For That Beautiful Feeling

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 23, 2015, 11:06

Do I wait patie...

NO!

Do I find a way to listen to it in headphones while I'm sat on a beautiful train journey in the fjords? And enjoy the memories of the journey every time I listen to the album?

Oh hell yes!!

That sounds awesome. It would be a listening experience you'll never forget. How many times will you have the opportunity traveling through fjords listening to new music for the first time?

That's the craziest question I've read all month. And I work in customer service and get asked at least 100 crazy questions a day.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Yeah, go for it! I broke in new Leftfield, Tame Impala's first album, Global Communication's 70-whatever amazing ambient album, and so many other great albums on my travels last month.
Never for money, always for love.

I was really hoping my 100th post would be a joyous one heralding the arrival of the album just in the nick of time before I leave the country for 18 days. There was so much hope for an early release when I received the 'dispatched' email LAST THURSDAY. But alas. I am going to have to make a tough tough decision now...

Do I wait patiently until August 10th and listen, as I have with every album since Come With Us, in the comfort of my bedroom, reading through the booklet and smiling like an idiot to myself?

OR

Do I find a way to listen to it in headphones while I'm sat on a beautiful train journey in the fjords? And enjoy the memories of the journey every time I listen to the album?

I'm not looking for sympathy, just guidance. Thanks :)
I command you to listen to it while you are traveling! If you want memories that will never wither, even if you're getting demented, then you'll want to go for it. I would have gone apeshit, if I had had the opportunity to do so while I stayed in the US 5 years ago.
And when you get home after your trip, you can literally touch your memories swathed in silk-printed fabric-of-awesome.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

It's honestly how I listened to all the music I hold near and dear - on the bus from home to school. The route was such that I was the first to be picked up in the morning and one of the last to be dropped off, so I had an hour to school and a good 40 minutes back. Pop my headphones in and drop out of the moment, 6th-10th grade, it was great.

I found a record store in Hamburg and bought the limited edition CD. Now I can listen in headphones while training through the fjords AND read and touch the booklet.
The fjords isn't until next week though so it may end up being my second (/seventh) listen by then...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 24, 2015, 17:46

I found a record store in Hamburg and bought the limited edition CD. Now I can listen in headphones while training through the fjords AND read and touch the booklet.
The fjords isn't until next week though so it may end up being my second (/seventh) listen by then...
Hope you'll be having a blast blasting this thing on your headphones. The booklet, though, isn't that exciting to be honest and not much to read either. Get the fjords dance!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 23, 2015, 22:55

so I had an hour to school and a good 40 minutes back. Pop my headphones in and drop out of the moment, 6th-10th grade, it was great.

Reminds of the Walkman days. Going from home to school and back was such a minddrift. Always bought sony in ear headphones and only last less than a year due to wire shortage/wear and tear on my routes. Alot of hip hop and some techno and a little bit of rock to carry me thru the semesters. i tried to keep at least 6 cassettes in the backpack but was always crushed by my books.  Warehouse and Tower records were near the mall, so i'd take a bus or get a ride from one of my friends (who had a pair of 12's in his truck) and just ditch a day with NWA or Pharcyde! I think ditching classes were the highlight of years from 10th to 12th grade!

Homeroom was chill too! Sipping Cactus Cooler and Cornnuts while conspiring with schoolmates in which period to bail out.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 27, 2015, 03:37
Reminds of the Walkman days.

I remember a classmate who had a walkman minidisc player on him, while i had to carry a bulky cd player. having the first ipod then was luxury.

Quote from: KNE on Jul 29, 2015, 03:13

I remember a classmate who had a walkman minidisc player on him, while i had to carry a bulky cd player. having the first ipod then was luxury.

Never understood the minidisc imo, but I actually had pants to fit those regular Cd players! Also had those CD album holders because I couldn't leave one disc inside the player the whole day. I remember when i hit the computer lab, I would accidentally leave behind my Cd's in the computer CD trays. Lost a Pearl Jam CD, Fatboy Slim, etc.

Never had a Ipod, but would trade it for all the Cd players I went through.

Last Edit: Jul 30, 2015, 09:28 by inchemwetrust

It seems BITE makes a dent in charts, UK no1, how does it fares overseas?
It's great to see people like new album!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Looks like the album stands at #2 on Billboard's Dance/Electronic Music Album Chart.

Ratatat is #1. Haven't heard their album. I am not a huge fan of theirs.

Hell yes! Haven't see the chems get on billboard for a long time!
I smell grammy nom, and a win too!

Last Edit: Aug 04, 2015, 21:58 by inchemwetrust

A stormtrooper takes a dip

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Driving to LA. Again.

But.

I'm seeing SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO AND JON HOPKINS TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!

Jon Hopkins is such a great collage i luv collage

But honestly that is pretty crazy. Simian Mobile Disco is one of my favorites.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 21, 2015, 09:06

A stormtrooper takes a dip

This is Further worthy!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: MadPooter on Aug 22, 2015, 06:34

Driving to LA. Again.

But.

I'm seeing SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO AND JON HOPKINS TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!

fuck yeah...

Quote from: Csar on Aug 22, 2015, 20:16

This is Further worthy!

Csar, any idea who designed the Further artwork?

Quote from: Mob1 on Aug 23, 2015, 02:11

Csar, any idea who designed the Further artwork?
Adam Smith / Marcus Lyall. With Jenny Godding on the cover (not Romola Garai).

...dude, you have seen the Further Visuals, right?

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 23, 2015, 03:35

Adam Smith / Marcus Lyall. With Jenny Godding on the cover (not Romola Garai).

...dude, you have seen the Further Visuals, right?
Thanks WN
I actually took a break from the chems since the release of Push the Button because of college and right now I'm getting back into the scene...Gotta check all the visuals yet.

BTW, what happened yesterday?
Most Online Ever: 25 (Yesterday at 15:39)
Last Edit: Aug 23, 2015, 04:02 by Mob1