Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Post Your Music (pt 2)

• Asleep From Day
Come on, Krabbs, don't be too harsh. the user even made the effort to search for a TCM thread and also addressed it in the second post. I'd rather have minor things like that than nonsensical spam bots any day of the week :)

I'll admit, though, that it would have been nice if the OP had just briefly introduced her-/himself before plugging something.

Thanks for the support, I do admit that I am unfamiliar with the workings/ sections here, and actually wasn't sure where to post it as I just wanted to share the mix as I figured there would be interest in all things Chems and TCM. And thanks to the Admins for moving it to a more appropriate section.

Not much more to say by way of intro or plugging The Drone Pilots, as this was mainly about TCM. Enjoy!

• Galvanizer
  • Old head

I know Satu8 mentioned the "post your own music" thread…

Edit Chembase Team: moved to here.

I take some responsibility here and apologize to MathsDX for any confusion. I listened to and enjoyed the mix, and thought others might as well. The mix was placed in a Crystal Method section of the forum that is less visited and not associated with user productions so I suggested they try here for more exposure.

Whether or not the new person should have introduced themselves before dropping a mix can be up for debate (I think it is a fair request), but this forum can be difficult for someone jumping into the convo. I was a lurker member for years in the OG format before becoming somewhat active because it wasn’t a very welcoming group if you weren’t already part of it. I don’t feel it’s that way anymore, but we certainly could have done better here.  Besides, we are in a stale period here and new mixes of classic trax should be a good thing, and it’s fair to say TCM has crossover appeal here for some.

And as someone who listened to the mix, there are 2 brief but effective nods to the Brothers in there.  So, my bad, I was being welcoming and enjoyed the mix.

Take the lesson on introducing yourself, MathsDX, but also feel free to bring fresh takes and ideas into the group moving forward. And maybe mix up a ChemBros mix for us in the future…😀

(And moving forward, my own lesson will be to add links…it’s more helpful.)
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2022, 19:52 by satur8 »  
Uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • Reining in the bots that freed themselves
All cool, nothing to worry about and certainly no "guilt" on any party's part. This is not a snobby place and I'm happy about any new users coming along and bring something fresh to the table!

Whether or not the new person should have introduced themselves before dropping a mix can be up for debate (I think it is a fair request), [...]
Well, not a request, rather something I would do if I was new to a fan site where nobody knows me or, in general, wherever I'd meet new people in real life. I would feel awkward stopping by, not saying hi and just drop a link. But that's just me.

[...]
but this forum can be difficult for someone jumping into the convo. I was a lurker member for years in the OG format before becoming somewhat active because it wasn’t a very welcoming group if you weren’t already part of it.
Haha, this totally reflects my early experience back in 2004 when I first joined the forum. I crashed and burned when I confronted Iguanapunk over him being offensive in one post and he was like "so what, that's my stick, not meant seriously" and everyone else knew and was in on the impudent jokes. Ahh, youth...
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team
I crashed and burned when I confronted Iguanapunk

The science checks out.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • Reining in the bots that freed themselves
Yeah, I should have known. Got eaten alive :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

• The ChemBase Team
Yeah, I should have known. Got eaten alive :D

Oh man haha 😂 iggy had it out with everyone, nobody was safe!! The forum could be a real tough crowd then! is a much more welcoming place these days for sure.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!