You Are All My Children Now

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm really sorry to hear such bad news, Satur8. Stay strong! At least, the impression I got from your posts about your job was that is was a somewhat toxic, unhealthy and grinding work environment that you now have no longer to endure.
That little bit of Schadenfreude seems warrented, especially when you tried to sound the alarms and noone from the higher-ups bothered to listen or were too stubborn to admit change was needed.
It doesn't help, though, now that you've been let go. It sucks to suffer the consequences mostly caused by others.
On the bright side, though, given the rather good job reports in the US, I believe there'might be good chances for a new position not too long down the road. Fingers crossed!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Thanks, Csar.

I'm almost being TOO picky about my next spot because the experience was so bad, and other opportunities are severely under the pay scale for the work and experience that is required. Essentially, I am not rushing in out of desperation (yet), especially while my head is not 100% together after the last experience. Hopefully I will find that sweet spot before it becomes an issue.

For now, I'm dealing with Unemployment Insurance (what a hassle!), a therapist, recruiters and interviews, and an attorney who is VERY interested in my case, in addition to some home projects I never had the time or energy to complete with the previous gig. So I'm not bored. LOL

EDIT 10/2 - I started a new gig last week with some perks I was not afforded at the last place...and I make a little more now, too. Always forward...
Last Edit: Oct 02, 2022, 13:32 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Todays tragedy is seeing DYOH on vinyl in a shop for a good(ish) price - problem is I'm in another country where I only brought backpacks brimming with things already. Had to leave it :(

Absolutely devastated.  :'(
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Probably too late, but if you can manage another bag, get a record bag with a shoulder strap especially for traveling to areas where you think you might go record shopping.

On the plus side, DYOH will probably be reissued to death. So while that great feeling of coming across it in the wild gonna feel like a missed connection, you'll probably have another chance.

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 01, 2022, 17:42
Probably too late, but if you can manage another bag, get a record bag with a shoulder strap especially for traveling to areas where you think you might go record shopping.

I thought about it and as I actually went back to the hotel I thought of a way to make it fit in my bag (hopefully) without any damages. I still have today morning technically to check back there. EDIT because I just remembered what I was forgetting to take on this trip - forgot my record bag back home when I knew I was going to at least look at vinyls. Banging my head against the wall rn.

And that is a very true point - feel like I just had more złoty than GBP so I could've gotten it there BUT you do raise a good point that it's reissued to death. Was also going to ask this at some point but now is the chance, if anyone has some good record shops that might have Chems in London - please recommend them to me! I've been to a few that had a very poor selection of electronic vinyls or CDs (and I really don't mean that in a horrible way), so it would be good to broaden my horizon of record shops.

Anyway, thanks Bosco for the advice - much appreciated :)

If I wouldn't know any better, I'd think since a few years the Tories and the ÖVP (Austrias center right/radical conservative party) are in an internal competition with each other in who's the biggest clown show posing as a gouvernment.

Is the ChemBase forum blocked from anyone else at work? It seems like a harmless community chat page to me, but my new job deems it as blocked, yet FB and other social sites have open access. Hell, it won't even open from my mobile if I'm on the building wifi.

I don't log in daily, but I do like to lurk through lunchtime some days. It's definitely a corporate setting based on site identifiers: I used to have access to these type of permissions at my last job but am too new here to push for a personal website. Oh well, mobile data plan it is then.

On another note, Happy Friday Chemical Brothers and Sisters!!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Oct 21, 2022, 12:26
Is the ChemBase forum blocked from anyone else at work? It seems like a harmless community chat page to me, but my new job deems it as blocked, yet FB and other social sites have open access. Hell, it won't even open from my mobile if I'm on the building wifi.
Hmm, maybe Internet provider of your company is blocking Russian IP segments?
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Oct 21, 2022, 15:47

Hmm, maybe Internet provider of your company is blocking Russian IP segments?

Maybe. We're an international company so IDK. Not a big deal, it's nothing I will persue. I'm typing this at work right now ;)
(mobile on data)

In any event... You got a new job!!!! Congrats, Satur8!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

My first attempt ever to apply any makeup. I probably Got Myself High doing it.
Last Edit: Oct 30, 2022, 20:17 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Whats up with these bats?

no idea, no idea

They have infested our forum for today ;)

You can switch them off if you want in your profile => Modify Profile/ Snowflakes
— Aurora (The Seed)

I love the bat filter! I vote for more seasonal/holiday silhouetted gimmicks.

Nice facial, Csar.:D

Happy Halloween everyone!

Change the forum background photo to a loop of You Are All My Children Now?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Done!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Personally a big fan of these bats, I think they're proper cool  ::)

Klowns + Dust + Bats!!!

That being said I ACTUALLY GOT JUMPSCARED BY THE CLOWN FOR THE FIRST TIME LMAO

and before I realized they were bats I thought someone overlayed the K+D+B starlings over the UI!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...