We Are the Night

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
@Bosco, thanks!
Glad some of you liked the little Halloween shenanigans. Wolkenkrabber's idea with Flatnose's Clown was awesome, hadn't thought of that!

So if there's no rejection of some more seasonal adjustments every now and then, I could give it a go. Ideas are more than welcome!
P.S. If any of you have missed it or want to go back to see the Acid Father again, I have temporarily enabled the option to choose Themes in your profile settings (Look & Layout). If nothing happens, refresh your browser and clear cache (or press ctrl+F5) since Themes are cached.

Last Edit: Nov 02, 2022, 00:31 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

You've got my vote!
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Quote from: Csar on Nov 02, 2022, 00:02

@Bosco, thanks!
Glad some of you liked the little Halloween shenanigans. Wolkenkrabber's idea with Flatnose's Clown was awesome, hadn't thought of that!

So if there's no rejection of some more seasonal adjustments every now and then, I could give it a go. Ideas are more than welcome!
P.S. If any of you have missed it or want to go back to see the Acid Father again, I have temporarily enabled the option to choose Themes in your profile settings (Look & Layout). If nothing happens, refresh your browser and clear cache (or press ctrl+F5) since Themes are cached.

A born in the echoes christmas animation I think would be awesome! or maybe the green laser cone from HBHG functioning as a christmas tree
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I missed the bats but they're awesome.

(I will try to edit the theme later on my desktop.)

And yes, seasonal tweaks are welcome, Csar!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Am happy you guys endorse this geeky stuff :)

Quote from: hstn on Nov 02, 2022, 04:21

A born in the echoes christmas animation I think would be awesome! or maybe the green laser cone from HBHG functioning as a christmas tree

Is there a BITE clip out there that can be used? I'm not an artist or animator by any stretch of the imagination :) The laser as Christmas tree sounds cool.

Here's a cheap Xmas variant of our upcoming new forum theme I put together to get an impression of what it could feel like.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Dude, Csar great touch with the forum!!  ;D You have my vote and I'm excited to see the enhancements you put in place here!

And nice work with the makeup, too!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Thanks, Whirly!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Late to the party, but I think the themes idea is awesome!

Quote from: Csar on Nov 02, 2022, 19:49

Is there a BITE clip out there that can be used? I'm not an artist or animator by any stretch of the imagination :) The laser as Christmas tree sounds cool.

Here's a cheap Xmas variant of our upcoming new forum theme I put together to get an impression of what it could feel like.

Turns out it wasn't an animation!! This was made in 2015 for that Christmas Mix, buuuut there are some promotional animations made for BITE at one point without the Xmas motif

Loving the new theme/icons as well! Will miss sunglasses guy (or as we call him in the discord server, Jerry), but gosh this is so much fun already

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Csar on Nov 02, 2022, 19:49

the hats on the brothers, just chef's kiss :D
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

So no idea where to post this and i don't want to open up a new thread, so...

What's the story behind this Morning Lemon Mashup/Remix? It's been on the Chems Soundcloud for 10 years now

no idea, no idea

Quote from: hstn on Nov 05, 2022, 21:33

Turns out it wasn't an animation!! This was made in 2015 for that Christmas Mix, buuuut there are some promotional animations made for BITE at one point without the Xmas motif
I've found the promos for BITE. In the meantime, I opted for the Christmas laser tree after I had found a decent video with a rather steady capture of it.

Quote from: hstn on Nov 05, 2022, 21:33

Loving the new theme/icons as well! Will miss sunglasses guy (or as we call him in the discord server, Jerry), but gosh this is so much fun already
Thanks! Well, don't worry. Jerry is not gone, it was just me haveing fun playing around with some variations to try something new. At one point, I also had the lunging-out-horse from their 2002 sets. It doesn't need to stay that way. I won't impose my own preference as I consider this a by-fans-for-fans thing. So if you want him back, he'll be back.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Egg Nog Szn!!! One of the most guiltiest of empty calorie beverages!

We are lucky here in Midwest to have a regional dairy (Oberweis) that makes some of the best Egg Nog you can find.

Happy formal Thanksgiving to all my United States peeps, and to my forum peeps around the world. Thankful for this place of nerdy gathering. Amen!

Oh Thanksgiving = Egg Nog? I thought that was a Christmas thing. Well Happy Egg Nog day, Americans.
(Empty calories? Eggs are full of protein and healthy Omega 3 fatty acids!)

Mixmag's social media has decided to throw a 2020 article at me that I missed at the time:

The best basslines in dance music
No Billie Jean? What about the Chems? Are they there?

Incidentally, Dub Be Good To Me is a perfectly acceptable track choice, but it might be worth mentioning that the bassline is originally from a Clash record.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 24, 2022, 15:39

Oh Thanksgiving = Egg Nog? I thought that was a Christmas thing. Well Happy Egg Nog day, Americans.
(Empty calories? Eggs are full of protein and healthy Omega 3 fatty acids!)

Egg Nog highly nutritious just like frozen custard  ;)

Egg Nog still very much a Christmas thing, but it starts becoming widely available at grocery stores over here in early November. Thanksgiving is kinda the kickoff for Christmas parties, even though its own separate Holiday. Not unusual to see Egg Nog at Thanksgiving festivities, at least where I'm from.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 24, 2022, 15:39

Mixmag's social media has decided to throw a 2020 article at me that I missed at the time:

The best basslines in dance music
No Billie Jean? What about the Chems? Are they there?

They're in there (which, I'm guessing you knew but hid strategically as a cheeky click-bait.

Agree with some. But that whole list feels more like a 'remember this song, that has a bassline?'.
I'd argue Fogma from the same album as Superstylin' is a much better bassline.
And, as a Moloko fan, I have never listened to Time Is Now and thought to myself, "Yes, I can't wait for this bassline to take me over!"

Honorable mention should go to Junior Senior - Move Your Feet. Now THAT is a bassline.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Cute list, but it's Thriller (which from a quick scroll they failed to mention).

Find me someone that dislikes Thriller, and I'll point to the most miserable person on earth.

So basically Quincy Jones is king of Basslines

Am i blind or has the unrelesed chemical topic in which i answered today about a specific named song been deleted?
no idea, no idea

Blind be you must

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,1043

Apart from this one, you posted in the Amnesia (fitting?) and Bicep topics today.
— Aurora (The Seed)