Free Yourself

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
I am literally biding my time until I fly back to the states in February for another 3 months.

I'm back at my old job. Teaching Graphics and 3D Architecture this time and teaching myself Illustrator at the same time.

I'm also working my way through Arkham Knight and going for some pretty rubbish runs (compared to what they used to be like).

That's me.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I envy you guys, traveling, even if it's for work, it's (almost) always pleasurable to me
Travel safely  :)
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

What's with all the dead ? Lemmy, Bowie, Alan Rickman, René Angélil (Celine Dion's husband), and in France we also had a famous singer (Michel Delpech) and a famous actor (Michel Galabru), all within two weeks

It is weird, so many dying in just a few weeks... crazy time, for a fan of music, especially

Grizzly Adams has died now as well.
This  might be a bit more niche...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Fuck you 'insert disease here' !
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Oh and Pierre Boulez too ! He was a french composer who worked closely with the IRCAM (Institute for Research and Acoustic/Music Coordination) and one of the pioneers in experimenting with electronic instruments and effects

I had trouble loading forum this morning, was that on my side?

Quote from: sandelic on Jan 20, 2016, 11:46

I had trouble loading forum this morning, was that on my side?

Same here. Around 9am GMT.
Not sure what time it came back exactly. Some time after 10.

Quote from: sandelic on Jan 13, 2016, 16:29

Forum is pretty quiet last few days, am I right in assuming we've been all bummed by Bowie passing?

Truth be told, still in a funk here. :(
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Didn't know whwere to put this. Should we maybe have a Soulwax/2ManyDJs/Despacio thread?
Maybe the Daweles need to put out a new album to merit that...

https://twitter.com/essentialmix/status/692373887619829760

(didn't embed because of emojis.)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 14, 2016, 06:25

I am literally biding my time until I fly back to the states in February for another 3 months.

I'm back at my old job. Teaching Graphics and 3D Architecture this time and teaching myself Illustrator at the same time.

I'm also working my way through Arkham Knight and going for some pretty rubbish runs (compared to what they used to be like).

That's me.

I would be interested in a course like that enjoyed!  Pretty cool way to teach something you love while at the same time enjoying something you love. I Haven't played much of Arkham Knight. Distractions are kind of popping up everywhere.

I'm at my job trying to salvage the remains of some closing stores in our company. Economy is still shaky, and the landlords in California have raised the lease on the properties that were on. So now, these stores and the merchandise that's left in them are coming to my store, and I gotta find the people and the space in where to put it. It's like trying to put a foot in a shoe that's occupied by another foot!

I gotten more therapy for my ongoing neck issue. Results are so slow!  Looking forward to running again  :)

In the meantime Im trying to rise up a dead laptop for a friend. It runs slow! New install of SSD and Win10. Still runs slow!

I'm playing Forza 6 to kill time at home, and I do little Battlefront with family when I visit.

Oh and I barely just hit level 70 on Skyrim. 

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jan 27, 2016, 16:00

Didn't know whwere to put this. Should we maybe have a Soulwax/2ManyDJs/Despacio thread?
Maybe the Daweles need to put out a new album to merit that...

https://twitter.com/essentialmix/status/692373887619829760

(didn't embed because of emojis.)

As a matter of fact, they're releasing an original soundtrack for this movie next month

Fist track :

Sounds like the "regular" Soulwax, and not so much nite version :(

EDIT : I see in the tracklist that they put "Turn Off the Lights" ! They've been playing that track in their live sets for a while

Edit bis : they're saying soundtrack in february, and LP in april... So could it be also a brand new Soulwax LP ? Or nite versions of the soundtrack ?
Last Edit: Jan 27, 2016, 22:57 by Ben_j

Digging 'How Long'. I've missed regular Soulwax.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 27, 2016, 22:58

Digging 'How Long'. I've missed regular Soulwax.
I like it too, it sounds a lot like Any Minute Now. But the thing with Any Minute Now is that I love all of the nite versions of the tracks a ton more :D I'd love a nite version of How Long

Anyone who uses win10 could find this interesting:
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

^As an early adopter of Windows 10, a proponent of it, and someone who wants to love it... I am now building a PC and plan to install 7.  Does that tool stop Win10 from doing automatic update reboots that happen when you, in a sleep deprived stupor, leave your computer on all night as an alarm clock with important documents open, causing you to lose your work and oversleep? Not that that happened to me once. Twice, yeah, but not once.

Also, ADHD is very real, and I can't believe how much the meds are helping me, I'm back on after a while of not having them, and I swear I've gotten more done in the last 24 hrs than I have the past two weeks. Enjoying the increased work ethic and time mangement.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 14, 2016, 19:17

What's with all the dead ? Lemmy, Bowie, Alan Rickman, René Angélil (Celine Dion's husband), and in France we also had a famous singer (Michel Delpech) and a famous actor (Michel Galabru), all within two weeks
Same week, the sister of one of my better high school friends died in a freak car accident just outside my home. She lives in a city an hour away. It's been weird and uncomfortable and surreal. People die, the end, even the ones you know. It hurts.
Last Edit: Feb 02, 2016, 11:44 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

It stops all those pesky little background programs that send info about your computer and your surfing habits to microsoft and also stops automatic updates

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Feb 02, 2016, 11:40

Does that tool stop Win10 from doing automatic update reboots that happen when you, in a sleep deprived stupor, leave your computer on all night as an alarm clock with important documents open, causing you to lose your work and oversleep?
Sometimes all you need to do before leaving your PC is hitting this button =>

And for the question in general, i can choose in the update-settings what to do after downloading an update - so i got asked if i want to restart now or doing it later.
I really like W10 and don't want to get back to any previous Windows version. The only thing i don't understand is, why do i get the 1511-Update on my office-PC, my Surface but not on my gaming-PC?
Last Edit: Feb 02, 2016, 14:59 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea