For That Beautiful Feeling

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
One Love, Inchemwetrust.

Hoping for a more balanced and less stressful year for you and yours.
Last Edit: Jan 02, 2021, 18:41 by Bosco

Hah! Post #1500 on this version of the forums.  8)
no idea, no idea

@inchemwetrust - I hope your year has started to improve. I didn't have the heartache that you did but my family did lose a couple of my extended relatives to covid. I hope you are able to continue to be there for others--thank you for the reminder to look after our brothers and sisters.

Definitely feeling the push of getting rid of the old to make room for the new right now generally. What came to mind as I was sorting through old cases was the buddhist notion of letting go of a hot coal--you immediately feel relief when it drops from your hand.

It felt good to finally pick up the phone and start to let go of the reins.

Phil Spector passed away. He murdered actress Lana Jean Clarkson. He also helped produce some of Music's most influenceable songs/albums, including one of my favorites "All Things Must Pass" by George Harrison.

yesterday went under my radar as it was national treasure Betty White's 99th Birthday, and she doesn't look older than 80, please we must work together to research technology to enhance the life expectancy so Betty white can live 99 more years.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

lol, I approve Conn6or. Though, not so sure she would want to live another 99 years... but cheers to America's Grandma!

And while we're on the topic of honoring old white bitches... shout out to Cloris Leachman. Not her Birthday, just because.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jan 19, 2021, 23:54

yesterday went under my radar as it was national treasure Betty White's 99th Birthday, and she doesn't look older than 80, please we must work together to research technology to enhance the life expectancy so Betty white can live 99 more years.

Did you see this?

A treasure, indeed!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

So, I just bought a music CD and only now remembered that I don't have any computer with a CD drive at home.
The case of the gaming-PC I built last summer doesn't even has space for an optical drive any more.

Quote from: Stefan on Jan 27, 2021, 13:14
So, I just bought a music CD and only now remembered that I don't have any computer with a CD drive at home.
The case of the gaming-PC I built last summer doesn't even has space for an optical drive any more.

:o :( :))

I have to purchase an external drive soon as well...and I don't want to. I feel your pain.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 20, 2021, 07:13

shout out to Cloris Leachman. Not her Birthday, just because.

dang, this was tremendously short-lived...  :'(

RIP

Quote from: satur8 on Jan 27, 2021, 20:22

:o :( :))

I have to purchase an external drive soon as well...and I don't want to. I feel your pain.
I still have my old laptop which has an optical drive at my parent's.
But yes, I'll have to buy an external drive sooner or later. Can't really see myself switching to digital releases only.

Ok, so how many of you own Game Stop stonk?

One of my clients jumped on the bandwagon. I'm infinitely curious to see how it turns out for her.

I did not follow this story thoroughly, but as far as I understand it, some Wall Street hedgefund-snobs are super-duper angry because they basically got beaten at their own game and lost a shit-ton of money?
How sad.

Last Edit: Jan 31, 2021, 14:02 by Stefan

I want to say how much I love the song references under our monikers and how they "level up". It seemed clever enough when the new ChemBase started and we were racing to get to the next badge, but now that we're all spread out, it's a really cool thing to see as one glances through comments.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Thanks for your work Larry Flynt. An American hero in the most unique way.

RIP

If there is any justice left in this universe, Bango will be in Thor Love & Thunder.

I don't often use this site to vent, so severe language warning

Spoiler
my god the rods up the asses, of the people who run my cell service, must have rods up their own asses.
I just got billed $50 for the month, but the problem is I cant use my phone so I'm basically required to give the company free money.
my town had a storm back in JANUARY and its now march and the cell service STILL hasn't been fixed, the only problem is that the service I want to switch to doesn't support the phone I own, and I'm not paying another 200$ to replace a phone I already bought back in November, nor do I have the budget. AND I STILL HAVE TO PAY 50$ A MONTH!!!! even though I got 0 Service to fucking call somebody.

I hope the employees who run my service (kroger Iwireless) suffer lottery addiction and always get 2 of the winning icons but never the 3rd, and I hope their kids REALLY love legos and butterfly hairbeads (to put it least violently).

thank you for listening.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I just noticed that I hadn't listened to Theme For Velodrome for about 7 years. And I even forgot that Tom and Ed have such a track. Because it's not on streaming services that i'm using almost 10 years and it has always been past my playlists for that reason.

Such authentic and awesome tune. Now i remembering why it's not in my collection, it's always was an expensive promo for cd version.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Mar 08, 2021, 19:55

Theme For Velodrome

Such authentic and awesome tune. Now i remembering why it's not in my collection, it's always was an expensive promo for cd version.

Preach!!!

Also, I do happen to have the limited Vinyl. It was expensive, but I figured it would be the most noteworthy thing to add in my collection. A Chemical Brother track and an official 2012 London Olympic licensed pressing limited to 625 copies? Beat that Strictly Limited Edition owners!
Last Edit: Mar 09, 2021, 21:11 by Bosco