Who's Hungry?

Movies/Shows you're watching.

Started by chemreact, Jul 09, 2015, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
to be fair, chris nolan sets the bar real high with his three batman movies - some say dark knight is the best superhero movie ever made (with which i disagree because i do love watchmen alot more).
no idea, no idea

As a big big Batman fan, I completely agree.

Winter Soldier is up there though. It's basically an old school espionage movie but it has Cap and Scarlett Johansson in it.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 29, 2016, 14:40

to be fair, chris nolan sets the bar real high with his three batman movies - some say dark knight is the best superhero movie ever made (with which i disagree because i do love watchmen alot more).

The Crow is the best comic book movie ever made.  FACT.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 29, 2016, 14:30

But that would involve suppressing whatever it is he's got going on, which is not good either. So it's a real shame.
I'd take a guess it's the divorce.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 03, 2016, 14:14

Saw it last night. Powerful stuff. Perhaps a little slow in places, but worth a watch if you like the more serious end of Hollywood.
I haven't checked what categories it's been nominated in, but the film looked stunning and can't have been an easy shoot for either cast or crew.
Spoiler
Also I thought the early battle scene and the bear scenes were really well done.  Was that a 'tame' bear that Leo was doing fight scenes with? It didn't all look like stunt double stuff.  Maybe I need to read up on how they did it.

Spoiler:  Bears are dicks. 

Haven't seen Batman vs Superman yet.
But I have been listening to the Hans Zimmer Soundtrack and the Wonder Woman theme (assuming it's the "Is She With You?" track) is bloody awesome.

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: kosek on Apr 03, 2016, 13:00

the Wonder Woman theme (assuming it's the "Is She With You?" track) is bloody awesome.
You might want to jump back to reply #91 for more opinion on this. Really!

I haven't seen it yet either but I have a couple of questions for people who have. Is Gal Gadot any good in this film or does she just look hot? I've seen her in one or two of the Fast & Furious films (on TV) and thought she was all looks and no screen presence, or acting ability.

Is there a separate Wonder Woman film coming? There was lots of talk about whether Gadot was right for the role and that she was making a Wonder Woman film. Did that film turn out to be just Batman V Superman?  [EDIT: Ok I checked IMDB and she is making a Wonder Woman film. Hope she carry that thing on her pretty little shoulders]

Is BvS worth seeing in 3D?
Last Edit: Apr 03, 2016, 13:49 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 03, 2016, 13:23

I haven't seen it yet either but I have a couple of questions for people who have. Is Gal Gadot any good in this film or does she just look hot? I've seen her in one or two of the Fast & Furious films (on TV) and thought she was all looks and no screen presence, or acting ability.

Is there a separate Wonder Woman film coming? There was lots of talk about whether Gadot was right for the role and that she was making a Wonder Woman film. Did that film turn out to be just Batman V Superman?  [EDIT: Ok I checked IMDB and she is making a Wonder Woman film. Hope she carry that thing on her pretty little shoulders]

She is pretty badass in the Wonder Woman scenes. And no, don't see it in 3D. The 3D sucks, that's what I've heard.

If you live in New York you can see it in 4DX which sounds kinda fun.
I've only seen one "4D" thing which was the brief film you can watch before boarding the London Eye (that huge Ferris Wheel on the banks of the Thames, for those unfamiliar). The film came as part of the ticket price, so if anyone is planning to visit the London Eye, try to catch the film.

Oh here's someone who didn't like BvS in 4DX.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 29, 2016, 14:40

I love Watchmen!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 03, 2016, 13:23

I liked her presence in the movie, although the actors in general weren't really challenged by the script in my opinion.
And yes, according to Godot herself there's a WW movie coming out not too long down the road.
Last Edit: Apr 03, 2016, 17:42 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The  trailer  for  Swiss  Army  Man  is  out  ,  looks  pretty  crazy  ,   gonna  have  to watch  this  , . .   something  different .  .  ,  staring  Paul  Dano  &  Daniel  Radcliffe  ,  release  date  June  2016
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Mar 29, 2016, 14:49

The Crow is the best comic book movie ever made.  FACT.

Yes. So much yes!!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Better Call Saul.

It's just as captivating as Breaking Bad. I don't know how he does it.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 07, 2016, 13:17

Better Call Saul.

It's just as captivating as Breaking Bad. I don't know how he does it.
Yup. The kind of scenes like the long take at the mexican border at the beginning of the last episode is one of the reasons I like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul so much.

Anyone here ever watched Compliance? A film I would have dismissed as completely preposterous if it didn't turn out to be true. The fact that it is true is kinda disturbing actually.
Anyway I was reminded of Compliance by this slightly more light hearted story which just resulted in some broken windows. And some chuckles for me.

Burger King 'gas leak'.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Hardcore Henry.
Crank meets the Smack My Bitch Up video. And probably some first person shooter game that I've never played.
The sheer relentlessness, and the way you experience the stunts by "Henry" i.e a stuntman, make it worthwhile. If you like that sort of thing.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It's like the Doom movie

with the Rock

but palatable
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW. That's kinda crazy. A whole movie done 1st person... very reminiscent of this little video:

https://vimeo.com/62092214
--
@KngtRdr @SevenEyeCo @9GRecords

Finaly found the time to watch Ex_Machina. Was not dissapointet.
no idea, no idea