Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

• Freak Of The Week
  • The Future, I'll See You There
Yeah, tracks not on an album are also underrepresented in my listening habits.
Velodrome is such an amazing track! I bought the digital release (I remember that it was not known initially whether there will be a physical release) and then burned a CD (a fancy one which could even be printed on), complete with a custom insert for a jewel case, just because I wanted the CD in my shelf XD

• Burst Generator
  • K+D+B is godlike
R.I.P. Lou Ottens
no idea, no idea

• Burst Generator
  • K+D+B is godlike
Speaking of her on the Live'21 topic, has anyone listen to Anna-Lynne Williams two cover albums (released under her stage name Lotte Kestner) simply called "Covers" and "Covers vol. 2". Her version of Radioheads 'How to disappear completely' is fantastic.

edit:
speaking about Radiohead covers, Fake Plastic Trees by Arlo Parks & Phoebe Bridgers is also a great listen

« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2021, 11:34 by ThePumisher »  
no idea, no idea

• Giant
  • trying
Radiohead covers you say?

RIP Toots

• Burst Generator
  • K+D+B is godlike

Introducing Ralph, the new spokes-bunny of the global campaign to ban animal testing for cosmetics. #SaveRalph​​ is a powerful stop-motion animation short film produced by Humane Society International, featuring an all-star multinational cast including Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais, Zac Efron, Olivia Munn, Pom Klementieff, Rodrigo Santoro, Tricia Helfer and more.
no idea, no idea

• The ChemBase Team
For the last month and a half, I've never had this many things going on in my life at the same time before. A baby on the way, a new apartment (and the complicated moving that goes with it, including driving a small truck, in Paris, with the stress of having to be quick because there's a curfew at 7PM), I bought my first car, my grandma passed away (good thing from that: we got a big family reunion, something we didn't have in almost two years), and I got vaccinated yesterday. After one year of pretty much doing nothing and staying at home, this is a lot of action. I hope next month will be less agitated and I can just enjoy FFVII Remake Intergrade from my couch, enjoy a beer and a burger on the docks, and finaly go to the cinema and see the bajilion movies that were pushed last year.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 09:09 by Ben_j »  

• Giant
  • trying
I hate to tell you this, but if you think things are gonna calm down once that kid is born, um... well, bless your little heart. :D . On the plus side, you'll have license to Dad bod!

Sounds like you're doing really well, Ben J.

• Swiper
(and the complicated moving that goes with it, including driving a small truck, in Paris, with the stress of having to be quick because there's a curfew at 7PM),

Yikes, I'm familiar with your previous attempt at driving a truck in Paris :D

Btw how do people drive their cars on the Arc de Triomphe roundabout is a mystery to me

Where are you moving? Same district?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 17:25 by kosek »  
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

• The ChemBase Team
I hate to tell you this, but if you think things are gonna calm down once that kid is born, um... well, bless your little heart. :D . On the plus side, you'll have license to Dad bod!

Sounds like you're doing really well, Ben J.
I'm aware of that, but I will have a few months to relax before that :D
Don't tell anyone, but I already have a dad bod :-[

Yikes, I'm familiar with your previous attempt at driving a truck in Paris :D

Btw how do people drive their cars on the Arc de Triomphe roundabout is a mystery to me

Where are you moving? Same district?
Haha, I didn't remember telling you about that :D It went much smoother this time around, and it gave me confidence for picking up the car the next day.
I'm not going anywhere near the Arc de Triomphe with my car, I'll mostly use it to drive away from Paris, for holidays or weekends, or going to Ikea or Disneyland.
I moved to another arrondissement(14th), that is next to the one where I was before (13th). It's 30mn away with public transportation. I like my old neighboorhood more, but the flat is much better now (bigger, with a balcony, a huge fridge, in a more recent building so I don't hear my neighboors)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 20:14 by Ben_j »  

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!