For That Beautiful Feeling

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
So.

I moved to America. I'm living down in Whittier, CA staying with my fiancée's brother before we get our shit together and find a real place to live - could be nearby in southern California or maybe back up to Portland where she used to live.

It was weird and sad leaving my family & friends behind in England and there's a lot of things that are going to take a while to get fully used to but I'm very excited to be here. It's nice being the only person in the country who knows how to drive properly (blinkers people, use them!) and the ability to go to Wendy's whenever I damn well want... Pretty incredible.
Oh, and I get to spend every waking minute with the love of my life, which is a solid reason for how happy I am right now...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Dude. I'll hit you up the next time I pass through Southern California.

And I believe I need to send you an RSVP.

Welcome to SoCal Enjoyed! Your about 30 minutes from where I live. I'm down for a meet up for a lunch, dinner, etc.

Alot of the forumites live in California, so now you have an extended family.(maybe a giant forum meetup when your settled in!)

Plus,you gotta show me you chems collection!  ;D

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 23, 2017, 01:07

So.

I moved to America. I'm living down in Whittier, CA staying with my fiancée's brother before we get our shit together and find a real place to live - could be nearby in southern California or maybe back up to Portland where she used to live.

It was weird and sad leaving my family & friends behind in England and there's a lot of things that are going to take a while to get fully used to but I'm very excited to be here. It's nice being the only person in the country who knows how to drive properly (blinkers people, use them!) and the ability to go to Wendy's whenever I damn well want... Pretty incredible.
Oh, and I get to spend every waking minute with the love of my life, which is a solid reason for how happy I am right now...

Man, I can't say how happy I am for ya! And a little jealous ;) Find a nice place there!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 23, 2017, 19:03

Welcome to SoCal Enjoyed! Your about 30 minutes from where I live. I'm down for a meet up for a lunch, dinner, etc.

Alot of the forumites live in California, so now you have an extended family.(maybe a giant forum meetup when your settled in!)

I'm definitely down! Might have to be after the wedding though as we are running out of time to do what seems like an ever growing list of things!

And I've unfortunately left my collection back in England for the time being. I'll be starting again when my Beaucoup Fish Super Deluxe boxset arrives next week and I find some time to head to Amoeba.
Everything else will makes its way over when we've properly settled down!

the ability to go to Wendy's whenever I damn well want
Now that's what makes life worth living.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 24, 2017, 18:03

I'm definitely down! Might have to be after the wedding though as we are running out of time to do what seems like an ever growing list of things!
Good luck with this - and if you ever need help, ask! My wife did a fantastic job of planning ours and I'm sure she could offer some valuable advice, especially for a small-ish affair.

When the Chems come back to California, I'm 100% making a road trip out.
Never for money, always for love.

Welcome to the the expat club! Prepare for culture shock...as well as building a brand new, and hopefully, exciting life. It's not always going to be pretty, but it will make you a more rounded human (and that's excluding the unlimited access to Baconators and Frosties). And your moving for someone/something you love, always a plus.

You will obviously have a few fourmies visiting now (including yours truly). I'm intrigued to see how/if your sound progresses now that you'll have the SoCal influence in your back yard (Brainfeeder, Low End Theory).
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

do you know what is worse than having a spider on the wall? looking shortly away and back to the wall - and the spider isn't there anymore.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 06, 2017, 19:04

do you know what is worse than having a spider on the wall? looking shortly away and back to the wall - and the spider isn't there anymore.
You should consider getting one of these if you feel a little sick and sweaty tomorrow morning

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

So.

So.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 23, 2017, 19:03

Quote from: MadPooter on Aug 23, 2017, 06:27

Dude. I'll hit you up the next time I pass through Southern California.

And I believe I need to send you an RSVP.

Hey Enjoyed you are a hope skip and jump away!

And you know, my dudes, let's all try to meet up sometime! I do see It would be so great to reconnect at a show or something!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Sep 08, 2017, 13:28

And you know, my dudes, let's all try to meet up sometime! I do see It would be so great to reconnect at a show or something!

I know! I may even be staying in Fullerton for a short while, which is even closer!

I've been waiting for the Chems to announce an DJ set in LA but I don't what the likelihood of that happening is. We may have to settle for a non Chems show to meet up at. Suggestions welcome!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 08, 2017, 19:36

I know! I may even be staying in Fullerton for a short while, which is even closer!

I've been waiting for the Chems to announce an DJ set in LA but I don't what the likelihood of that happening is. We may have to settle for a non Chems show to meet up at. Suggestions welcome!

I'd love for that to happen. Since my husband and I are now empty nesters (and we're trying to find our groove in this uncharted period in our lives), we hope to get out a bit more. If you don't mind meeting up with a couple of old farts for a bit at a show or something, haha!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Sep 08, 2017, 13:28

I wanted to go to the US again this year but don't think will happen at this point. Maybe next year. I definitely want to go California this time even if I don't go back to NY again. All you guys seem to be on that side of the country.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

West Coast : Best Coast

+ Chicago.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 28, 2017, 07:23

rip hugh

my birthday bud along with Jenna Jameson (still alive). RIP

and I extend that RIP to music legends Charles Bradley, Tom Petty,the victims in Las Vegas, and the continual shit storm of tragedies that keep crashing in.

This world feels like shit

It's oddly apocalyptic in San Francisco right now....

Quote from: MadPooter on Oct 12, 2017, 22:25

It's oddly apocalyptic in San Francisco right now....
Huh? What? Oh Fires. Nasty business.

Elsewhere it looks like Lily Allen's choice of GIFs may have been influenced by her old squeeze.
https://twitter.com/lilyallen/status/918598349393100800
Last Edit: Oct 12, 2017, 23:50 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Got married didn't I.

Ate too much In-N-Out and Blue Star Donuts didn't I.

Moved to Portland didn't I.

Pre-ordered Mario Odyssey didn't I.

Oh crap. You're in Portland now? Damnit.