'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't think Super Tuesday was final nail for his campaign.
Media on both sides just leaped at any sign of Biden's success to push Bernie out of the way.
Cynic in me thinks Democrats and Republicans both are mortally afraid Bernie would go after Citizen United, losing them lucrative money dripping from sources that should not, in any way, form any policies.
He's too polite to fight dirty and that actually cost him this election.
Bernie is right politician at the wrong time, and sadly, USA is not ready for that kind of politician.
You know, one with good intentions.
This will only help Trump, and it's now painfully obvious DNC learned nothing, repeating 2016 mistake.
And that is just sad.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 08, 2020, 19:38

Coachella will premiering a documentary on YouTube celebrating 20 years, Friday.

I imagine it will be full of crap (judging by the trailer), but maybe some unsurfaced Chemical Brothers footage might be in there(?).

I'll be watching... If only to relive the desert vibes.

Very minimal Chemical Brothers footage. Their name gets dropped and you can see them on the front page of an old article while discussing the early years of the festival with Paul Tollet.

Some cool clips of performances. The view from The Pixies on the Main Stage (2004) that peers over the crowd with the mountains in the background. Oh man, that is just a magical shot.

Overall, it was a fun watch, but it really gets tied up in self admiration for the 2nd half of the film. Still a really cool festival, just not the same type of quality programing, unfortunately.

I ended up watching the Coachella documentary as well.

I had somewhat the same reaction--it was neat to see the old footage of the SoCal raves and footage of some of the performances over the years, but it was a lot of people self-indulgently trying to make Coachella more than it is.

I think it's safe to say that the founders of Coachella were the first in the U.S. to succeed on a more grand scale the type of "European" festival that folks had been embracing for years across the pond. Other than that it's like, "Yeah, people really do love getting f*cked up and raving to amazing music."

It certainly brought back memories. It made me miss all of you.

And most of all it made me want to f*ckin' party.

Now I'm gonna go f*ckin' drink.

I particularly hate the part where Moby is talking, and they cut from him on the word "provocation" and flash through the eclectic and polar opposites of talent that they've featured throughout the years. Suggesting they're always attempting to challenge your musical tastes. Only, to finally land on Beyonce.

Her booking and the general invasion of Pop artists isn't a test of provocation, it's the maturation of shifting to a less volatile demographic. And not only is it less volatile, it's infinitely more marketable.

Well this is glorious! My computer might be dead. Just straight up out of nowhere wouldn't respond after start up. Usually after 10 seconds, the monitor turns on but now that ( and the light up keyboard and mouse) refuses to display anything, and the fan just goes haywire and spins at full volume. :'(

I cleaned the vents to make sure that it wasn't a dust problem but it still happens
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

PC or laptop? Can you get into your bios? Or doesn't your display show anything at all? Can you isolate which fans go crazy or do you think all of them go at their fullest? 
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 01, 2020, 03:40

Well this is glorious! My computer might be dead. Just straight up out of nowhere wouldn't respond after start up. Usually after 10 seconds, the monitor turns on but now that ( and the light up keyboard and mouse) refuses to display anything, and the fan just goes haywire and spins at full volume. :'(

I cleaned the vents to make sure that it wasn't a dust problem but it still happens

Me too! My laptop no longer recognises my password and then goes back to a dos C prompt kinda thing. Then it says Loading Windows with a white line on a black screen. After about 5 mins the fan goes nuts and the thing switches off. I took it into a fixer place (that was open !!) and await news...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on May 01, 2020, 07:15

PC or laptop? Can you get into your bios? Or doesn't your display show anything at all? Can you isolate which fans go crazy or do you think all of them go at their fullest?
desktop PC, it doesn't display anything, the fan that is going crazy is connected to the power cord (dunno the part's name). As of right now, it blows cool air so it's not overheating.
Probably a stupid idea but I'mma let it run its course for about 10 minutes and if I don't see progress I'll call someone in my town
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Hm. One thing worth trying is replacing the bios battery on your mainboard. Another thing you could try is unpluggin and replugging your graphics card. It sounds like a gpu or driver (not loading) issue because if the mainboard was broken, nothing should run, imo. Sometimes un- and replugging the RAM bars can help too.
Have you connected any other monitor of any kind, like a TV? If so, maybe unplug them too.

Do you get the booting "beep" sound at all, btw?

Do you have any old spare PC where you could test your graphics to rule out any defects on its part?

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 01, 2020, 16:32
the fan that is going crazy is connected to the power cord (dunno the part's name).
Which fan is it exactly, if it's just one of them? Backside, frontside? Usually, fans go on full throttle, when the OS is not yet booted.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hi everybody!

I'm here to diagnose. It seems your PC's have contracted Coronavirus. Please seek your local doctor for Hydroxychloroquine. Proceed to grind pills into powder and add water to make paste. Mash paste into any open ports, and wait 10 minutes before rebooting.

Good Luck, Dr. Nick signing off

Expose your PC to UV light then put some bleach into the CD tray. Should do the trick.
Never for money, always for love.

If it does not beep, it's motherboard, most probably.
If it were graphics card, PC should beep like crazy.
Still, I'm not sure PC even beep anymore...
Btw, are you folk still using CD ROM? In 2020?  :P
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Maybe if you kling to it, it'll klong to you?
no idea, no idea

I sent it in to a computer service a block away from my place, the guy said it's most likely the power supply ( God I wish I was as tech savvy as everyone here). The computer did beep twice as it usually does.

Quote from: Bosco on May 01, 2020, 19:37

Hi everybody!

I'm here to diagnose. It seems your PC's have contracted Coronavirus. Please seek your local doctor for Hydroxychloroquine. Proceed to grind pills into powder and add water to make paste. Mash paste into any open ports, and wait 10 minutes before rebooting.

Good Luck, Dr. Nick signing off
Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 01, 2020, 20:03

Expose your PC to UV light then put some bleach into the CD tray. Should do the trick.
Quote from: ThePumisher on May 01, 2020, 22:36

Maybe if you kling to it, it'll klong to you?
LoL. I'll be sure to take these into consideration next time.

Thank you all for your help. I just hope my hard drive doesn't get formatted like last time, so I can post more recording's to the archive

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 02, 2020, 04:39

I sent it in to a computer service a block away from my place, the guy said it's most likely the power supply ( God I wish I was as tech savvy as everyone here). The computer did beep twice as it usually does.
LoL. I'll be sure to take these into consideration next time.

Thank you all for your help. I just hope my hard drive doesn't get formatted like last time, so I can post more recording's to the archive
If you can, get yourself a portable harddrive or a secondary HDD for your desktop pc to store your important data safely in multiple places. If you don't have already, also divide your primary hdd into at least two partition.  That way, your OS partition is separated from important data and can be formatted/ overwritten without losing anything dear to you.
My PC gave me the finger multiple times last month and I had to restore lots of data and stuff. This method (which I had to learn the hard way over the years) saved my heini.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 02, 2020, 07:18

If you can, get yourself a portable harddrive or a secondary HDD for your desktop pc to store your important data safely in multiple places. If you don't have already, also divide your primary hdd into at least two partition.  That way, your OS partition is separated from important data and can be formatted/ overwritten without losing anything dear to you.
My PC gave me the finger multiple times last month and I had to restore lots of data and stuff. This method (which I had to learn the hard way over the years) saved my heini.

Quote from: sandelic on May 01, 2020, 20:06

If it does not beep, it's motherboard, most probably.
If it were graphics card, PC should beep like crazy.
Still, I'm not sure PC even beep anymore...
Btw, are you folk still using CD ROM? In 2020?  :P
***shyly raises his hand***
Well, you know, my PC is like 10 years old. But I have dual core, yay!!! And 8 gb of ddr2 ram! Double yay.
— Aurora (The Seed)

the guy said it's most likely the power supply
any idea what new power supply you build in? if you don't have the newest graphics cards and/or the newest cpu you don't need a supply unit with more that 500w, even less would do in my opinion. But if you can raise the extra money i would suggest one that's modular so you can unplug unused wires - this helps to circulate the air in your pc so the chance of overheating is lesser.

The computer did beep twice as it usually does.
Back in the days the beeps when starting your system also let you hear what problems your pc is going through. For example the BIOS beeped a specific sound if it doesn't detect a harddrive, or a different sound when theres a problem with your memory. Or if the grphic card is missing.

Quote from: Csar on May 02, 2020, 07:18

If you don't have already, also divide your primary hdd into at least two partition.  That way, your OS partition is separated from important data and can be formatted/ overwritten without losing anything dear to you.
That won't save you from data loss if your harddrive starts fucking around. On a classic pc i would suggest to just install a second harddrive (it's easy these days to do: buy, plug in the two chords (data & power) and the rest is done by windows, macos or linux). Now you can always do a backup of your data. A bit more complex to do is to train your system to just mirror all data for backup purposes, so it's done by your system automatically once a day, once a week, once a month or just when your system is idle. The crown of backup ideas is setting up a raid-system, here you get the extra bonus to speed up your system a bit (not as much as plug in a ssd for your system instead of a classic hdd) - but this is only recommended if you know what you're doing.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 02, 2020, 15:43

That won't save you from data loss if your harddrive starts fucking around. On a classic pc i would suggest to just install a second harddrive (it's easy these days to do: buy, plug in the two chords (data & power) and the rest is done by windows, macos or linux). Now you can always do a backup of your data. A bit more complex to do is to train your system to just mirror all data for backup purposes, so it's done by your system automatically once a day, once a week, once a month or just when your system is idle. The crown of backup ideas is setting up a raid-system, here you get the extra bonus to speed up your system a bit (not as much as plug in a ssd for your system instead of a classic hdd) - but this is only recommended if you know what you're doing.
Yeah, that's why I recommended a secondary HDD first and only suggested to also partition your primary ;). You'll never be safe 100% but you can at least reduce the risk of data loss and your most precious files in a case like this can easily be restored or accessed that way in an event where you're forced to re-install your OS. When you save your data only in the folders Windows designates by default, like Documents/ Pictures etc., you'll lose everything in case you'd need to re-install your OS (at least if you can't get access to it via a second PC). I had to go through this last month at least three times.

Of course that won't help you if the HDD is corrupted or broken. A raid system is certainly a good thing but I guess for most everyday users a little overkill unless you don't have to save lots of personal files regularly like fotos or videos.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Got back from the computer repair and Its official, my PC is no more.

It turns out there was more damage to both the power supply and the processor. Power supply could've been easily replaced, but the processor is outmoded (my computer was a refurbished 09 era computer)

I do own an external Hard drive and saved a backup from last monday. but damn its depressing. had it since freshman year.

Looking right now for a new one, something to at least run High end games like BO3 or GTA on high graphics. but with my budget right now (-600 USD) its gonna be a while.

thanks for the support guys.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on May 03, 2020, 22:18

Did you inject it with bleach yet?

reminder to self... bleach coupon good until this friday