When You Start Hating, You're Out of Control

Post Your Music (pt 2)

Started by Enjoyed, Jul 08, 2015, 09:30

Previous topic - Next topic
I know u chemical brothers.  You only know that electricity is sound. Nothing more. No radio electronics you do not know. No phase response, no magnitude, no frequency response. No resistors, no capacitors, no filters. No distortion! No phase degrees, no levels. No amplitude. No filter design. Just Modular. No quantize, no impulse. no characteristics of filter. Just Modulular. It is very alarming.

Beth yn union?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: flipper on Apr 16, 2019, 12:38

No phase response, no magnitude, no frequency response. No resistors, no capacitors, no filters. No distortion! No phase degrees, no levels. No amplitude. No filter design. Just Modular. No quantize, no impulse. no characteristics of filter.

No Geography

Quote from: flipper on Apr 16, 2019, 12:38

I know u chemical brothers.  You only know that electricity is sound. Nothing more. No radio electronics you do not know. No phase response, no magnitude, no frequency response. No resistors, no capacitors, no filters. No distortion! No phase degrees, no levels. No amplitude. No filter design. Just Modular. No quantize, no impulse. no characteristics of filter. Just Modulular. It is very alarming.
Sheer poetry
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 16, 2019, 15:44

Beth yn union?
You went Welsh?

Why you guys hating on these tunes? Don't forget Thijs from Noisia is involved!
Flipper can you get Thijs to sign my copy of this? The dub on Side B is genuinely v.v. good.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It really must be my alt account
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I think the next logical step from

modular -> modulular

is modulukulele

Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 16, 2019, 19:48

Also, I think the next logical step from

modular -> modulular

is modulukulele
And mod-ouh-la-lar

I entered a remix contest, aaand here it is!.
I swear I usually don't write stuff that sounds so much like chems tracks (he said, on the chemical brothers forum to chemical brothers fans).

Quote from: Biff on Apr 20, 2019, 20:52

I swear I usually don't write stuff that sounds so much like chems tracks (he said, on the chemical brothers forum to chemical brothers fans).
Could do with some cymbals, no?

But seriously, I like it but I wonder if the cymbals are actually a bit too full-on for the competition.
Did you listen to Plastic Boomerang Pastry's mix? WTAF!?
Look how many people entered. Imagine having to listen to all of them.  :o
IT'S MORNING TIME!

You might be right on the cymbals, but I wanted it to be a little hectic to give its breaks more of a stark contrast.

I do like the name plastic boomerang pastry. That's one of those fake croissants they have in home furnishing shops, right?

Sounds fantastic, in the vein of the Falling Down remix and I'll See You There
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Biff on Apr 20, 2019, 20:52

I really enjoy this

And am jealous I do not make this

Since my last comment I listened to about 7 or 8 of the other (100++) entries Here and none of them were as good as the Biff mix. I'm not just saying this because you're on the forum. Most of the other ones I could barely get through (boring!), but I've listened to the Biff mix a few times now - I probably should have refreshed the page to show the true play count...

My thoughts about winning the comeptition (like I have a clue!) are that the Chems might not win either (under a pseudonym) because they sometimes defy the rules of what"should" be done. I guess it will depend on the attitude of the judges.

As per Androidgeoff I genuinely enjoyed this. Love the way the drums drop out and then come back after the "Hey" (1.24 and 4.12), the vocal backmasking, the layers of sound, the little sequenced melody at 3.28, the sheep (?) noises circa 4.15. I really hope this does well. Let us know who wins - I bet it won't be as enjoyable.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Thanks for all the very kind words. Even if I don't win, I definitely gained something from finishing a project on a deadline basis and moving on. That's been major weak spot in my workflow so that was worth doing it for in itself.
I'll let you all know how my results pan out.

This is sick, Biff. Nice work.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

So the winners were announced and collated in one soundcloud list Here. You forgot to tell us Biff!

I don't understand what's great about the winner. Is it technically good? Maybe it is, but I just don't get it in terms of an enjoyable version/remix.

They gave three people joint 2nd place, and one of those, the Amæthron mix was one of the ones I had already heard. The intro section on this mix is quite original, and it's probably the most adventurous of the tracks that they picked out. But the "dance-y" stuff that kicks in around 2.30 sounds like something Marusha would have played in 1994 (well, she wouldn't really). Glitchy Gabber Rock or something. It's horrible!! What were they thinking??

Most of the other Honourable Mentions (Traditional) just seem a bit safe and boring. And the Honourable mentions (Creative) were...not nice! There's no accounting for taste.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Lol, yeaaah. I got the email yesterday about the winners. I was surprised that even though they doubled the honorable mention category, it still didn't make it. You were probably right on them having an ideal remix in mind.
Onward to the next remix contest! 🐎
Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 13:21 by Biff

Really dig your remix, Biff! Besides the honorable mentions of Chems work by Whitenoise, your sound also reminds me a bit of Consumer's Machines in Danger which he contributed to the Forum CD.

So, Papergod is your pseudonym name?

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Thank you! Yes, papergod is my pseudonym for the time being. I'm not an expert an origami though...