How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

Post Your Music (pt 2)

Started by Enjoyed, Jul 08, 2015, 09:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Love it, man! My only complaints are with mixing and mastering, and seeing as it's a demo it's not fair to criticize that.

I'd say you really have a song going. IMO to add more to the song expand on parts that are less melodious - I don't mean harsh, but more groovy without a many-note melody like the one that currently runs the whole way through. If you listen to a lot of Chemical Brothers songs they're deceptively simple with how few notes they use. Trade back and forth "groove" parts and breaks with the melodious stuff you have going on, you'll have a tune.
Never for money, always for love.

Hey, thank you for listening! I'm currently expanding the song, and I agree, there should be some more not melodic parts and such. I will post the track here when everything is finished.

Hey! So I've just finished my first DJ mix in ages, and this time it happens to be an all-Chems mix. Give it a listen, take your minds off world affairs for an hour!

Synthetic Type (listen / download)

No tracklist (you guys know the songs). I'll post about the inspiration behind the mix later - all I can say is I'm really happy with it.
Last Edit: Nov 11, 2016, 09:29 by WhiteNoise

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 11, 2016, 09:16

Hey! So I've just finished my first DJ mix in ages, and this time it happens to be an all-Chems mix. Give it a listen, take your minds off world affairs for an hour!

No tracklist (you guys know the songs). I'll post about the inspiration behind the mix later - all I can say is I'm really happy with it.

Nice one! Playing it right now!  :music

Nice mix. Very interesting transitions and flow (and you know I dig the tracklist).
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I'll post about the inspiration behind the mix later
Sometime in the near future, a few friends of mine are going to take over the lobby of our university's engineering building (futuristic, vaulted ceiling, walkways and suspended replicas of famous space vehicles) and put on an IDM / electronica show. There's a good chance I'd DJ, and I started thinking of what Chemical Brothers songs would work in this context - b-sides and offbeat choices, ones with an abundance of psychedelic and wild synth sounds, but importantly, still high energy and dance-able. Ended up spiraling into a full mix! I wanted to provide an alternate experience to the studio versions by editing and bleeding the songs into each other more than usual.

The show hasn't happened yet, but when it does I think I'm going to VJ / improvise lights over it, instead of mixing it live (which ATM doesn't interest me). I'll post video if it happens!

Tracklist
Spoiler

1. Epacse Yticolev
2. We Are The Night
3. Studio K
4. Don't Stop the Rock
5. Elektrobank
6. Dissolve
7. Golden Dub
8. Electronic Battle Weapon 5
9. Pourquoi
10. I Think I'm In Love
11. I'll See You There
12. Song to the Siren (12")
13. Open Up
14. Radiate
15. Please Help (Outro)
Last Edit: Nov 14, 2016, 19:57 by WhiteNoise

Woohoo! Our first chemical Brothers tribute band!   ;D

Cool that your school is gonna let you take over. Id definitely take the Dj gig. Its a little nerves here and there but if you 'dont think...let it flow' you'll be ok!

Whats the date of the tour..I mean dj set!

You gotta play burst generator!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

i would like to quote ed: "play piku/playground"
no idea, no idea

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 14, 2016, 19:49

Sometime in the near future, a few friends of mine are going to take over the lobby of our university's engineering building (futuristic, vaulted ceiling, walkways and suspended replicas of famous space vehicles) and put on an IDM / electronica show. There's a good chance I'd DJ, and I started thinking of what Chemical Brothers songs would work in this context - b-sides and offbeat choices, ones with an abundance of psychedelic and wild synth sounds, but importantly, still high energy and dance-able. Ended up spiraling into a full mix! I wanted to provide an alternate experience to the studio versions by editing and bleeding the songs into each other more than usual.

The show hasn't happened yet, but when it does I think I'm going to VJ / improvise lights over it, instead of mixing it live (which ATM doesn't interest me). I'll post video if it happens!

Tracklist
Spoiler

1. Epacse Yticolev
2. We Are The Night
3. Studio K
4. Don't Stop the Rock
5. Elektrobank
6. Dissolve
7. Golden Dub
8. Electronic Battle Weapon 5
9. Pourquoi
10. I Think I'm In Love
11. I'll See You There
12. Song to the Siren (12")
13. Open Up
14. Radiate
15. Please Help (Outro)

Just downloaded and listening to it right now. Starts off pretty nice. You did some special editing to the Escape part, didn't you? Seems like there's some self-programmed synth going on there, no?

Good luck with your show! Hope it's gonna be a ton of fun and the crowd's appreciating your work and the chems tunes!

Maybe you can squeeze in some of these too?

- Don't Think
- Silver Drizzle
- No Need
- Clip Kiss
- Base 6
- The Duke
- Nude Night
- H.I.A.
- Galaxy Bounce 93-03 version (for dramatic build-up)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 15, 2016, 21:33

Just downloaded and listening to it right now. Starts off pretty nice. You did some special editing to the Escape part, didn't you? Seems like there's some self-programmed synth going on there, no?
Nope! It's just the outro of the 12" version of EV in reverse. The one addition was the We Are The Night Sunshine Underground intro squelch, you can hear it subtly at :37.

I might try adding some of those suggested songs guys. Ending of Studio K through to Dissolve is kinda lacking IMO, maybe a few additions could ease the transitions? The struggle is to keep it an hour long set since I'll be sharing the festival with a few other people, and I don't want to pull a Kings of Leon :D

Some stuff I made this weekend
https://soundcloud.com/n_d_g/sets/the-week-end

Feel free to check out that sweet soundcloud account.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweeeeet indeed! 'When I'm Flupped Up' has so much energy and attitude. Super tasty!

My only suggestion, which I know is kinda useless as you record it all live, would be to try and cut down that open hi-hat sample in St*rb*y so that it doesn't have that slightly extraneous closing sound at the end. It felt just a tad too isolated at the beginning and jarred me from the kick rhythm.

That's me forts anyway. Thanks for sharing.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I see what you mean. For sure. I am fairly sure it is a byproduct of the compression. On the sr-16, I have it at tune -3 or -4. If I ever revisit, I'll probably end up trying out a different hi hat as I kind of use that specific one a lot. To be frank, the part I like most is the weird screaming volca bass. Thanks for listening!

Love it whitenoise!!
On the transition from I'll See You There into Siren - great mix!!
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 30, 2017, 03:55

Feel free to check out that sweet soundcloud account.
Nice 👍 sounds very Erol'which is a good thing!! Props on the title as well, were you flying high while making and naming this?? 😂👽
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Lots of caffeine, due to being tired from work.

The names are poking fun of The Weeknd ehehe

Quote from: VMan on Jan 31, 2017, 22:46

Nice 👍 sounds very Erol'which is a good thing!!

Christ, if he listened to them I would probably die from excitement

And still no longer version of The Switch  ;D

And to Resonance: Sounds dark, i think i even heard a bit of some of the more electronic Dark Wave in it, like a modern version of Anne Clark (without the vocals). But nice work.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 30, 2017, 03:55

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 31, 2017, 01:27

Sweeeeet indeed! 'When I'm Flupped Up' has so much energy and attitude. Super tasty!

Yes i liked that one too. And you're an American who has heard of Real Madrid??

Quote from: neorev on Feb 01, 2017, 06:05

my latest single "Resonance" has arrived
Soundcloud (free download)
https://soundcloud.com/neorev/resonance-free-download
Enjoyed this. My interest increased when the beats came in. Random words that popped into my head: Sabres of Paradise, EBW9, the dreamier (and also harder?) side of 90's Trance.
I think i might have actually liked more vocal overdubs (or more evenly distributed perhaps). But hey what do I know? It's late and I may be talking out my a$$.

IT'S MORNING TIME!