Movies/Shows you're watching.

Started by chemreact, Jul 09, 2015, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Edit: Pumisher on it first!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 05, 2018, 13:50

Score by Thom Yorke

Never caught the original, but this remake is looking good:

Thom Yorke on the score!

I should attach this one to the 90's thread. Jonah Hill looks to have an awesome timepiece on his hand with...

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, again!

Looks like were going to have a fantastic schedule of fall/Winter releases. 'Bohemian Rhapsody' too! Excite!
Last Edit: Aug 24, 2018, 00:25 by Bosco

I've been holding off to watch 'Lawrence of Arabia' in a proper format for quite some time, and I finally accomplished it two days ago.

As a matter of fact I watched 'Lawrence of Arabia' and 'Patton' as a double feature in 70mm glory, and I survived! I feel like I deserve a t-shirt explaining such madness, but the cinematic fufilliment will do me just fine!

And I don't feel this really needs to be said, but I will anyway... IT WAS INCREDIBLE!

2001: A Space Odyssey on deck

Wanted to see this in the cinema with the score and how it was shot. Another movie that reveals the many disturbing layers a human can have. I wanted it to go on but I guess it ended in an OK way.

Also finished the Leftovers. Forgot the 3rd Season was filmed here in Melbourne and now has clicked I remember someone I know telling me they were helping out on a HBO show out on the farm a couple years back.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Sep 25, 2018, 13:25

Also finished the Leftovers. Forgot the 3rd Season was filmed here in Melbourne and now has clicked I remember someone I know telling me they were helping out on a HBO show out on the farm a couple years back.
How did you like it? I loved the first two seasons, but the third season wasn't that great. Maybe it was because the show was originally plannded for four seasons, so the writers hat to compress some of the storytelling.

Is anybody watching Maniac? I'm three episodes in, so far I like the style and feeling of the series and I wonder how the story will unfold.

Also, The Good Place Season 3 starts this week. That's definitely one of the best things in the world right now :)

So this French guy is doing a City Hunter live action movie. Sorry.

Does anyone saw the new Terry Gilliam movie?
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 25, 2018, 18:03

Also, The Good Place Season 3 starts this week. That's definitely one of the best things in the world right now :)

I'm also excited for this. Easy good time TV with heart. Thumbs definitely up.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 25, 2018, 18:03

How did you like it? I loved the first two seasons, but the third season wasn't that great. Maybe it was because the show was originally plannded for four seasons, so the writers hat to compress some of the storytelling.

I had a feeling they may've rushed to a conclusion. That makes sense now about how they compressed some of the storytelling given that the last episode Nora finally explained what happened to her after she went through with 'it' when you thought she didn't. It took a good few minutes for her to explain that when they could've stretched that out in a few more episodes and showed it physically. So yeah I felt the 3rd season could've been better. Was good in parts but rushed in others. The whole orgy party on the boat (which was the Spirit of Tasmania if wanted to know) went for too long. I felt Michael the character didn't even need to be there half the time sometimes too he didn't have much to say towards the end. Overall you think the whole story is crazy and frustrating to watch at times but at the same time you could imagine humans behaving the way they do if something like that actually happened. Everyone in survival mode questioning their own existence.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Explud on Sep 25, 2018, 21:55

Does anyone saw the new Terry Gilliam movie?

Don Quixote?
no idea, no idea

So I rewatched 'The Machinist', the one where Christian Bale made himself look like a twig, and I forgot how bloody awesome this film is.

The
Spoiler
Twilight Zone/Hitchcock
influence is just wonderful.
Last Edit: Sep 30, 2018, 07:54 by Bosco

Christian Bale is a transformation artist extraordinaire

from the director of 'The Big Short'. Love the cast, this looks like it's gonna be good.

After two episodes, I have a vague suspicion that the reboot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch is not a sitcom.
Enjoying the hell out of it, though.

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 27, 2018, 21:48

After two episodes, I have a vague suspicion that the reboot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch is not a sitcom.
Enjoying the hell out of it, though.

You recommend?

I can recommend Maniac
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 28, 2018, 01:37

I can recommend Maniac

Watched this last week, I can see it would be tough to get into but I was glad I stuck it out.
Nearly finished DareDevil S3 (very good) and I think we have 3 episodes of Haunting of Hill House to finish. Funny watching people freaking out on Gogglebox while we sit there going 'hmm, creepy'. Good show though, interesting story, and that episode in the funeral home (filmed like one long take) was great.

First Man, anyone?

I've come out of a little mini hibernation to rave about it, so you know I enjoyed it. 
Last Edit: Nov 01, 2018, 00:37 by Bosco

Bohemian Rhapsody.
Unsure what to say about it. Somehow it was a good watch but I've got also a feeling that I totally forgot about this movie in 12 months.
no idea, no idea

^ I haven't seen it yet, I'm just happy it's finally made. I would have liked to see Sasha Baron Cohen realized as Freddie Mercury, but Rami Malek looks good from shots in the trailers.

I'm concerned though. The local movie critic which I follow, is absolutely berating it. Safe, corny, and with skewed perspective...

Dangit. I just wanted a movie that romanticized about Freddie's vocals...

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 01, 2018, 19:08

Rami Malek looks good from shots in the trailers.

I just wanted a movie that romanticized about Freddie's vocals...

Rami does his job really good, nothing to complain. And if the Queen songs are sung by himself, his voice is very near to the voice of Freddie
no idea, no idea