I Know What to Do: I'm Going to Lose My Mind

Movies/Shows you're watching.

Started by chemreact, Jul 09, 2015, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Wonder Woman was by far DC's best to this point. The story was captivating and the acting, costumes, and pacing were all on point: it wasn't disjointed like the rest of the DCCU. The Themyscira scenes were very well done and the WWI battles reinforced the development of a great character. Overall I think it was comparable to a Marvel Phase 1 film.

Spoiler
I think the villain may have been miscast and the red herring probably was only a surprise for children. I'm also over DC's obsession with all encompassing CGI fire.

Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Wow, latest American Gods... Eostre, Queen of Sheba and Media are amazing women!
I hardly recognized Gillian Anderson!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Hope this is one is good
no idea, no idea

Quote from: satur8 on Jun 05, 2017, 12:58

Wonder Woman was by far DC's best to this point. The story was captivating and the acting, costumes, and pacing were all on point: it wasn't disjointed like the rest of the DCCU. The Themyscira scenes were very well done and the WWI battles reinforced the development of a great character. Overall I think it was comparable to a Marvel Phase 1 film.

Spoiler
I think the villain may have been miscast and the red herring probably was only a surprise for children. I'm also over DC's obsession with all encompassing CGI fire.

i thoroughly enjoyed WW especially the parts of her training in the beginning. i thought the film was losing it legs around the camping at night part but the following scenes made up for it

Spoiler
yep...the CGI boss battle was lame but overall a bigger improvment over SS and B vs S

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Hour 8 of Twin Peaks was the most beautiful, awe inspiring, mind blowing, dread inducing, and downright horrific thing I have ever seen on "television."  Still processing. 

Also still processing.
Watched it two times, still I'm not sure what I've watched :D
Do you have any idea?
This was Lynch on steroids

My thoughts...

Spoiler
The first explosion of a nuclear bomb allowed the black lodge spirits to enter our world for the first time and gave birth to BOB.  Think of all the garmonbozia the atomic bomb created.  What exactly the Woodsmen are in relation to BOB, I do not know (BOB doesn't seem quite as frightening).  The weird place with the Giant and Seniorita was the White Lodge.  I think the creepy bug/frog/lizard thing was BOB and either the girl was Sarah or the boy was Leland.  Gotta light?

I also think that

Spoiler
explosion allowed spirits of maybe both Lodges (just after the explosion, Seniorita sent golden orb with Laura face in it as some kind of counter to the appearance of BOB, possibly) to enter our world easily, but not for the first time, since Hawk told Copper that story about evil in the woods, so at least at some level spirits of the Lodges interacted with our world before.
I was also toying with idea that creepy bug was BOB, but if those kids really are Leland and Sarah, it doesn't fit, since Leland told he met BOB at his grandfather's summer house. That bug then could be 'essence' of Laura herself?
I was thinking that young girl is actually Log lady, but that also doesn't fits (but I must remind myself that time is not necessary linear with Lodges, they messed with time before).
Of Woodsmen who must(?) be spirits of the Black Lodge, Log lady's husband was woodsman who died in the fire on their wedding night, it could be some connection there, with that 'Gotta light?' that was really creepy. He also looks covered in soot.
I'm shooting in the dark here, really :)
Yeah, and it seems obvious that all people who 'fell asleep' listening to the Woodsman's chanting on radio are somehow possessed by the spirits, quite possibly from the Black Lodge.
Too bad we have to wait two weeks for next episode.
Last Edit: Jun 28, 2017, 22:39 by sandelic

Anyone seen Baby Driver? Perhaps it tries a little too hard to be cool, but damn I enjoyed it anyway. And appropriately for a film about a getaway driver, it whizzes along.

Maybe we'll get some Chems in Edgar Wright's next film...

https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/882981941019947008

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/882982115628994560
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 06, 2017, 15:59

Anyone seen Baby Driver? Perhaps it tries a little too hard to be cool, but damn I enjoyed it anyway. And appropriately for a film about a getaway driver, it whizzes along.

Maybe we'll get some Chems in Edgar Wright's next film...

https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/882981941019947008

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/882982115628994560

I saw this the other day and thought it was great. I love Edgar Wright's work. Apparently the studio really wants him to make a sequel and Edgar said he's into the idea. I'm down for another one.

BABY DRIVER!

I seriously, seriously enjoyed that movie. I wanted to go and watch it again immediately.
Clever, fun, wildly entertaining and with a typically eclectic and delectable Edgar Wright soundtrack.
I went in knowing little about it, and came out trying to get everyone I know to go see it.

Go see it.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

You guys! I LOVED Baby Driver!

I'm a sucker for a well done, adrenaline pumped car chase scene and this movie did not disappoint. The art direction, cinematography, soundtrack, perfectly synced story telling was so enjoyable to see. Loved it.

And I loved Wonder Woman for too many reasons to post here. It was badass. She is the modern take superhero I've been waiting for. <3

Going to see Dunkirk tomorrow, because I'm a sucker for a good war flick, too.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Yaaaaay!

I'm so glad you had fun with those at the cinema, Whirly.

Let us know what you think of Dunkirk! I'm also very excited to see that.

Spiderman Homecoming is worth a watch. Best Marvel movie since Winter Soldier (or Captain America if you weren't a fan of WS). Nice to be able to go into the first Marvel Spidey film without having to have a rehashed origin story shoved down your throat too. Funny, good story, charming. It was a fresh take on the character (as a non comic book reader) and I had a lot of fun.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/888905617196236801

I just stumbled on this, Gal is amazing on and off screen!

Saw Dunkirk on 70mm. Not Nolans best work. Visually great looking film but carries minor tension including emotionless characters that I couldn't connect with as seen on other war films. Very inaudible dialogue as well. If you like war films, skip this and wait for the bluray!

Re: Baby Driver, this Mint Royale video was directed by Edgar Wright back in 2003. The beginning and end may have a familiar feel.

and while I'm here, here's the first 6 minutes of the film

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 28, 2017, 11:06

Re: Baby Driver, this Mint Royale video was directed by Edgar Wright back in 2003. The beginning and end may have a familiar feel.

and while I'm here, here's the first 6 minutes of the film

Ha, I came here to post this music video and comment about Baby Driver :D Did you see me post it on Facebook ?

Baby Driver is one of the best movies I've seen lately. It's a masterpiece of editing, it's extremely well  choreographed, and got some funny moments.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 28, 2017, 11:06

Did you spot that Mint Royale video playing on the TV when Baby was cycling through channels in his apartment (in what was surely a reference to Shaun of the Dead)?

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 28, 2017, 14:13

Did you spot that Mint Royale video playing on the TV when Baby was cycling through channels in his apartment (in what was surely a reference to Shaun of the Dead)?

I didn't spot it, but then again I found the Mint Royale video after seeing the movie

EDIT: Listening to the ost of Baby Driver, and some of the tracks are just pure gold
Last Edit: Jul 28, 2017, 18:51 by Ben_j

Atomic Blonde - Miss Theron steps up on action and the raunch! 2nd half of the movie flew past me to keep up with the main characters hush/hush motive and plan. Gonna need a 2nd viewing for this.

Im gonna assume there was no trickery editing in switching stunt women with Miss Theron in that 'special action' sequence because that was some crazy realistic shit there.

Not a female john wick, but kind of close. ok ok....a mild exaggeration!
Last Edit: Jul 30, 2017, 22:34 by inchemwetrust