The Brothers Gonna Work It Out

I've created an archive channel for chems footage

Started by Conn6orsuper117, Jan 25, 2019, 04:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Title Says all, I will Only re-upload videos If the original post creator gives me permission or the said footage was deleted. current videos up right now are Tribal Gathering 1995, Tangerine 1995, Lollipop 1996, and Glastonbury 1997.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpc4OjXc_GPpVMuv3u2Qtuw?&ab_channel=TheUnofficialChembrosArchive

Again, the only videos that will be uploaded from those who given permission or if the video/channel was deleted. The Only edits that will happen are Changes towards the audio to avoid copyright infringement (I.E. Pitch changes)

what do you guys think? yay or nay?
Last Edit: Jan 29, 2019, 02:32 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Great idea! Keep it going.

Be careful about preserving quality (audio and visual) when re-encoding, and copyrights when it comes to the last two albums. Live tracks can get tagged as the studio versions sometimes.
Never for money, always for love.

Brilliant! And I echo what Whitenoise said above.
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Don't worry everyone, I've made rules to myself to pitch recordings or even go far to add background noise in the footage, but if I can, I will try leave links to the unedited footage.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Try and find that one performance from the late 90s! It was a grainy YouTube vid of T and E performing chemical beats, LOF, dust up beats, etc. Cant remember who posted the original link, but it was on the previous forum. Good stuff
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jan 26, 2019, 21:19

Try and find that one performance from the late 90s! It was a grainy YouTube vid of T and E performing chemical beats, LOF, dust up beats, etc. Cant remember who posted the original link, but it was on the previous forum. Good stuff

It was their Tangerine performance, as far as i know it's long gone bc the user's account was deleted :(
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Jan 26, 2019, 21:28

It was their Tangerine performance, as far as i know it's long gone bc the user's account was deleted :(

:o

Shouldve done a rip when I had the chance,or an audio!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jan 26, 2019, 21:19

Quote from: hstn on Jan 26, 2019, 21:28

I ripped copies!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z25pj5zj56y6990/tangerine1995.zip/file

Lollipop 96 & Glastonbury 97 are up on the channel now

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jan 26, 2019, 22:56

I ripped copies!

Will attempt to add to the channel soon ;D

EDIT: Its up
Last Edit: Jan 27, 2019, 00:52 by Conn6orsuper117

I'll be willing to chip in some discoveries!

I found some deep cuts from 2005 on YouTube, some of which I have posted onto the forum prior, including a full video of Star Guitar, Song To The Siren/Come Inside, and some short clips of various points in their tour including alternate clips of Problem Question.

I'll try to relocate all and post them at some point
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jan 26, 2019, 22:56

I ripped copies!

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES! holy shit!

Good looking out WN, Im shocked and surprised that you actually ripped a copy.

Back then we were drooling over this found footage while you on the other hand is saying to yourself 'maybe I should back these videos up just in case'

@conn6

Thanks for adding these to the channel! I like those thumbnail covers btw. Very clean looking!

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jan 25, 2019, 04:38

Title Says all, I will Only re-upload videos If the original post creator gives me permission or the said footage was deleted. Only video I'm uploading right now is a recording of Glastonbury 1997.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpc4OjXc_GPpVMuv3u2Qtuw?&ab_channel=TheUnofficialChembrosArchive

Again, the only videos that will be uploaded from those who given permission or if the video/channel was deleted. The Only edits that will happen are Changes towards the audio to avoid copyright infringement (I.E. Pitch changes)

what do you guys think? yay or nay?

Just had time to check your new channel out and I have Got to say, bravo on a terrific start mate mate! Love the presentation and important disclaimer information at the end of each video.

I regularly trawl through YouTube for nostalgic clips of the Brothers, so to have it all in one place is a dream!

Kudos to Whitenoise for the Tangerine clip, blew my mind! I had never seen that!!
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jan 27, 2019, 04:04
Good looking out WN, Im shocked and surprised that you actually ripped a copy.

Back then we were drooling over this found footage while you on the other hand is saying to yourself 'maybe I should back these videos up just in case'
I started doing this ever since we lost access to those Roundhouse 2010 concept renderings with the 360 degree screens, along with some of the internal use only pro-shot recordings of that show. Some stuff is too good to lose!

Great idea Conn6orsuper117.

As an idea if you want to try and grow the channel outside of old footage, you should get in front of the camera and do some geeky Chemical Brother related vlogging. Review the new album, review old albums, talk about new tracks, future tour announcements, old gigs, etc. Really geeky stuff, but I'd still watch!

Who knows, maybe you'll garner the attention of Tom and Ed, and maybe they might help provide your channel some new content!

speaking of old gigs, did anyone manage to save the videos of them performing Let forever be & Reflexion at rockhall before they got taken down? I remember there were more vids of LFB when they first began touring

This is fantastic, Conn6or! Great idea and thank you for sharing and putting this out there!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jan 27, 2019, 16:50

I started doing this ever since we lost access to those Roundhouse 2010 concept renderings with the 360 degree screens, along with some of the internal use only pro-shot recordings of that show. Some stuff is too good to lose!
are you talking about screens like these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=desdfMn7U1w&ab_channel=RickySmirnoff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We8-tI47rBw&ab_channel=johncrellin

Their original concept was to surround the Roundhouse with screens. It wasn't affordable (in an interview, I think when they called for the quote they were asked "are you buying for the 2012 Olympics?) or possible, but there were 3D computer renderings of visuals surrounding the Roundhouse in all directions with the Chems in the center. We found them on Lyall's Vimeo, who pretty quickly got wind and made the videos private.

This being said - the Roundhouse shows were incredible, and I've been wanting (or wanting someone) to cut together a full concert video using Youtube footage. Particularly because these were the only shows Snow and Wonders of the Deep were ever played in full (and besides that, the entire album being played through, something we all didn't appreciate enough at the time).

I have this rare cd of the chemical if you are interested I pass the issues and upload it to youtube

https://www.discogs.com/en/The-Chemical-Brothers-B-Sides/release/2559051

Greetings.

It's the same as "Music:Response" from 2000; it only includes the b-sides from the Hey Boy Hey Girl single and the Let Forever Be single. Worth to have that compilation though!
You are all my children now!