K+D+B Is Godlike

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
What? Nobody wants to shoot the shit  about random whatever anymore? ;-)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Well well well! Welcome back!

Had a good 4th of July last weekend. Burgers and skyrockets with friends and neighbors. Still doing my usual grind at work tonight. I plan to go back to school in September to get HR certification and expand my skills.

...and my new rap CD hits the streetz this month ya heard! Those chem bros better watch out man cause I'm gonna hit number one on dat chart!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Hey everyone. Oh so how many things have happened that are bullshit-worthy.

So far, we have: My son is staying with me this month. He's 12, and his mom recently became a truck driver. Oh boy. Yeah, that's a thing. So he's been staying with me the past few weeks, and will be here until at least the end of July.

It's interesting going from being a vacation dad to a full-time dad. The difference is quite striking, really. But the best thing is that he loves hanging out with me. I expect this to last another three years or so, then he'll be a cool teenager.

Although, he really likes Pathfinder (Dungeons & Dragons). This means 2 things: 1. I won't have to worry about him having sex anytime soon; and 2. His friends will all be dorky so there's a good chance he won't get into any undue trouble.

Other than that, I have had a recent period of stagnation in my client base. Sad.

Hope everyone is doing well--it's pretty easy to keep the momentum going forward to the Chems shows soon. :)

Haha! Somebody had to come up with this at last :D! I reckon, Jeanie would have said: Bwah!

Inchem: Don't you dare to release your CD around the same time as the chems! They'll be getting chemically imbalanced if they won't sell enough records because of you! (On a more serious note, I smell the need of resurrecting the "Post your music" thread :))

Wow, Pooter. Maybe I'd completely ignored that for years or you never shared the fact that you've been a dad for 12 years?!? Happy to see you happy with your coming-of-age-but-not-yet-in-trouble d&g kiddo!
Hopefully your sort of a drought will change into a flood of affluent clients soon!
Last Edit: Jul 08, 2015, 07:12 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 08, 2015, 07:10

Haha! Somebody had to come up with this at last :D! I reckon, Jeanie would have said: Bwah!
I thought we were waiting for Jeanie to start this thing. Glad we went for part 2 though.

Inchem: Don't you dare to release your CD around the same time as the chems! They'll be getting chemically imbalanced if they won't sell enough records because of you! (On a more serious note, I smell the need of resurrecting the "Post your music" thread :))

I was thinking about this yesterday. We need all those excellent Chems mixes posted again. I might be cheeky and post mine at the same time.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Hello Chicago... Michelle and I are sorry we can't be home with all the house heads in Jackson Park... 8)

Beatport article

IT'S MORNING TIME!

so forums up haha?
Hello and good skills for all involved sorting this.

Quote from: Chops on Jul 08, 2015, 19:37

so forums up haha?
Hello and good skills for all involved sorting this.
Hello again Chops. I feel like I've just been talking to you about DYOH commentaries...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Hi everyone. New forum looks great!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 08, 2015, 19:43

Hello again Chops. I feel like I've just been talking to you about DYOH commentaries...

YYEah, i listened to that the other day again and he knew all the kit, sounds and all that and Ed talked in terms of vibes or feel or things they wanted it to sound like, "blackburn rave moments" for examples

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

I thought it was Jeannies job to create this topic, because she did on the old forums, but haven't seen her around here.

edit:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
ok  :-[
no idea, no idea

Quote from: TheChemBase on Jul 08, 2015, 20:10

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Yay! I'm chuffed we have this in operation. Would have saved us from the battle to link to the forum on Facebook just now.

Quote from: MadPooter on Jul 08, 2015, 05:34

It's interesting going from being a vacation dad to a full-time dad. The difference is quite striking, really. But the best thing is that he loves hanging out with me. I expect this to last another three years or so, then he'll be a cool teenager.

Other than that, I have had a recent period of stagnation in my client base. Sad.

Look at your consistent previous successes. The floodgates will open before your show in SF! 

Inchem: Don't you dare to release your CD around the same time as the chems! They'll be getting chemically imbalanced if they won't sell enough records because of you!

Too late! I dropped it last night on my block. and peeps are snatching it faster than 2 dollar tacos. so far I made 31 bucks. Hold up..my man is on my celly! Check it...we SOLD OUT out all copies! Word! Now for expenses,let's see....promoter..9 bucks, producer and studio time in the bathroom...12 bucks, clothing (gotta look fly) 4 dollars, and my ladies...4 bucks cause I hooked them up with some dollar menu items at Mcdonalds yo! That leaves me with.....2 dollars???? Damn You Chemicals!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 08, 2015, 08:52

I thought we were waiting for Jeanie to start this thing. Glad we went for part 2 though.

where is she anyway?
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

We got some rejected 90's rappers up in hurr! whaat uppp my peeps

Madpooter I didn't know you were a dad. I was shooting shit with you just cuz I thought you were a younger dude, like recently law school graduate. Damn. Ma bad dawg...dad I mean haha

Quote from: chemreact on Jul 08, 2015, 20:54
Madpooter I didn't know you were a dad. I was shooting shit with you just cuz I thought you were a younger dude, like recently law school graduate. Damn. Ma bad dawg...dad I mean haha

Oh, you can still shoot shit with me in here. ;)

Fun fact: My son has been alive longer than I have been a member of the Chemical Brothers Forum. But not by very long.

I just talked to his mom today... There's talk of divorce between her and his step-dad. So, he may be staying up here with me for good. Probably for the best, all things considered.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 08, 2015, 08:52

I thought we were waiting for Jeanie to start this thing.
And iggy for starting the "oh my god thats the funny shit" topic
no idea, no idea

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.
The devil is in the details

Quote from: Bendy1001 on Jul 10, 2015, 21:52

Sometimes, I dream about cheese.
Cheese. Hmm, I believe that's Glako-Fahn's métier fo sho! Glako? You here? It's cheese time!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This is the place for drunk posts, right?

I requested Return of The Mack twice tonight. As did my friend. I still haven't heard it.
Night ruined.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 12, 2015, 00:14

I requested Return of The Mack twice tonight.

Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015, 08:33 by Csar
no idea, no idea