Did You Know That We Can Go to Japan?

Movies/Shows you're watching.

Started by chemreact, Jul 09, 2015, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Transfer or Transferts (every source has a different name for it, even though Transferts is the original french title)

French mini series (6 episodes) from 2016/17. Right now watching EP3 and enjoying it very much.

Florian Bassot suffers a swimming accident and falls into a coma. With the progressions in science, five years later his mind is transferred into the body of someone else. With transfers outlawed and his family's safety on the line, Florian has to hide his identity and live as Sylvain Bernard, one of the highest-ranking officers of B.A.I.T, the anti-transfers taskforce.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/transfer
https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transferts_(s%C3%A9rie_t%C3%A9l%C3%A9vis%C3%A9e)
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6531888/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2

Ok, now that i've seen all 6 episode i have to say that ep 1 -5 are really really great (the ending of ep5 is one of the most intense things that are watchable in any series), but ep6? Ep6 opens up more questions than it has answers, and those answers make it even worse. Sorry. EP1-5 Top, EP6 Flop
Last Edit: Apr 28, 2020, 09:33 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Been watching Letterkenny because I need the laugh.  ;D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Apr 19, 2020, 00:25

Been watching Letterkenny because I need the laugh.  ;D
How're you now?
Never for money, always for love.

I watched 'The Lighthouse'. I'd share my opinion but I don't wanna spill me beans.

I loved The Lighthouse. Fantastic performances. Beautiful cinematography. Gripping story.

Robert Eggers proving himself to be one of my favourite directors of recent times.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 26, 2020, 21:28

I loved The Lighthouse. Fantastic performances. Beautiful cinematography. Gripping story.

Robert Eggers proving himself to be one of my favourite directors of recent times.

Glad to see you liked it too. Robert Eggers's attention for detail is extremely enthralling for those who are willing. It's a bona fide classic for movie snobs. And while the story might not be engaging enough overall for a general audience, I think it's worth checking out for the performances alone. I'm quite certain you won't ever see a character like Willem Dafoe's ever again, unless there is a Moby Dick-type psychological thriller in the pipeline.

Anyone watching Better Call Saul ? Those last 3 episodes were on the same level as the best Breaking Bad episodes. So much tension!

Yes, this one Episode in the dessert was the best Episode so far from BCS
no idea, no idea

I'm only through 4 seasons of Better Call Saul. I have a really hard time watching TV on a week-to-week format, so I have to wait till it's available to me all in one sitting. Love the series though!

I did watch 'The Outsider' on HBO which was majorly disappointing. The first few episodes were great and then the writing got bad. Shame, because I think Ben Mendelsohn is a special actor and even his character felt incredibly flat.

Check-out the first season of 'Bloodline' on Netflix to see what I mean. And I strictly say first season, because everything after is a bit of a mess.

Bosco - I also prefer letting a series completely drop before getting invested (and prefer the Netflix model). The biggest issue is spoilers, but I do my best to avoid and not worry about it.
Last Edit: Apr 30, 2020, 21:46 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Last month or so I discovered a fun "mini" series called the Tick browsing the AMZ prime database. I didn't know anything about its pop culture background as a comic and all but the costume looked so blue, I had to check what that was about. And I was hooked instantly! Everything is so bizarrily funny, the dialogues are oftentimes just refreshingly hilarious and the Tick as well as Arthur, respectively their actors Peter Serafinowicz and Griffin Newman, are such perculiar but yet so funny characters. Heck, the whole cast is great.
I had to finish all two seasons (episodes just run roughly around 30 minutes).
What a refreshing take on the superheros theme of late. But of course, it's been cancelled already.

Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 17:56 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm very late on this, but I've finally watched the Beastie Boys Story documentary and it was excellent. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I sincerely appreciated the format and candid discussion. I don't think you'd have to be a huge fan of the Beasties to appreciate this story of growth, and if you are a fan (as I am), it is an excellent end-point to the band's story.

If I had one complaint...and it's not a complaint...I would have liked to have heard more perspective on Hello Nasty and the albums and events that followed. I certainly understand ending on the high note, and the key stories were covered. So again, it's not a complaint, but I would have watched that shit for 90 more minutes if they kept going. I'm a bigger fan after seeing this: I've journeyed with them in age and maturity from nearly the begining, and this was refreshing.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

This fucking year fucking sucks.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I will always think of this scene first when I hear the name Sean Connery  :D :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUHZZwuybiY&ab_channel=JordanConner

May his soul rest in peace.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

You can say what you want, but playing Indy's father was his best role ever. Way before Red October, Name of the rose, Marnie, Untouchables or every Bond movie
no idea, no idea

But but, Highlander! (See 3.46 and particularly 4.46 to the end)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

So...The Queen's Gambit on Netflix is very good.

The trailers don't do it justice, but the little Netflix preview when you hover on it better defines the pace and feel of this "limited series".

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 31, 2020, 15:47

You can say what you want, but playing Indy's father was his best role ever. Way before Red October, Name of the rose, Marnie, Untouchables or every Bond movie

He was also a formidable contestant on Celeb Jeopardy.