My Heart and Soul, They Are Free

Movies/Shows you're watching.

Started by chemreact, Jul 09, 2015, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
I saw Inside Out today. Shared a number of public tears along with a bunch of strangers. A beautiful film.
BUT, having had to endure Phyliss for 9 seasons of The Office and being somewhat relieved when she left my screen forever, I was angered to have to listen to her again. I don't know what the word is for completely unfounded hatred for someone but that's what I have for that woman. It made the film difficult. Especially as I love the other actors. Amy Poehler, Bill Hader, Mindy Kaling, Kyle MacLachlan. All great.

The short at the beginning was... Different. I had settled in and was ready to rave about how every Pixar short is exceptional but I didn't know what to think about Lava. It's certainly animated beautifully. But it's no Night & Day or (HAVING RESEARCHED THESE TWO JUST NOW IT TURNS OUT THEY ARE JUST DISNEY AND NOT PIXAR, MY BAD) Paperman and Feast.

I also went to see The Man From U.N.C.L.E. the other day. That was also great. I thought the new Mission Impossible was the closest we were going to get to a pre Daniel Craig Bond film but U.N.C.L.E. was like a throwback to Roger Moore era, which I loved. I also got a real Archer vibe from the whole thing. Obviously it's not as outrageous with the comedy but the confidence with which Cavil's character swanned about the movie was very reminiscent of Sterling Archer's  self assured and cock sure demeanor. Very similar mannerisms.

I completely fell in love with this young lady as well...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Inside Out felt like a blast from the past! They hadn't been making bad films until then, but the last GREAT film they made was Up in 2009, so it somehow just felt like a return to form for Pixar. I thought all the voice acting was great and I still haven't watched the American version of The Office, so I wasn't bothered by Sadness at all.
The devil is in the details

I   finally  got  to  watch  ' Better  Call  Saul '  this weekend  and  really enjoyed  it  ,.. i  forgot  how  much  i  like  that  ' Breaking  Bad '  world  that  producer  Vince  Gilligan  creates  , brillliant  script , casting  &  production  aswell.  Pleased  to  read  that  season  2  is  out   Feb. 2016  , apparently  we  may  get  to  see  Walter  White  &  Jesse  Pinkman ,  whoa  ,  excited ... yes !!!     
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was really great indeed ! Best Guy Ritchie movie since Snatch. I also kinda fell in love with Alicia Vikander  :-[ . I've seen Ex Machina last week and she's also perfect in that movie.

Saw Spectre too, and didn't really like it. The end sucks, Lea Seydoux sucks, the vilain sucks, the car chase is fucking boring... Worst Daniel Craig Bond movie by far.
Last Edit: Nov 22, 2015, 22:27 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Nov 22, 2015, 22:25

I also kinda fell in love with Alicia Vikander  :-[ . I've seen Ex Machina last week and she's also perfect in that movie.
In Ex Machina,
Spoiler
it's funny how when we see her finally with her "skin on", her body shape is different to when we see her as an AI. By the film's logic she should be the same shape.

Did you notice this track in the film?

which borrows from this:

which of course was used by this:

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yeah, that synth is a Sylenth1 preset
Funnily enough, there's ANOTHER producer who used the same exact sound
I just can't remember that producer's name

The Prodigy's "Wild Frontier" is co-produced by KillSonik, a dubstep producer
Apparently Liam mashed up an idea he had with an idea KillSonik had to create "Wild Frontier"
Liam's been mostly using old hardware synths now, so I imagine that synth melody came from KillSonik
Sylenth1 is very popular amongst EDM/Dubstep producers
KillSonik also helped with Get Your Fight On on the album and also remixed "Wild Frontier" on its remix EP
I imagine his remix is closer to how his original idea may have been before Liam took it and mashed it up with their own track

P.S.
I'm watching the new Marvel/Netflix show JESSICA JONES...

Funnily enough, this trailer features "The Day Is My Enemy" by The Prodigy  :)
Last Edit: Nov 22, 2015, 23:17 by neorev

Quote from: neorev on Nov 22, 2015, 23:15

Funnily enough, there's ANOTHER producer who used the same exact sound
I just can't remember that producer's name
This?
https://soundcloud.com/popeska/popeska-firefly
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Who am I meant to root for? I'm confused.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Dec 03, 2015, 13:50

Who am I meant to root for? I'm confused.

Aquaman, of course!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The man in the high castle
no idea, no idea

Ash Vs Evil Dead is simply magical. 

My  recent  binge  watches  and  recommends  from  Netflix  :  Narcos -  a  brilliant  10  episode  series  about  Pablo  Escobar ,  head  of  the  Columbian  drug  cartels  in the  70's / 80's  ,  he  was  one  of  the  worlds  richest  men at  the  height  of  his  (corrupt)  career  worth  an  estimated  US$25 billion  ,  series  2  - the second  half  of  this  true  story  out  on  Netflix  ,  August  2016. 

Also  ,  Marvel's  13  part  drama  about   (ex- Super-hero)  turned  Private  Investigator  Jessica  Jones  ,  staring  Krysten  Ritter  (Jesse Pinkman's  girlfriend  in  Breaking  Bad)  and  David   Tennant  ,  was  really  enjoyable , ..  on  the  subject  of  Marvel . . .   

Massively  looking  forward  to  seeing  Deadpool  in  February
   :)

Quote from: Fine Time on Dec 26, 2015, 07:06

Also  ,  Marvel's  13  part  drama  about   (ex- Super-hero)  turned  Private  Investigator  Jessica  Jones  ,  staring  Krysten  Ritter  (Jesse Pinkman's  girlfriend  in  Breaking  Bad)  and  David   Tennant  ,  was  really  enjoyable , ..  on  the  subject  of  Marvel . . .   
[/size]   :)
Hm, I enjoyed the first part of the series, but it somehow lost a lot of steam in the last episodes. I can't pinpoint to what exactly is wrong with it, but I didn't really care for the characters and the story in the end.

My favourite series this year was Rick and Morty. It's a bit like Futurama meets Dr. Who meets South Park.
Last Edit: Dec 26, 2015, 11:38 by Stefan

Yeah  ,  i  know  what  you  mean . .  Jessica  Jones   did  loose   it's   momentum  towards  the   end  , .. i  think   the  whole  Killgrave   chase   &  capture  was   drawn  out   too much  ,   perhaps   10  episodes  rather  than  13   would've   been  more  effective.  Was  still  good  though  ,  set  the bar  high  for  more  Marvel   drama  series.

Season 3 of Mind of a Chef.

Lee and Nilsson are very interesting chefs to get to know.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hateful Eight was freaking excellent. 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jan 05, 2016, 02:47

Hateful Eight was freaking excellent. 
Hateful Eight was boring as fuck

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 05, 2016, 17:48

Hateful Eight was boring as fuck

That sounds like witch talk.  Searching for scales, duck and torches...