Ohm Sweet Ohm

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 12, 2015, 01:00

This is why I spend more time on here than I do going 'out'.
Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015, 08:33 by Csar
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Bored at work! Sleepy too!
I kind of lost my 'get up and go' In the last year.  I'm gonna try juicing and see If it helps.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 13, 2015, 21:46

Bored at work! Sleepy too!
I kind of lost my 'get up and go' In the last year.  I'm gonna try juicing and see If it helps.

Go running. Everything is better after a run.

I just found out that this forum is much more mobile friendly than the old one!
Good job, folks!
What would we do without you?  ;)
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 13, 2015, 21:55

Go running. Everything is better after a run.

I'm waiting for a doctors clearance so I can run again. Damn vertigo is hard to shake off. I can do weights so far, but I'm somewhat limited to physical activity. (Except chem bros concerts)
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 19, 2015, 01:39

I'm waiting for a doctors clearance so I can run again. Damn vertigo is hard to shake off. I can do weights so far, but I'm somewhat limited to physical activity. (Except chem bros concerts)

Sorry to hear that man. I hope the clearance comes soon.
I've buggered my knee from dancing for 5 days straight at Glastonbury so I'm a lot more limited than I'd like to be.

Definitely gonna go for a BITE run when the album comes though.

Quote from: KNE on Jul 19, 2015, 21:46

Now why on earth would i need these Promotional Earplugs:-\
Well, the answer is rather easy: You'll need those in order to be able to attend a chems live set when you turn 70. At that age, ear plugs could easily become mandatory. But instead of missing out on a future show at the age of 70, you plug two of these in an Go!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

LOL earplugs. The chems fan base demographic is not 70 though! Probably made for the parents and the neighbors of the die hard chem fans.

I'm heading off on a little European adventure on Thursday.

Hamburg > Copenhagen > Gothenburg > Oslo > Bergen > Tallinn > Turku  > Helsinki

Anyone been to any of those and have any recommendations?

And in other news. There are 2 days left for BITE to be delivered before I leave. Supposedly it was dispatched last Thursday with a delivery estimate of 1-4 days. 4 days is today though and still nothing. I'm getting VERY concerned.

Can someone open topic for games?
I wanna rave about how much I like playing Witcher 3  ;D
Last Edit: Jul 28, 2016, 06:57 by sandelic
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Had a great time at weekend at a friends 40th.  Really had a blinding time with friends (some of which i hadnt seen for some time and it was great to see them all again) . The evening flew by and I somehow managed to go without sleep for 36 hours.  Today i realised that 41 year olds cant do that anymore. well they can but its going to be a tough week!!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 21, 2015, 12:06

Hamburg
Herbertstraße

Gothenburg
Do not go into the mall, it's boring as hell

Helsinki
There's a tram driving through the city which is a bar, but i forgot the name of it.
no idea, no idea

Thanks!

We're doing a bunch of awesome trams and trains. I need to get some playlists ready.

Quote from: sandelic on Jul 21, 2015, 18:08

Can someone open topic for games?
I wanna rave about how much I like playing Withcer 3  ;D

What are you waiting for? Please feel free to start a brand new game topic! :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I was really hoping my 100th post would be a joyous one heralding the arrival of the album just in the nick of time before I leave the country for 18 days. There was so much hope for an early release when I received the 'dispatched' email LAST THURSDAY. But alas. I am going to have to make a tough tough decision now...

Do I wait patiently until August 10th and listen, as I have with every album since Come With Us, in the comfort of my bedroom, reading through the booklet and smiling like an idiot to myself?

OR

Do I find a way to listen to it in headphones while I'm sat on a beautiful train journey in the fjords? And enjoy the memories of the journey every time I listen to the album?

I'm not looking for sympathy, just guidance. Thanks :)

I think you should find a way to listen to it on your phone and stop torturing yourself!

Also, get Star Guitar on there and pretend you're in the video!

Quote from: Mumbo on Jul 23, 2015, 11:55

Also, get Star Guitar on there and pretend you're in the video!

As if that wasn't my plan from birth ;)

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 23, 2015, 11:06

Do I find a way to listen to it in headphones while I'm sat on a beautiful train journey in the fjords? And enjoy the memories of the journey every time I listen to the album?
To be frank, that sounds like a fucking amazing plan.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 23, 2015, 11:06

Get it now. People sometimes die on their travels - imagine if you never heard it! It's legally available to download on itunes/amazon from midnight tonight in the UK if that helps.  You could go for the basic version which is cheaper than a meal at the airport (or on a train). Then you'd still have the bonus tracks to look forward to later.
IT'S MORNING TIME!