNIA CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE § 1011(a) AND ITS CORRESPONDING CASE LAW ARE VERY CLEAR ON WHAT TYPE OF SERVICE IS ALLOWED.

You don't get to avoid service on Fridays by closing your fucking office.

And the most hilarious part is that she's asking for a two-day extension to respond to the motion or she will make this other bullshit motion to say that she wasn't served with the motion for summary judgment properly.

If she tries to oppose this hearing on the basis of improper service, I am going to file sanctions. And it feels so. Fucking. Good.

Rarely does the case law fall *squarely* in favor of your client, with the factual circumstances of your client's situation being represented by the case.

But one case from 1887 does just that: "A box 'clearly designated by an attorney as the proper place for the deposit of letters and papers during his [or her] absence from the office' is a "conspicuous place" within the meaning of section 1011.'" January v. Superior Court (1887) 73 Cal. 537, 538.

Bitch can't argue with the California Supreme Court.

Bitch can go suck it.

Hopefully I win the Motion for Summary Judgment! ::sigh:: Not a sure thing, but worth filing. Damnit.
Last Edit: Nov 14, 2015, 18:36 by MadPooter

Bitchface Opposing Attorney?

Hahahah!

If I'm ever needing legal services, I want you to represent! Pooter!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

yesterday by accident watched this movie, and here the familiar note    ;)

51.10 min

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Any infos about this?

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/666795351949602821

Just the Kölsch-remix or something new?
no idea, no idea

Hey guys. I've been forum-AWOL for... it feels like months now! How is everything here? New singles being released? Just remixes? Have they played any shows in South America yet, and is it a Adam/Tom/Ed Triple Chemical Super Slam?

Everything happens so much, especially now. I've recently discovered my university actually has an active Sound Design program (it's well hidden by design it seems), and after a lot of talking-to-the-right people and various enterprising I've managed to start work on a Sound Design minor, which I'm hugely looking forward to.

Relatedly, I'm working on sound design for an sci-fi Oculus Rift game being developed by the Virtual Reality club, with a team of three other guys. One's new to electronic music and listens to downright everything, another is deep into the rabbit hole of IDM, and the last is a guitarist who listens to rock mostly. So, great variety. The game is looking like we'll need mostly SFX and little music, so we're pretty much just noodling around on synthesizers making ridiculous noises at this point. A band might form. We'll see.

I've also got a job working at Elliot Hall of Music, which is massive on campus music hall developed as a slightly larger sister to Radio City Music Hall in New York, and it's awesome. I pretty much just fix seats, replace lightbulbs, and move things around, but I have the opportunity to work on any shows that come in. Most recently I did a full load-in load-out for Hunter Hayes. Was up close and personal with all their gear, lighting, instruments and all, and got to speak with the sound team in great detail (they were very gracious about answering questions). Additionally saw the band playing FIFA on the PS3 in the green room, and saw the last 20 minutes of the show from just offstage. If I were a fan I'd die. I'm starting to think - the girl who got to go literally everywhere backstage for The Chems show at one of the festivals this year and posted the video to Youtube, I now doubt she was some very rich guy's daughter - she was probably the daughter of one of the "roadies" who worked the festival, and got invited along. Everything in that video is what you'd see working a show like that. Soooooo next step is to rigorously petition both Chems management and Purdue management to get Tom and Ed down to Elliot Hall for a show next year... Or heck, with this experience, just go on tour with them.

On top of all that I'm taking about 4 classes where every assignment is project based, so this has been a very time consuming semester.

This Thanksgiving I'll be travelling up to Minnesota to meet my fiancee's extended family. From what I've heard, they're eccentric and of very German decent, so this should be fun. Signed for an apartment last month too... whew.

Great to meet Enjoyed, cool guy to hang out with. Thanks for all the music!

New series of Doctor Who has been ridiculously good, I can't believe it. And I'm pumped for The Expanse to come out this winter, which looks like the best sci-fi show since Battlestar Galactica.

Life is finally starting to quiet down here, a tiny bit, so I'm going to start on a few of those site improvement things I've been loosely talking about... but mostly just catch up with what's been going on here! A lot of orange NEW tags to click on...

Oh yeah. And those gig reviews.  ;D
Last Edit: Nov 22, 2015, 07:00 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Sounds like you've got quite a plan going on, WhiteNoise. I hope everything goes well with said plans. Certainly let your intuition guide you.

I'm looking forward to a bit of a break for Thanksgiving. Last week was one of the most stressful weeks of my life.

Jesus.

In the last month, though, I've settled three cases and picked up a couple more. Two of the settlements were *entirely favorable,* and the other was still pretty good, all things considered.

I do love being a lawyer. But... fuck... the stress, man. Or, more accurately, I get too emotionally involved with my clients' cases. It's a tough line.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Quote from: MadPooter on Nov 04, 2015, 11:11

And, you know, money, is good. I like money.

Congrats on your win poot! Its crazy tough right now (due to the upcoming holiday) Btw, your early stress levels will be considered cakewalks in the future, which evidently you'll be more self-sustaining and develop more perseverance. Just do it and flex that law muscle! 'Bass drop'