I'm Dancing In the Shadow of Love

I was talking about the future on Facebook

Started by Chops, Jul 08, 2015, 19:46

Previous topic - Next topic
and it turns out the future is here ;D

I was wondering if BITE would be the end or not. I cant decide.

And if it was to be just Tom, I hope it would be good but i think it was the guardian interview where they hinted that Ed's got the crucial editor/director role. 

I think tom has probably done the bulk of the creation and production but he needs a voice he can trust.

Is there anything you want them to try after this?  Covers album is definitely appealing to me but i reckon they'd think it was a bit twee.

I liked your idea of a history conquering movie tune. Though I'd want them to have complete power over how it is made. None of that This Is Not A Game nonsense.

Certainly another film score would go down a treat. TRON Legacy is now the Daft Punk album I listen to the most.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I would love to see more remixes and a soundtrack ofcourse would be nice. Basically any bit of sound coming from Tom and Ed I'd be down for. Even if its just a fart looped over another fart.

Quote from: chemreact on Jul 08, 2015, 20:48

Even if its just a fart looped over another fart.

I imagined your avatar saying this in a derpy voice. Had a little private guffaw.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 08, 2015, 20:29

I liked your idea of a history conquering movie tune. Though I'd want them to have complete power over how it is made. None of that This Is Not A Game nonsense.

Certainly another film score would go down a treat. TRON Legacy is now the Daft Punk album I listen to the most.

i saw in the guardian that an a big unamed film was turned down, do we know what that was at all?  This Is Not A Game is pretty tragic tbh.   I dunno about a score cos they did that.  I think Tom might get lots more work as a producer soon

Quote from: chemreact on Jul 08, 2015, 20:48

I would love to see more remixes and a soundtrack ofcourse would be nice. Basically any bit of sound coming from Tom and Ed I'd be down for. Even if its just a fart looped over another fart.

surface to air biscuit?

I would like to hear what Tom and Ed could bring to the table with a game soundtrack. Not a song here and there, but an entire score.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Chops on Jul 08, 2015, 21:09

i saw in the guardian that an a big unamed film was turned down, do we know what that was at all?  This Is Not A Game is pretty tragic tbh.   I dunno about a score cos they did that.  I think Tom might get lots more work as a producer soon

Now You See Me, probably.  Tom visited and said was for scheduling conflicts iirc but maybe that was code for not having control over the music and all that.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 08, 2015, 23:57

Now You See Me, probably. 
Yeah I thought that when I read the article. 
IT'S MORNING TIME!

This Is Not A Game is pretty tragic tbh. 
You might not  like Taste Of Honey on the new album...
Last Edit: Jul 09, 2015, 11:32 by WhiteNoise
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 09, 2015, 09:30

how did you even
no idea, no idea

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 08, 2015, 23:57

Now You See Me, probably.  Tom visited and said was for scheduling conflicts iirc but maybe that was code for not having control over the music and all that.

well i thought of that one but i didnt really class it as a big film and thought it might be something super massive.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 09, 2015, 09:30

are you basing on that on reviews of taste of honey? OR have you heard it.  This is not a game just never gets going at all and i dont think the collab works at all

Psst Skyscraper, use spoiler tags next time!

@Whirly, a game soundtrack would be excellent,  especially if it were adaptive or in some way procedurally generated.
Never for money, always for love.

and is it too much to expect some sort of outstanding contribution BRIT award? Doubt they bothered but it would be nice to see 20 years of being awesome being recognised

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 09, 2015, 11:34

a game soundtrack would be excellent
ohhhhhh - a 1997 bigbeat version of the duke nukem theme! would sell my used underwear for it.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jul 08, 2015, 22:29

I would like to hear what Tom and Ed could bring to the table with a game soundtrack. Not a song here and there, but an entire score.

Perhaps a game with great emphasis on abstract art with mind bending psychedelic tunes, or a rhythm game like amplitude which the more you play the entire score will take you to a wonderful music journey (like if your listening a live set). Even a racing game! (I'm watching you Wipeout)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 09, 2015, 11:34

Psst Skyscraper, use spoiler tags next time!
Well  I didn't give away any film plots but you might want to avoid my last comment in the "Fans Echo of Born In The Echoes" thread.
Speaking of films...

I dunno about a score cos they did that.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Totally forgot about Trespass Against Us. Wonder when this will come out this year.

As for the other movie, I somehow doubt it was Now You See Me. In that interview I remember Tom saying they wouldn't give the film's title away and also said they didn't like the production/theme on/of that misterious flick. It would be too obvious if it was NYSM and they initially were announced as soundscorers but withdrew due to time conflicts. But maybe I'm all wrong and this was just a kind way of saying "no no, you won't see us in therer".
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 09, 2015, 10:16

how did you even
See the Shazam! thread under Born In The Echoes. Also see the forum facebook page.
IT'S MORNING TIME!