Post Your Music (pt 2)

Started by Enjoyed, Jul 08, 2015, 09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

https://instaud.io/private/440eb2c8f8b0aaeeb05a8bfb7d1f8bd0cbfbb7ca
I've dona a little mashup of the Voodoo Beats/Song to the Siren and Galvanize

Take this Brothers and Sisters
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

You know the drill, not the best production but my release that I had ready back in April finally got put on Spotify

I did one a day over 4 days, with emphasis on using a new delay pedal I had bought and trying out some vocal samples I had gathered each day
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jul 12, 2019, 03:59

You know the drill, not the best production but my release that I had ready back in April finally got put on Spotify

I did one a day over 4 days, with emphasis on using a new delay pedal I had bought and trying out some vocal samples I had gathered each day

That's some fairly uncompromising techno there, Geoff.
I'm Freakin's bleeps remind me a bit of Tricky Disco By Tricky Disco and other early 90s stuff. Whilst the "pew pew" sounds around 3.11 have me thinking of EBW9.

So can anyone get their stuff put on Spotify, or do you have to jump through lots of hoops and hopefully be adjudged good enough by someone at Spotify?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 13, 2019, 00:18

I'm Freakin's bleeps remind me a bit of Tricky Disco By Tricky Disco and other early 90s stuff. Whilst the "pew pew" sounds around 3.11 have me thinking of EBW9.

So can anyone get their stuff put on Spotify, or do you have to jump through lots of hoops and hopefully be adjudged good enough by someone at Spotify?

There are services that you can use that give you ISRC codes for your releases/songs
Personally, I use Soundrop

I am definitely not on a label (hey Erol Alkan where u at???)
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 13, 2019, 00:18

Are you looking to just get on Spotify or would you like to get on a bunch of sites?

I use Distrokid for distribution. It is only $20 per year and they don't take anything from your royalties. You keep 100%. They get you on Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music, Amazon, Google Play, Deezer, and many more... even Beatport. From what I've heard, Beatport are the only ones that are very picky about what gets on their site. But my old album Lines & Shapes got on Beatport with no problems. I've never had an issues with any of the other stores. It is quick to sign up with Distrokid and simple and easy to upload your music to stores. They take care of it all. I've gotten up in some stores within 48 hours after uploading my album. Usually within 5 days, your release is out across all platforms. Distrokid also gives you the ability to control your Spotify Artist page. Upload your logo or image and bio, etc. You can pay a little bit more if you want the ability to upload music under two different aliases and there's even a label option if you're releasing multiple artists. I've been using them for 4 years now. There's other distribution sites where you don't have to pay a yearly fee, but they take a percentage from your sales. Distrokid doesn't take a penny from your sales. But Distrokid doesn't own your music. You still have full control. So you can easily pull your releases from stores if you don't like them with a simple click of a button. They'll be pulled from all stores within a week. Then you can go to another distribution service and have your music distributed through them if you choose to make a change.

If you want to use Distrokid, this will give you a 7% discount on the annual fee...
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/575270

You can search me on stores as Neorev. I got a few albums and EPs out through them.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jul 13, 2019, 00:56

Personally, I use Soundrop
Aha. I've heard of a different one called Fatdrop. In fact I put their App on my tablet a while back in the hope that I could find a way to listen to new/unreleased tunes. But uhhh...you still have to sign up and give details of your website and other "pro" stuff which I didn't have the imagination to fake.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 13, 2019, 08:19

Are you looking to just get on Spotify or would you like to get on a bunch of sites?

Ha! No. I was just curious about how "the biz" works these days. Particularly with smaller artists. I have nothing to upload, sorry if my question was misleading. Thanks for the long answer though!  :)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I use Distrokid as well. Which reminds me, I published some of my tracks a few months ago and didn't post them here. You can listen to my music on Spotify/Deezer/YouTube/iTunes, and pretty much any streaming platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8dWVrgZ7Q&list=OLAK5uy_kMxkpIVm5ov6Q7UcGoEpYDfe00oDZyjOY

Let Forever Be/ Ghosts N' Stuff

with beatles effects:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=126OudK0qiCFLmciUYl7-P4tPUc5gf4pC

No beatles Effects:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u9PiwDYQrEbs4-1oa_Lv2VcEzjv3JQK2

Even if it isn't good, I've been wanting to do this experiment for months, but couldn't get a clean Acapella. Finally did a Semi-clean Acapella (though, if you got good headphones like me, you can still faintly hear Noel in the background) Added some TNK sound effects but I think they're a hit/miss.
what do you guys think, Sound effects or no sound effects?

EDIT: I've added the version with no effects It still has my effects like the reverse cymbol at the end, but no Beatle effects.
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2019, 15:09 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jul 23, 2019, 06:51

what do you guys think, Sound effects or no sound effects?

I vote no sound effects. Where did you get your LFB instrumental parts from, Here?
There's a very clean Galvanize acapella on that website, BTW.

Off-topic now but the Talking Heads "Once In A Lifetime" parts are kinda funny. David Byrne's yelpy lead vocal sounds weird when isolated. And as well as the bass guitar line, you really notice the "dum dum dum" bassline sung by one of the band - I thought it was fake at first but when you listen back to the proper song, it's in there.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 23, 2019, 11:11

I vote no sound effects. Where did you get your LFB instrumental parts from, Here?

I got it from here, but you can still faintly hear Noel's singing in the background (as most fanmade instrumental have) and the cowbells are missing in this , I tried cleaning it up more in audacity but it didn't sound good.

I'll be posting the Acapella in a few hours
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Hello...New Work by Poly Gore
"The Chemical Brothers - Eve Of Destruction"

Master Beat Remix/Pakal603

3 years ago I did a 2 part mix of Chemical Brothers stuff, that I could describe as what their live could sound like if they did it à la Daft Punk Alive 2007.
Today I came back to it thinking of doing a 3rd part, then realised all of the files I used were MP3. So before doing anything new, I spent the evening replacing everything with FLAC files (or CD WAV rips when I didn't have the FLAC), so it all sounds better now.

You can listen to it here (although it will be in a crappy streaming quality)
https://www.mixcloud.com/SBRK/so-thats-the-chemical-brothers-parts-1-2-remastered/

or download the FLAC there:
http://benjisbrk.com/public/sbrk/SBRK%20-%20So,%20That's%20The%20Chemical%20Brothers%20(Parts%201%20&%202%20remastered).flac

Listening to this now.

So fucking good.

Thanks Ben_j.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Nice! Looking forward to this Ben!

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 03, 2019, 23:12
Today I came back to it thinking of doing a 3rd part,

Ben_j, this was SOOO good. Can't wait for pt. 3.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

This summer marked the 10th anniversary of my debut album Lines & Shapes and I wanted to put something special together to celebrate the occasion. A brand new remix album featuring fellow underground electronic music producers from all across the globe. It will be up on streaming services and digital music stores on August 30th.

Here's a quick promo clip featuring Force (Studio Star Remix)...

LINES & SHAPES REMIXED

01 OH NO! (NO PARTY REMIX)
02 FORCE (STUDIO STAR REMIX)
03 SLAUGHTERHOUSE (BENEFIT OF THE BOOMERANG REMIX)
04 ROCK THE BEAT (PROXIMITY EFFECT REMIX)
05 DISCO BUSTIN' (MATT AQUILA REMIX)
06 PUPPY (CHARLIE BROWN REMIX)
07 SOLDIER (PROJEKT EXP REMIX)
08 ALIVE (ABER ANT REMIX)
09 YOUR OWN PACE (SHAPER REMIX)
10 LINES AND SHAPES (PROGRESS IS MADE REMIX)
11 THE STARS ABOVE US (STEREOSPREAD REMIX)
12 HIT 'EM HARD (WOLFEN REMIX)
13 NO TURNING BACK (JERICHO-X REMIX)
14 ANOTHER CLOUDY DAY (ULONIX REMIX)

Coming August 30th

HI guys,

I'm trying to do some old chemical-like stuffs, and I was wondering what chemicals fans would think about it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-363737206/break-box

Thanks for the listening,

Cheers :)