Would You Like to Come Inside?

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm sorry about Pizza Hut. It's been quite a while since I've had it--is the dough still fried?

Quote from: MadPooter on Sep 23, 2021, 13:27

I'm sorry about Pizza Hut. It's been quite a while since I've had it--is the dough still fried?

From where I'm at, no they actually bake their dough than fry it.
I have second thoughts about the video, since I had a bad week I made it for shits and giggles.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

What's up? It's just working fine with me.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

My Mom has shared her Sirius XM subscription with me. Let me star by saying, Little Steven Underground Garage is fucking awesome (Steven Van Zandt's show) and I advise you seek it out if you have access. But I admit, I somehow have found myself stuck on Dwight Yoakam's Bakersfield Beat Channel which plays mostly Rockabilly and Honky Tonk Country.

Funny enough, I found out Dwight is pretty obsessed with the band The Byrds and even sights and plays "Eight Miles High" on his show. If you don't remember, Tom and Ed utilized "Eight Miles High" as their call back for their Woodstock 99 set.

Also, Dwight Yoakam loves Beck, and even has been on Dwight's show. Tom and Ed have worked with Beck...

C'mon Brothers it's meant to be, let's break new ground. Let's get Dwight Yoakam to lead on a Honky Tonk Psychedelic Acid House Track.

Country music and electronic music not so far fetched... look at Alabama 3 or Cotton Eye Joe!

LOL
Last Edit: Oct 10, 2021, 06:49 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 10, 2021, 05:45
I somehow have found myself stuck on Dwight Yoakam's Bakersfield Beat Channel which plays mostly Rockabilly and Honky Tonk Country.

👍
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

To add to the bizarre parallels with Dwight Yoakam, I just heard him discuss productions (particularly by The Beatles) using the mellotron. The guy is really into the artistry of producing and recording.

Worst sick day ever! my boss still made me come in when I called in (despite our Hotel CEO saying "If you're sick, stay home"). I had the worst stomach & Headache ever it kept me up all night.
She tells me to stay until my replacement comes in at 10. Replacement shows up, she makes me stay until 11. I finally strip what rooms I can, and she tells me to go back and stay for 30 more minutes.
Lunch Rolls around, and I come to clock out. B: "Leaving?"
Me (with no voice): "Yeah, its 11:30"
B: "and let your team down, if you leave you're really gonna screw us over."
teammate: "Are you kidding? he's got no voice, been puking in the room toilets and he looks like shit, boss, you have to send him home."
B: "Fine, rest well and see you in 2 days, but don't pull this crap again."

I have awesome coworkers. I took Ibuprofen and a well deserved 3 hour nap.

EDIT: at least part 1 of my Halloween costume has arrived
Last Edit: Oct 18, 2021, 03:42 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Dude, your boss sounds like a piece of shit. This is awful.

Quote from: MadPooter on Oct 18, 2021, 11:56

Dude, your boss sounds like a piece of shit. This is awful.
We had the highest staff turnover this summer and (other than Covid and Unemployment)I'm starting to figure out why.

^What Pooter said.

What a horrible demeanor and terrible managment skills. She's certainly not interested in building a team and has an entirely warped image of what leadership means. Bossing you guys around does not build trust or enthusiasm. Plus, she clearly doesn't understand that in not sending you home she could end up in an even worse situation because you might be infectious and more co-workers could get sick.
She either hates her job and wants you guys feel as miserable, or maybe she's stressed out due to the last 1 1/2 years (to give her some benefit of doubt?).

I was surprised, though, that you have collegues who spoke up in front of her. What a rare breed these days.
Last Edit: Oct 19, 2021, 10:09 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Oct 18, 2021, 01:06
Worst sick day ever!

Conn6orsuper117 - That is completely unacceptable behavior and expectations from your employer, and it was unsafe for you, your teammates, and the guests. Based on the story, I'm also pretty sure you're not in a position to report it to anyone that cares or can help. What a nice world the "take this job and shove it" generation has left for the rest of us...
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Oct 18, 2021, 01:06

Worst sick day ever! my boss still made me come in when I called in (despite our Hotel CEO saying "If you're sick, stay home"). I had the worst stomach & Headache ever it kept me up all night.
She tells me to stay until my replacement comes in at 10. Replacement shows up, she makes me stay until 11. I finally strip what rooms I can, and she tells me to go back and stay for 30 more minutes.
Lunch Rolls around, and I come to clock out. B: "Leaving?"
Me (with no voice): "Yeah, its 11:30"
B: "and let your team down, if you leave you're really gonna screw us over."
teammate: "Are you kidding? he's got no voice, been puking in the room toilets and he looks like shit, boss, you have to send him home."
B: "Fine, rest well and see you in 2 days, but don't pull this crap again."

I have awesome coworkers. I took Ibuprofen and a well deserved 3 hour nap.

EDIT: at least part 1 of my Halloween costume has arrived

As a manager and supervisor, your boss is only concerned for himself, and is impervious into being a team player, He's an ass! First off, know your value! and while your still there, shop around for another job that will treat you much better. There's tons of jobs out there with better pay, and you have an advantage. And when you do quit, make sure you document what happened to you when your boss forced you to come in when you were sick and send that shit to corporate, and if any, put that on their social media.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Now that I'm back in the office with a 45+ minute commute both ways, I've started listening to the entire catalog again, chronologically, with albums first and their singles after. I've gotten through to Surrender and am currently on the bonus content. I don't think I've run through the albums back to back in order since shortly after WATN came out, so I'm looking forward to hearing the evolution with the modern stuff.

The last time I did this was with mp3s burned to discs: it's much easier now with streaming, although there are gaps such as Live At The Social, Brothers Gonna Work It Out, some singles, the original vinyl stuff, and so on. I may make an "and also" playlist for myself once I finish with No Geography (and will make sure to also make that chronological).
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Got my first bar complaint today. And for the record, it's bullshit.

An opposing party (a.k.a. a shitty landlord of one of my clients) is a lying, manipulative scumbag who is trying to blame everyone else for his mistakes, and radiates what the ladies call "small dick energy." He decided to lie to the state bar complaint line and say that my law office owed him money tied to a settlement where he was obligated to pay for repairs to my client's unit.

The backstory is that as part of a the settlement agreement my law office managed for my client, the landlord was obligated to make repairs to my client's unit and the building. So the landlord was legally obligated to send a lot of money to my client trust account, which was meant to pay for the repairs. After the repairs were completed, the landlord would receive any remaining money back to him.

Apparently, he is planning on selling the property, and has now actively been refusing to make the repairs he agreed to.

So now he is pretending the repairs have been made, and he is lying to the state bar about it. And he's trying to use the state bar to avoid his obligations under the settlement he agreed to.

I'm trying to quell my urge to beat the shit out of the guy. Not that I would. But that's how I feel.

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend.

Quote from: satur8 on Nov 09, 2021, 18:21
Now that I'm back in the office with a 45+ minute commute both ways, I've started listening to the entire catalog again, chronologically, with albums first and their singles after.

So, I'm continuing along. I'm only on Further because I've found myself listening to all of the albums twice, then going on side quests with the Live At The Social/Brother's Gonna Work It Out/Anti-Nazi/In Glint/Odd Bod mixes, and also tacking on singles with their albums. It's been a lot of fun.

Apple Play actually has a few remixes I don't have in my own collection, which is nice. On the converse,  the cataloging / indexing of metadata is quite sketchy for the Brothers considering Apple Play is such a large platform. There are a lot of mis-categorizations, or missed categorizations.

So, I have to ask, are Push The Button or We Are the Night anyone's favorite albums? For me, I enjoy some songs on both very, very much...SO MUCH... but overall I don't care for the flow of either album. Neither were my favorite back in the day, and most of my favorite tracks (Hold Tight London, Surface To Air, Burst Generator, and more...even Salmon Dance) have become staples of playlists. This is the first time I've listened to both full albums in some time and was hoping to find a greater appreciation. I've discovered that I've missed hearing some great tracks from shelving these two, but overall, I find both albums' flow to be somewhat jarring, especially compared to the first four releases. I've always felt like this was the era where they were trying to get radio hits, and to me, it still feels that way: they are two albums of singles instead of something more cohesive. And of course, this is all just my personal opinion and I know others may strongly disagree. However, as I move on to Further, one of my favorite albums, my opinion on the other two only solidifies.

I don't think they are bad albums: just different, and not every one can be a personal favorite. I'd love to hear opinions from others, especially if this was the era when you discovered the duo. If nothing else, I know this period continued to expand exposure for our boys, so I totally get it.

It's really hard to speak of favorite album, for me, when Brothers are concerned.
It all comes down to mood I'm in.
Sometimes I like to sing along to tracks like The Test, sometimes I just want to enjoy sounds those two geniuses produce, like on Further.

In between those moods, WATN comes in nicely.

While it does not have that, dare I say it, concept album feeling that Further gives off, or even Surrender (?), I sometimes like flow of it that is somewhat fractured, at least to my ears.

First six songs flow quite nicely and are almost like one musical thought (I am aware that, quite possibly, I'm using that expression wrong, but I hope you get the idea).
Then we have Salmon Dance break, almost like Brothers are taking a little break from taking themselves too seriously and then we plunge into another nice flow that culminates with that masterpiece called Battle Scars.
Last two songs are like extended farewell and function really well for closing an album.
I could say almost the same for Push The Button.

That being said, I've never though of songs on those two albums like Brothers are trying to get radio hits, which very well may be - some of my friends that could not get into CB as (relatively) early as I did managed to get into them exactly on Push The Button era, thanks to constant play from mainstream radio stations that Galvanize got (at least here, in Croatia).
So if that's true, mission accomplished, as I see it.

Well, that is really too much words to simply say I don't mind 'somewhat fractured' state those two albums are in.
Sometimes it's easier to listen to them than to Further, for example. I find it extremely hard to stop listening to Further (or to Brothers Gonna Work It Out, or Surrender) when it starts.
Further draws me in really easily (having such a tremendous opening song really helps) and by the end of it I'm having trouble listening to anything else, having had such an experience. Not even to albums I could always listen to, like OK Computer, for example.
So maybe having some 'irregularities' in album flow is a blessing in disguise?

Anyway, my two cents.
Last Edit: Dec 04, 2021, 22:40 by sandelic
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Hm, for me, both WATN and PTB have a really nice flow, of course not like Further, which is flawless, but not any worse than most other Chems albums.
The only real exeption for me is BITE, which feels like a collection of (mostly great) songs.
I usually listen to whole albums and don't bother with creating playlists (which is why I criminally neglect any songs that are not part of any album).

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 05, 2021, 10:15

which is why I criminally neglect any songs that are not part of any album

No Morning Lemon, Power Move, Buzz Tracks, Hot Acid Rhythm, Loops Of Fury, No Need, Nude Night, The Diamond Sky or Not Another Drugstore?  :o

Off with your head!
no idea, no idea