Hey Boy

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
I saw this interesting chart on Reddit by a guy named Polyphonic, and I wonder, where would the boys be placed on here?

How hard do you think Tom and Ed rage against the machine.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Enjoyed on Oct 21, 2020, 01:07

My wife and I (mostly my wife) made it onto the news this evening!

Brilliant idea to raise voting awareness Enjoyed! but I definitely believe this could snowball into a bigger idea. The item can fall under 'collectibles', and if so, maybe you can make 'celebrity' pals! You can do Bowie, Prince, MJ, or dare I say...Tom and Ed!

This will definitely benefit you immensely since your reaching out to the community, plus your engaging them to make some business with you/membership!

Your wife did great btw on camera, but next time, I wanna see you do some talking!  :)

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

and just like that, game show royalty... gone.

RIP Alex Trebek

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 08, 2020, 18:05

and just like that, game show royalty... gone.

RIP Alex Trebek

Two figures of Celebrity Jeopardy gone in a week :/

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 21, 2016, 00:37

Is she getting Ready To Uff? Woah...that was ten years ago! WTF?!?

So yesterday there was a 90min (imdb says 90min, maybe the tv station played a shortened version) documentation on german tv about Uffie. Was a bit of a suprise

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6818556/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

And heres the movie if it's ok for you people to see/read german subtitles => CLICK and
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 15, 2020, 11:35

So yesterday there was a 90min (imdb says 90min, maybe the tv station played a shortened version) documentation on german tv about Uffie. Was a bit of a suprise

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6818556/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

And heres the movie if it's ok for you people to see/read german subtitles => CLICK and

Really? That is unusual. Can you recommend it?

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 27, 2020, 16:35

How cute. Is that your atta boy? Or is this your way to get a post-brexit selfie with Frank's Ed?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 15, 2020, 16:53

Can you recommend it?

Don't know. I watched maybe the first 10 - 15 minutes and then went to sleep. But i've downloaded it and will report
no idea, no idea

Apparently Kruder & Dorfmeister have released their debut album  :D  (the K&D DJ Kicks still is my favourite DJ Kicks album)
no idea, no idea

The new K&D isn't a bad listen at all. They certainly maintained their sound.

Still enjoying the new Avalanches.

I'm trying to maintain optimism.

I'm succeeding for the most part, I think.

We just had another earthquake here, not 15 min. ago, 6.3 magnitude
Good Lord, this 2020 is really doing its best to make us as miserable as it can!  :o
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Oh damn! Any major damages?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Unfortunately, yes.
Petrinja (city some 50kn from Zagreb) is badly damaged, and we have many wounded and, so far, 2 dead. Both kids. For fuck's sake...
Zagreb is also damaged, but not as nearly as bad as Petrinja.
Friends tell me that even Graz felt it.
I'm just hoping this is last major disaster this year.

Ah, fuck. This is heartbreaking.
If this was even felt in Graz, it must have been quite the quake. Please, stay safe, friend!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yikes! It's amazing how everyone is being tested at such a perilous time. Best wishes for you and your people, Sandelic!

I've never experienced an earthquake. Here in Northern-Illinois, I'm too far away from a fault line to feel the wrath of one. We've had audible tremors that would have been easily mistaken for atmospheric noise or construction equipment (only finding out through reports, after the fact), but nothing that would catch your attention in the slightest.

That being said, I'm not far off from a Tornado hotbed. As global warming increases and the environment around my area changes, I have a feeling we'll be part of that hotbed soon.
Last Edit: Dec 29, 2020, 20:38 by Bosco

Dear Chemical sisters and brothers!
I wish you happy New Year!
May you be happy, blessed and healthy!
Hugs and kisses to you all!

Happy new year, Chembase. and F 2020
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Happy New Years guys and gals!!!!

2020 managed to break my heart one last time before we hit 12 tonight (although it's been on ice for two months)

https://pitchfork.com/news/mf-doom-dead-at-49/

RIP Doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR2BboZeLEw&list=PLjyAiNZYWkGYdV_OWY3n9nvhfIbKHTCox&index=2

Happy New Year everyone, stay safe and healthy!

Now that it's 2021 I can't wait to get vaccinated against this fucking plague.

Hey guys and girls! Long time no see!

Reflecting back to last March, where for the first time, I was scared as shit for myself and my family, Then the fires broke out later and pushed alot of residents out to the streets with their homes burned to the ground. Then the local protests started for BLM, and those other idiots who broke shit and started looting. Then unemployment skyrocked in numbers in which the EDD website crashed and thousands of claims were unprocessed for those to collect debit cards to pay for their rent,food,wtc. WTF 2020!

But through all of this, I AM EXTREMELY HUMBLED AND LUCKY to still be here alive, to be working, and to still have a place called home.

I had a old lady who I knew come into my workplace last month, and she told me that her husband died of COVID. She got choked up and I just stood there frozen and was lost for words. This was around the same time we got locked down again and outdoor dining was closed. My family didn't come together this Christmas this year as we all stayed home. That hurt me the most because I couldn't see my own mom open the presents she got from her sons and daughters this year. We all did a social-distancing gift exchange drop off at everyones house. It just sucked. And on top of that, work stress was increasing due to the massive call-outs at my job and fending for myself with lack of staff. I cried on Xmas eve because it was that bad.

But...

its petty when its compared to families who lost their jobs or loved ones due to COVID. I know some of you may have someone you know who is going through stuff right now. All I can say is this!

If we can help our own family and friends, then try to challenge yourself to help a complete stranger, or someone you know who needs help or a boost. Check on your neighbor to see if they need anything, or have some giftcards with you for someone who may be hungry, or be that person that can pay for someones groceries at the checkout if the opportunity presents itself. More importantly, have an open ear available. There's always someone in need nearby.

I hope all of you (and your families) here on the forum are ok and in good spirits. If not, I sincerely hope the best for you and send my deepest sympathy and warmth.

Finally, the only way 2021 can be the year we want it to be is to follow the lyrics to WOTD:

Look after your brothers and sisters. They need you. They need each other.

Peace!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.