Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Movies/Shows you're watching.

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • Reining in the bots that freed themselves
Roger Rabbit is one of the greatest movies ever!
Let your heart see the colors all around you
And the darkness that you fear will disappear

• Freak Of The Week
for the love of God go see this movie! Doing a 3rd tomorrow! Laughing and crying will happen! Too many feels!

I finally did. Although I didn't cry, I laughed for the most of the movie.
Would join in recommending seeing it, it's nice to see a (superhero?) movie that actually has a sincere message.
Completely enjoyed it.
It helps that I always had huge crush on Michelle Yeoh.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

• The Boxer
Anyone saw Top Gun Maverick? Don't think (Just let it flow). Amazing movie!

• Burst Generator
  • ONE MAN WILL RISK EVERYTHING TO SAVE HIS FAMILY.
Went and saw Everything Everywhere All At Once!... Michelle Yeoh's acting range is peak here. ... 80's film nerds will recognize that Lo Pan from Big Trouble In Little China and Data from the Goonies make impressive yet compelling characters

I finally did. Although I didn't cry, I laughed for the most of the movie.
Would join in recommending seeing it, it's nice to see a (superhero?) movie that actually has a sincere message.
Completely enjoyed it.
It helps that I always had huge crush on Michelle Yeoh.

I just watched it a couple of days ago. Data from the Goonies is AKA Short Round from Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom. That's what I semi-recognised him from (with the help of IMDB).
Michelle Yeoh will always be the kick-ass Motorcycle chick from Tomorrow Never Dies for me.

As for the film, it certainly felt different from anything else I've seen. At times it was a lot of fun. But at the risk of being the party pooper here, the last half hour kinda dragged for me; I was basically waiting for it to be over. Fair Do's to A24 for continuing to pursue new avenues though.

Anyone saw Top Gun Maverick? Don't think (Just let it flow). Amazing movie!

When I heard this was happening I wondered: who asked for a sequel 35 years later? Surely this is gonna be a huge flop?
But I'm hearing nothing but good things about it. Rotten Tomatoes currently has it at 96% which is remarkable. So now I guess I have to watch it!
DON'T. LOOK. DOWN.

• Burst Generator
  • K+D+B is godlike
When I heard this was happening I wondered: who asked for a sequel 35 years later? Surely this is gonna be a huge flop?
But I'm hearing nothing but good things about it. Rotten Tomatoes currently has it at 96% which is remarkable. So now I guess I have to watch it!
Just read that this is the most succesful movie of his career, earning 291 million dollars in the first 10 days (usa & canada). For example, his most succesful movie before that was War Of The Worlds which earned 234 million dollar through it's complete cinema time (also usa & canada).
no idea, no idea

• Burst Generator
  • trying
Roger Rabbit is one of the greatest movies ever!

I watched Chinatown...

Fun re:View here from the Red Letter Media crew. They even mention Chinatown several times over, which is a funny parallel we had on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgnN62S02xg

• Burst Generator
  • trying
Music Box Theatre of Chicago (which I frequently mention on here) is going to celebrate movies that utilize stop-motion film making over the course of the next month. They commission fun promo bumpers to hype events like this quite often. Some of the best come in the style of 'Robot Chicken' like this latest commission:

https://twitter.com/musicboxtheatre/status/1542197807578320898

Love the Ash and Wallace bit.

Also, since we are on the subject of stop-motion it looks like I need to watch 'Mad God':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jas8OABbn0Y

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2022, 04:49 by Bosco »  

• Galvanizer
  • What it do?
I haven't seen much love for the Umbrella Academy here. All three seasons have been interesting and captivating while growing into something distinctly different, and the characters evolve to the point of being reinvented every season while still remaining true to what we've learned.

I watch a lot of pop culture geeky stuff (most recently Stranger Things, The Boys, Ms Marvel, Obi-Wan Kenobi), but of all of them, this one had me most excited to see the next episodes.
Uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

• Freak Of The Week
I was not ready for nope. I'm tripping the hell out from that experience. I love Jordan Peele's works but damn. call me a wuss all you want but thank god I don't have to work tomorrow, because I don't think I can sleep.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

• Freak Of The Week
Sandman did not dissapoint.
It had some interesting visuals and cast is excellent.
I hope there will be more of it.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

• Freak Of The Week
  • The Future, I'll See You There
Oh, I love the comics, they were my favourite until dethroned by Saga and Monstress (with the caveat that these series are not finished yet, so there is no way to tell whether they can keep up the quality until their conclusion).

So far, I have the impression that the Netflix adaptation is well-received, I'll shure check it out once I'm done with bingeing The Boys

• Galvanizer
  • What it do?
People are saying Prey is the best Predator movie since the original. That’s nostalgia speaking.

Prey took everything interesting about the original and improved upon it.
Uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!